• Show
Clear All

• Re: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

Not soup!!!!
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Slice of pizza, chicken bake, cup of water and a yogurt swirl from Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
        Crackers...and water...we ALL have the flu!
        Is it that time already??

Take care...

Comment

Famous bowl, cole slaw, corn, extra chicken of various types and a cup of water from KFC.

Comment

Peanut butter and raspbery jam on wholewheat. Peanut butter is hard to find in France.

Comment

Why?? Don't they eat PB?

I made eggs, bacon, pancakes, english muffins, OJ and Bagels too. Why does no one kid like the same food???!!
              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
              Sharing withother survivors...
              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

The French have no idea of good food...sometimes.

Comment

Slice of pizza, chicken bake, water and yourgt from Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
                    Made some spaghetti that I learned from my dad.
                    Cook your pasta, should be spaghetti, but tonight all I had was rotini.
                    Oven roast 6 roma tomatoes, halved with olive oil drizzled on top plus salt, pepper, and minced garlic. 450 degrees for 15 minutes or so.
                    After it's done, chop the roma halves in half and stir into the pot of cooked/drained pasta with a bunch of chopped basil.
                    I had to add some salt afterwards because you can never make stuff as good as your parents.
                    Light and tasty.
                    "The pasta is AMAZING." -- Dylan, 13
                    Hey Paul, had to share the fam's response and Dylan's summed it up nicely. I served this pasta dish alongside some Parmesan chicken or something like that.
                    My only deviances (I KNEW you'd love that word) from your recipe were:
                    - Neva have fresh basil, so I sprinkled some dried oregano and basil on the 'maters before roasting
                    - I chopped the tomatoes smaller, cause get planny of us and I wanted each of us to get that wonderful flavor all through.
                    - When the pasta was drained -- and because I was feeling a bit naughty -- I dotted the hot pasta with a LITTLE butter (a little, to me, almost NONE to Paula Deen -- but of course that's not saying much ) and then drizzled with a bit of EVOO (you know, to help cancel out some of the guilt) and then tossed the pasta, to-mah-to bits etc. all up, prior to serving.
                    Parm was offered for a'shakin' at the table. YUMMMY! A definite keeper!
                    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Plate lunch from Kelly's Cajun at Daiei.

Comment

Tuna lasagna made from the prep cupboard...tuna, dehydrated onion, pepper, garlic, mushrooms and zucchini, spaghetti sauce, cheese, and a white sauce made with butter, flour, mustard, tabasco, stock cube and milk. You don't have to pre-cook the lasagna noodles if you make the sauces a bit more soppy than usual.

For dessert we had store-cupboard chocolate cake. It's very quick and easy to make, freezes or stores well, and everybody likes it. I bake it in the oven, but you can also halve the recipe and do it in the microwave, about seven minutes on high.

Mix for two minutes on high speed:

1/4 c. vinegar
                        2 eggs
                        2 c. water
                        1 c. oil
                        2 c. sugar
                        1 t. vanilla
                        3 c. flour
                        1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
                        1 t. salt
                        2 t. baking soda
                        1 c. coconut (optional)

Pour into a 13x9 inch greased pan, and bake at 350°f (180°c) for about 45 minutes, or til a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. For the frosting, melt two bars of dark chocolate with a dollop or two of cream or canned milk, or even ordinary milk. Stir and stir and stir til it's homogenized, and pour over the cake and leave to set. This cake is very good with whipped cream or ice cream...or both.

The same mix, less the cocoa, and with an extra half cup of flour to make it up, can be used as a pineapple upside-down cake. Just melt a good amount of butter in the cake pan first and sprinkle it with enough brown sugar to set the butter, then top with pineapple rings or pieces, candied cherries, almonds...then the cake mix, and into the oven it goes. Right when it's done, put a platter (one big enough to hold the cake) over the pan and quickly turn it upside-down, then leave it for a sec, and slowly take off the pan...if any fruit sticks to the bottom of the pan, just loosen it and push it back into the cake, in the place where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                          "The pasta is AMAZING." -- Dylan, 13
                          Hey Paul, had to share the fam's response and Dylan's summed it up nicely. I served this pasta dish alongside some Parmesan chicken or something like that.
                          My only deviances (I KNEW you'd love that word) from your recipe were:
                          - Neva have fresh basil, so I sprinkled some dried oregano and basil on the 'maters before roasting...
                          Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

And who isn't a little deviant every now and then? Hands, please? Oh, just me. Rats.

Comment

BBQ chicken plate lunch and a bottle of water from L&L Drive Inn.

Comment

Homemade tandoori chicken, dal and basmati rice. Had to improv on the tandoori marinade because we only had vanilla yogurt and no plain yogurt in the refrig, and surprisingly, the tandoori still tasted great after grilling!

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

A couple of personal pan pizzas, breadsticks and a cup of Mountain Dew Baja Blast from Taco Bell.

Comment

Working...
                                X