Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Favorite Korean BBQ Restaurant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's Your Favorite Korean BBQ Restaurant?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    And I'll be paying for it tonight
    maybe you'll even get some free "side" dishes. ENJOY!
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
      maybe you'll even get some free "side" dishes. ENJOY!
      Yeah I'll take the dessert first then go for the main course
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Next to the Waikiki Town Center, there's Mikawon II. Looks like a hole in the wall, but their dining area isn't crowded for nothing. In fact, some Japanese tour companies make reservations there for groups. And it's no wonder. They serve the best Kal-Bi, Bul-Go-Ki, and Kim-Chee fried rice that I've ever tasted.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          My two favorite Korean Resturants are "Han Yang" in Kalihi on N. King Street ...

Auntie Lynn
          Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          My friend (Haken) introduced me to Han Yang, and I've become a fan.
          a couple of weekends ago, based on these recommendations, and having left iwilei best buy with growling bellies, eric and i tried han yang. we were amused to be seated at what was obviously the non-korean side (to the left when you walk in the door; only koreans were on the right hand side of the restaurant). our server's eyes widened dubiously when i told her i wanted the butterfish stew, and that i wanted it spicy. {"did you have butterfish stew before? you sure you want spicy?" she asked.) she blinked when i asked her for more ko choo jang (eric wanted some to go with his kal bi & chicken). when i wondered if they had shik hae, it was all over (cause they don't have shik hae).

maybe they're not used to brown girls liking the red stuff as much as i do. *shrug*

food was good tho. i've had better butterfish stew in the koreamoku district, but for kalihi, twas satisfying. the kal bi and chicken were tender and tasty--amongst the best i've had. and we were not going to complain about $2 OB, either.

just would be interesting if next time, they seat us on the korean side. eric is a fraction yobbo anyway.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            a couple of weekends ago, based on these recommendations,
            Han Yang has been sold twice since we wrote that. The quality and service of the original owners is long gone.

Million Dollar Yakiniku is where it's at foa me!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

K-den...I was so ono foa Beef Intestines.

Yeah, I'm ordered by my Dietitian "No Restaurants!"

But today is an exception.

I'm celebrating my eighth month non-smoking. (Actually, it was yesterday, but I forgot.)

Anyways, we went to Han Yang cause Million Dollar was closed.
              They opened at 11:00 a.m.

Was good.

Spicy Seasoned Pork with Lettuce and Miso
              Chitterlings Stew
              Rice
              Attached Files
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
              X