Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disappearing establishments

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    PBN reporting that Planet Hollywood will close in Waikiki next week when its lease runs out.
    Hasn't this closed once before and re-opened?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      Was the food here better than at Down to Earth from across the street?
      yes, it was much better - with the added advantage of not being run by a cult.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

PBN reporting that Planet Hollywood will close in Waikiki next week when its lease runs out.
        Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        Hasn't this closed once before and re-opened?
        I never heard about the PH in Waikiki previously closing down. From the time of its grand opening, it's always been at the old Mitsukoshi building.

There was a PH in Lahaina, which closed down about 10 years ago.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          I never heard about the PH in Waikiki previously closing down. From the time of its grand opening, it's always been at the old Mitsukoshi building.

There was a PH in Lahaina, which closed down about 10 years ago.
          What I mean is I thought it was closed temporarily when it changed ownership circa 2001 or so?

Comment

hi one place i do miss was garden house is they once fixed our weedeater and now our weedeater isnt working so if we may wish to either fix our's or trade it in for a new one,my mom and second sis would go to sand island to aloha power equipment and my mom would then either trade our's in or get a new weedeater.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
              hi one place i do miss was garden house is they once fixed our weedeater and now our weedeater isnt working so if we may wish to either fix our's or trade it in for a new one,my mom and second sis would go to sand island to aloha power equipment and my mom would then either trade our's in or get a new weedeater.

I didnt think they sold food at the Garden House?

Comment

Fertilizer...to grow the produce?! That's a bit of a stretch, I know!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Garden House actually would be a great name for a place that you could eat plenty of salads, vegetables, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    The name of the thread is "Disappearing eating establishments." And as Sansei said, the Garden House was where he had his Weed Eater repaired.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The name of the thread is "Disappearing eating establishments." And as Sansei said, the Garden House was where he had his Weed Eater repaired.
                      Good one Frankie!

Comment

• Re: Disappearing eating establishments

hi this is sansei and i didnt read that this was for disappering eating establishment's is i thought it would've been ok to post about garden house here since it shared disappearing establishment's,i didnt mean to post it here. sorry

Comment

April 18 (yesterday) was their last day. Yet according to the founder and CEO, he plans on reopening an even better restaurant at a new location in Hawaii, TBA.

Also recently closed down just a few footsteps away Ewa of Planet Hollywood in Waikiki is Ramen Nakamura.

I wish they'd open a Goma Tei in Waikiki.

I miss Daruma. They had the best, most authentic Tokyo style Ramen I've tasted on the island yet. They used to have a location on Koreamoku street in front of Sam Sung plaza, and another newer location in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center.
                          Last edited by Pomai; April 19, 2010, 02:49 PM.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                            Also recently closed down just a few footsteps away Ewa of Planet Hollywood in Waikiki is Ramen Nakamura.
                            Slight correction: according to a sign posted on their papered-shut window, Ramen Nakamura in Waikiki is only temporarily closed for renovation, saying they will reopen in April. Guess they're still working inside.

Nothing wrong with the way it was, but perhaps they want a look that's more chic and modern like Goma Tei. We'll see.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

• Re: Disappearing eating establishments

Cold Stone Creamery at Salt Lake Shopping Center is closed.

I went there once. Never went back. Who wants to pay six bucks for an ice cream cone?

Lets see what's next. Wish there was a tavern there.
                                You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X