This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

Two Jumbo Jacks from Jack-in-the-Box and a large cup of Mountain Dew from the KFC Express at Daiei.

Comment

Da wife and I going make some Hawaiian slider burgers for the keikis. BBQ some small burgers with teri marinade and serve on a soft hawaiian roll. Maybe some tater tots on da side. Da parents goin grind wit red onions, lettuce, and maybe some muenster cheese.

Comment

Peppercorn mushroom steak dinner from Ruby Tuesday with some veggies and Diet Coke.

Purchased a cup of Cherry Garica from a store and ate it at home while watching an episode of Threshold.

Comment

Made some spaghetti that I learned from my dad.

Cook your pasta, should be spaghetti, but tonight all I had was rotini.

Oven roast 6 roma tomatoes, halved with olive oil drizzled on top plus salt, pepper, and minced garlic. 450 degrees for 15 minutes or so.

After it's done, chop the roma halves in half and stir into the pot of cooked/drained pasta with a bunch of chopped basil.

I had to add some salt afterwards because you can never make stuff as good as your parents.

Light and tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
            Made some spaghetti that I learned from my dad.
            Cook your pasta, should be spaghetti, but tonight all I had was rotini.
            Oven roast 6 roma tomatoes, halved with olive oil drizzled on top plus salt, pepper, and minced garlic. 450 degrees for 15 minutes or so.
            After it's done, chop the roma halves in half and stir into the pot of cooked/drained pasta with a bunch of chopped basil.
            I had to add some salt afterwards because you can never make stuff as good as your parents.
            Light and tasty.
            Sounds REALLY ono, Paul!

Last night "Twin A" (his designation before birth) had: Spam Katsu Curry rice; "Twin B" and I had Chicken Katsu Curry Rice and we all got our own side order of gyoza -- because that is something Mommy NEVER shares ... and my daughter, who doesn't eat much rice, had a side order chicken katsu and a side order gyoza ... all from Sumo Ramen in Kaneohe. A post-pay day treat. (No. 1 son was out with friends, so he missed out ... or, maybe he didn't ...
            ... j/k
            I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Na'ting spesho. Jus made some carne asada with some mini tortillas, beans, and veggies. The keikis were able to grind all togetta (they ate der veggies ).

Comment

Cheeseburger, nachos and a few glasses of Diet Pepsi at Dukes.

Comment

Beef Stroganoff.

Yeah, real fancy. Ground beef, a beef stroganoff (powdered) sauce packet, pasta (farfalle, because neva have egg noodles); and on the side, broccoli cuts microwaved from da freezah.

Das' okay -- we had a busy day and da boys was hungry (dotter working at Mickey D's so her dinner's on the clown).
                  Last edited by Erika Engle; September 2, 2006, 09:58 PM.

Comment

cheddar burger, waffle fries, some hula pie all washed down with a pepsi from Duke's!

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                      Sounds REALLY ono, Paul!

Last night "Twin A" (his designation before birth) had: Spam Katsu Curry rice; "Twin B" and I had Chicken Katsu Curry Rice and we all got our own side order of gyoza

Hey, Erika, go my parents' house. The spaghetti tasteses mo' betta ova there.

Spam Katsu Curry... <drools on shirt> You can't find good stuff like that up here.

Tonight I had a bratwurst at the California Speedway. My first time to a NASCAR event! Got to hang out right above the pits during the race and toured the whole facility on a golf cart, courtesy of Gerard Elmore. He's working with the Crown Royal racing team, documenting their season on Crown Royal dot com.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
                        Hey, Erika, go my parents' house. The spaghetti tasteses mo' betta ova there.

Spam Katsu Curry... <drools on shirt> You can't find good stuff like that up here.

Tonight I had a bratwurst at the California Speedway. My first time to a NASCAR event! Got to hang out right above the pits during the race and toured the whole facility on a golf cart, courtesy of Gerard Elmore. He's working with the Crown Royal racing team, documenting their season on Crown Royal dot com.
                        The kids and I will even bring our own chairs!
                        Next time you come home -- don't leave without a Spam Katsu Curry fix!
                        Bratwurst and NASCAR ... (and Crown Royal) ... such a combination! Now see, the whole NASCAR thing is something we can only experience on TV.

I have a friend who was into motorsports in his younger days ... and during one event the "girls" from one of the sponsors (Marlboro?) were there, scantily clad as one might expect. One of the guys' verbal reactions to the girls caused a wizened pit-crew-boss to tell him to essentially forget about even trying -- because -- "they are made of unobtainium."

Back OT -- I'm gonna buy some roma tomatoes and see if I can make a decent go of your parents' dish ...
                        Last edited by Erika Engle; September 3, 2006, 10:46 AM. Reason: getting back OT

Comment

The Alpha Female & I are using the weekend to go through boxes of papers, piles of photos, etc., and clean up around the hale a bit (the danger of having two packrats in a one-bedroom condo...), so dinner was our simple mix of slices of salami, cheese, and bread. A basic dry salami this time, with two kinds of cheddar, and a rosemary foccacia, dipped in olive oil & balsamic vinegar.

Comment

Pastrami sandwich from Subways. Also picked up a bag of Doritos Fiery Habanero which took a bottle of Mountain Dew and bottle of water to cool down the spice of the chips.

Comment

Chicken katsu and hamburger steak plate lunch with a cup of Mountain Dew from Mahalo Drive Inn.

Comment

Jumbo Jack, Masterpiece burger, two tacos from Jack-in-the-Box and a bottle of orange Gatorade.

Comment

Working...
                                X