X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miulang
    replied
    Re: Beer Ice Cream

I think the Guinness ice cream would work better if you deep sixed the molasses. Having that cloying taste of molasses in my mouth on top of the richness of the other ingredients would probably turn me green around the gills too.

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

oO(beer float?!?)

chruckdhuckgaHAAACCCK!

Somebody hold my hair! PrettypleasaaawwwkkgahaHAha-huuuh-akahaAACCK

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Originally posted by Miulang
    I suppose if Pyramid Ale can put Starbucks coffee in one of its brews, Guinness can make stout ice cream!
    Gosh. That means you'd want to stay awake and fall sleep all at the same time. Sounds like instant trauma to the brain.

Actually, after reading the recipe in the original link, it sounds like this Guiness (stout) Ice Cream just might taste pretty good.

Heck, if the Iron Chefs can make Squid Ink Ice Cream, why not beer?

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

I've tried beer floats. I figured, if a root beer float is good, then why not a regular beer float? Nope, didn't work. All I got was milky tasting beer.

Leave a comment:

• ExtraScoop
    replied

I've made beer and I've made ice cream but I've never made beer flavored ice cream before. I've never made ice cream flavored beer either.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

In John Steinbeck's Cannery Row, the main character one day goes into a diner and orders a beer milkshake. He's feeling sorta angry about something, and this is, believe it or not, a kind of important moment in the story, since he is such a predictable fellow.

He didn't like it much.

If you haven't read this great novel, please do yourself a favor and read it. Then let's talk about it!

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

I suppose if Pyramid Ale can put Starbucks coffee in one of its brews, Guinness can make stout ice cream!

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    started a topic Beer Ice Cream

Beer Ice Cream

It had to happen...someone made a Guinness Beer Ice Cream . Brilliant!
Working...
X