X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Lakio
    replied
    Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 8

Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, ginger ale - from Pike Place Market (Beecher's - who make their own cheese on the premises.)

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Pepsi with Lime from the HCC Bookstore.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Bottle of water (had the usual sandwiches and Mountain Dew for breakfast).

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Spicy Chicken w/ Lemon Grass sandwich and Spring Rolls from Saigon's on Waialae.

[patiently waits for 12:30]

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Turkey sandwich, bento and a bottle of water.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Bento, turkey sandwich and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

An overpriced (but decent) salad bar and a few slices of salty pizza from Chuck E. Cheese in Aina Haina. Not my favorite place in the world, but if that's what our middle son wants for his 4th birthday, he's got it.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Originally posted by Erika Engle
    I know there are great places to eat on this side, too, but I usually eat lunch at home ... at my desk, often reading HT.
    Erika, have you eaten at KJ's, in Windward City next to Genki? That's easily my favorite plate-lunch place. The food is crazy-good and the prices excellent. Good place for hungry teens, I tellya. The fried chicken plate comes with SIX huge, crispy thighs and costs just over five bucks. When you order that plate, they give you the plate with three thighs piled high, and then a little aluminum-foil packet with another three thighs wrapped up. It's insane, I tell you. I've seen people sit down and eat all six, but I've never been stupid enough to even try. I highly recommend the furikake chicken, but everything on the menu is above-average.

Leave a comment:

• Erika Engle
    replied

Hi Cran ...

Well, in just over two short weeks I will have FOUR teenagers. My 12-year olds are about to have a birthday. My eldest son is 18, my daughter's 16. My daughter's usually the lightest eater, but sometimes the oldest one surprises me and doesn't eat nearly as much as the twins. They can EAT!

I also fear the T-bone steak issue -- and with good reason!

Those pancakes sound killer ... may have to bite the budget bullet. Or, just treat MYSELF one day.

Goin' be hard though, with school ending soon.

Leave a comment:

• CranBeree
    replied

i loooveee boots & kimo's. banana pancakes with macnut sauce..yummm.

erika, how old are the kids? i was thinking if they were young enough they could share. me and the hubby share the pancakes and whatever we order with our 5 yr old...on the other hand when i take my oldest (12) and nieces out to to eat and they all want to order t-bone steaks... i took them to denny's once and said they could order whatever they wanted ..my breakfast tab turned out to be 80.00 for 4 kids and 1 adult...i don't think i'll do that again!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by Erika Engle
    I've never been to Boots & Kimo's. A travesty, except in my own defense I rarely have the budget to take myself and 4 kids out to eat. The lines are also a little off-putting ... but the 10 minute wait you cited doesn't seem bad at all.
    Mitch D'Olier, pres./CEO of Kaneohe Ranch, says if you get there at about 7a you beat the rush. Oops, was that out loud?
    Mitch is right. And Erika, you must go there, if only for the banana pancakes with the macadamia nut sauce. Incredibly good!
    Nothing else on their menu comes close.

Leave a comment:

• Erika Engle
    replied

Omigosh pz, the food p0rn kills me! (Don't stop )

One of the FEW downsides of working from home in Kaneohe is being so far away from great town-side lunch venues like Nicos. I've been there ... three times (?) and have been impressed every time. Now you too can see why.

I know there are great places to eat on this side, too, but I usually eat lunch at home ... at my desk, often reading HT.

It's really embarrassing to say, but after all my years on the WW side, I've never been to Boots & Kimo's. A travesty, except in my own defense I rarely have the budget to take myself and 4 kids out to eat. The lines are also a little off-putting ... but the 10 minute wait you cited doesn't seem bad at all.

Mitch D'Olier, pres./CEO of Kaneohe Ranch, says if you get there at about 7a you beat the rush. Oops, was that out loud?

re: Big Kahuna's ... a co-worker went to pick up Big Kahuna's a couple times (we'd all chip in) for pizza and those cheesy garlic bread things ... REALLY good. Not exactly diet fare.
    Last edited by Erika Engle; June 3, 2006, 09:13 AM. Reason: Added Big Kahuna's comment

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Originally posted by glossyp
    Personal pan pizza from Big Kahuna on Puuloa Rd.
    My school is in the area, and we get takeout from Big Kahuna a few times a year. The toppings are always surprisingly fresh-tasting, and yes, get those garlic cheese-bread thingies. I recommend anything with lots of veggies and I really like their goat-cheese pizza.

Leave a comment:

• glossyp
    replied

Originally posted by CranBeree
    have you tried their garlic cheese balls?? yumm!
    That's what the table next to ours was eating! It looked like pull-apart rolls topped with lots of gooey cheese and bits of garlic. I'll have to try them next time.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied
    Boots and Kimo's in Kailua

Kilinahe and I (and our littlest one) found ourselves in Kailua, so we decided to finally try Boots and Kimo's on Hekili St. The place has a reputation for pancakes (specifically its macadamia sauce), and long waits. Fortunately, it wasn't too busy, so we only needed to stand outside, hungry, for about 10 minutes. And about fifteen minutes after we were seated? There were two open tables inside... unheard of!

Anyway, even though it was lunch we were in the mood for breakfast (which they serve all day). I had their daily special, a kal bi breakfast plate. Kal bi and hash browns and eggs on the same plate! Kilinahe, of course, went with their signature dish, a full stack of pancakes with the macadamia sauce. All told, 'twas all de-licious! We'll definitely have to go back!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X