Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disappearing establishments

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    Erika reports this morning that Pasta & Basta @ Restaurant Row (can it be called that anymore?) is shutting down.
    It took awhile, but I guess this turned out to be the correct call after all...

Originally posted by musubi View Post
    ... is this one going straight to the "Disappearing Establishments" thread?
    To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Did I miss this, Eastside Grill, longtime a sports bar/restaurant to hang out before, during and after UH sports is closed?? Also saw tonight Genki Sushi on Kapahulu looked closed as well. If anyone can confirm otherwise, please share your thoughts....

Aj

Comment

Eastside Grill has been closed for a long time - like last year?

Comment

Eastside Grill has been closed for a long time - like last year?
          Shows how often I get over to that area!

Found out it closed November 2008, the same year it was voted one of the Top 3 sports bars in the Bulletin.

Aj
          Last edited by Kalihiboy; September 9, 2009, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
            7-11 on Kinau Street and Piikoi is gone. I was wondering when this would happen with the new 7-11 just a few blocks down the road.
            Those two 7-11s were in close proximity. But with all the one way street streets in that area, both locations were attracting motorists coming from different directions. The Kinau St. store was catching a lot of drivers making a right turn from Beretania before going onto the nearby H-1 onramp. Too bad it closed. Now those same Beretania St. drivers have to make a detour to Young St. if they want to get to the King/Piikoi 7-11. Not very convenient. But maybe even 7-11 has to trim down its operations in order to cope with this economy.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

• Re: It's Chili In Hawaii, move or pau?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              They are no longer in Moiliili, on King St.
              Chili in Hawaii is moving again! The Shipping Shack dude is moving, so we're "taking it on the road" so-to-speak. We'll be at the Aloha Stadium Swap meet & shows at the Blaisdell. Our next show is the Food & New Products show October 16, 17 & 18, 2009. If you want to be added to our mailing list, e-mail us chiliinhawaii@gmail.com

We thank everyone for their patronage!! See you soon!!

Mr. & Mrs. Chile

Comment

Did I miss this, Eastside Grill, longtime a sports bar/restaurant to hang out before, during and after UH sports is closed?? Also saw tonight Genki Sushi on Kapahulu looked closed as well. If anyone can confirm otherwise, please share your thoughts....

Aj
                Genki Sushi on Kapahulu is open, I guess the night I went by it was closed for some reason.

Aj

Comment

Aj
                  see posts #386, 387, 391, 392 and 394 of this same thread.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Erika reports this morning that Haili's Hawaiian Foods is re-opening in Kapahulu.

Comment

Walgreen's purchase of the strip mall @ the corner of Nu`uanu and School beginning to have an effect:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...l+loses+stores

Comment

Walgreen's purchase of the strip mall @ the corner of Nu`uanu and School beginning to have an effect:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...l+loses+stores
                        Oh poop...I loved Huckleberry Farms.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          Oh poop...I loved Huckleberry Farms.
                          With the Grab N' Go Deli.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Big Island `Ohana Cafe @ KTA pau:

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/...ws/local01.txt

Comment

oh that's too bad. The food was okay but it was a nice simple place to have breakfast or lunch and a cup of coffee. Parking was a bitch for that place though. Too bad.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Star Market in Mo`ili`ili closes Monday:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...i+ili+to+close

Comment

Working...
                                X