X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Japanese Restaurants In Hawaii

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
    I like Yanagi Sushi and Sushi King. Might give Musashi a try! Thanks
    I remember the night I went to Yanagi and when I entered the owner greeted us. I told her someone parked their Mercedes across two parking stalls and there were people trying to find parking there and couldn't because of this asshole's magnificant parking abilities.

She quickly ran out and moved her car.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I would have to say in Hilo The Nihon Resturant and Cultural Center is a good deal....
      Frommer's Review

This restaurant offers a beautiful view of Hilo Bay on one side and the soothing green sprawl of Liliuokalani Gardens on the other. This is a magnificent part of Hilo that's often overlooked because of its location away from the central business district. The reasonably priced menu features steak-and-seafood combination dinners and selections from the sushi bar, including the innovative poke and lomi salmon hand rolls. The "Businessman's Lunch," a terrific deal, comes with sushi, potato salad, soup, vegetables, and two choices from the following: butterfish, shrimp tempura, sashimi, chicken, and other morsels. This isn't inexpensive dining, but the value is sky-high, with a presentation that matches the serenity of the room and its stunning view of the bay.
      In a town with very little choice, this is the best IMO.
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
        just wanted to point out that Million is korean yakiniku, not japanese.

hata's on south king by times is great for homey, grandma's style local japanese food. john dominis has great sushi (having stolen one of the sushi chefs from sushi king) and a lovely selection of sake. we also enjoyed kai near walmart. for noodles, jimbo's is soooo good. i've not been to natsunoya tea house but i've heard from many that it is a wonderful tea house experience.
        I've seen HATA RESTAURANT on South King Street while driving by and have wondered about trying them out. The only neggie has been the lack of available street parking. Maybe I'll try again within the next two weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X