• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch today?

Creamy pasta!

Comment

Today it was cheese, tomato and lettuce on 7 grain bread sandwich!
      Lovena

Comment

Today, we're having leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and mixed vegetables.
        ~'Ailina

Comment

Sobble!

Couldn't have lunch today because Safeway at Manoa Marketplace had a sign in the door saying "EBT OFFLINE".

Comment

Chinese rice and spring rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
              Sobble!

Couldn't have lunch today because Safeway at Manoa Marketplace had a sign in the door saying "EBT OFFLINE".

I know the EBT cards don't allow for hot "ready to eat" prepared foods, does that restriction also apply to cold items like deli sandwiches too? This one lady tried to buy a hot roastbeef sandwich with an EBT card and was rejected. I ended up paying for so she could eat it and I could get my groceries checked out.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Today its Shrimp Tempura sushi!
                Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                  I know the EBT cards don't allow for hot "ready to eat" prepared foods, does that restriction also apply to cold items like deli sandwiches too? This one lady tried to buy a hot roastbeef sandwich with an EBT card and was rejected. I ended up paying for so she could eat it and I could get my groceries checked out.
                  What a good guy you are! Will you pay for my lunch too, sometime?
                  I bet that "random act of kindness" really made that lady's day!

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

"I know the EBT cards don't allow for hot "ready to eat" prepared foods, does that restriction also apply to cold items like deli sandwiches too?"

Oh, it's bizarre. Cold deli sandwiches are fine. Those roasted chickens which were cooked the day before and are available cold at places like Foodland are also okay, even though they aren't on the day they are cooked. (I mean, how dumb can you get?)

Had some watermelon for lunch today, via EBT. A bit outrageous, when I see whole watermelons available for 14-cents a pound, to charge almost five dollars for a few pieces sliced and placed in a plastic dish. Guess those slicers must be getting quite an hourly wage. (NOT!)

Comment

Today I braved the awful traffic to join the eGullet gang at South Shore Grill, formerly Ted's Bigger Burgers on Monsarrat (and run by Ted's wife). Of course I had the "little bit of everything" mix plate, with a fish taco, Korean kal-bi, and BBQ chicken with the "local style" sides of rice, tuna mac salad and slaw.

Comment

I'm going to have the Okinawan Shoyu Pork at Wally Ho's in Aiea - that's a great place for those who haven't tried it yet.

Comment

It wasn't lunch, but for dinner last night I had a laulau plate from Masu's Massive Plate Lunch. It was good, but the one from Young's Fish Market is better.

Comment

A six-inch pepperoni pizza from Papa John's at UH-Manoa. I think I got lucky, had five slices of pepperoni instead of four since one slice was stuck to the other.

They don't use microwave, keep the pizzas in a hot cabinet, so they hand the thing over on demand, once you give up your $3.50.

No, I won't be testing these objects again ....

Comment

Beef Stroganoff from a Sodexho vending machine, warmed in the provided microwave. I thought Stroganoff was supposed to be with flat egg noodles, but this version used plain old spaghetti.

Oh well, what can you expect for two dollars from a vending machine?

Comment

chinese dumplings

Comment

Working...
                                X