X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 8

Originally posted by pzarquon
    A six-inch turkey sub (pepperjack cheese, toasted on plain white) from Subway. Walked past a huge crowd gathered for a surf shop liquidation sale... which explained the folks walking around downtown with surfboards!
    What a great photo! I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was instantly reminded of a certain Beatles album cover.
    Last edited by helen; July 10, 2006, 10:21 AM. Reason: putting in the missing quote tag
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Turkey sandwiches and a bottle of water.

Comment

Spicy Chicken Sandwich w/ lemongrass and spring rolls from Saigon Restaurant. (AGAIN)
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Leftovers from last night's dinner, which was thick, juicy, perfectly medium rare sirloin steak, sauteed mushrooms, steamed broccoli and rice.

Came out great reheated at work, despite having been frozen rather than refrigerated, because our 16-year-old refrigerator died last night and took everything that didn't fit in our outdoor freezer with it.
          Originally posted by Erika Engle
          What a great photo! I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was instantly reminded of a certain Beatles album cover.
          Hee! Thanks. I have to admit, I have Abbey Road in mind almost any time I photograph a street scene, and am often happy to see a well-defined crosswalk...

Comment

I went to Downtown today to do some errands. I couldn't make up my mind on what to purchase to eat. Then it hit! Idea!!!

Heidi's!!!

Ham and Swiss Cheese on Sour dough BREAD with the works.

Also ordered their famous Homemade Chile Con Carne with rice.

A can of ice cold Coca~Cola!

I am content.

Auntie Lynn

Btw: I wanted to go into the middle of Tamarand Park to sing and dance cause it's such a beautiful Monday afternoon.
            Last edited by 1stwahine; July 10, 2006, 04:17 PM.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Chicken Parmigiana and garlic bread, from Abargio Pasta in Kaneohe.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Met my dad at Brew Moon for lunch. He got the BBQ pulled pork sandwich, I got the BBQ bacon burger. We trade halves. Not bad, and certainly filling.

Wasn't impressed with Brew Moon, though. I imagine their lunch service isn't exactly their 'A' game.

Comment

That's because you don't drink. Try anything deep-fried with their heartier beers and you might change your mind; the onion rings are especially compatible with their brews.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                    Sauerkraut pizza. Home-made bread dough, tomato sauce, canned kraut, swiss cheese. Don't knock it, til you've tried it!
                    I wouldn't knock that. Sauerkraut makes everything taste better, and this is really close to one of my own creations: kim chee pizza. Try it. Use the thick, white parts of the won bok.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                      That's because you don't drink. Try anything deep-fried with their heartier beers and you might change your mind; the onion rings are especially compatible with their brews.
                      I had no quibble with the food, even though I doubt folks go to a fancy bar for the food anyway. It was their service and general operations that annoyed me. The service was slow and half-hearted, the servers were largely a bunch of chest-thumping young men that were practically roughousing in the kitchen when they weren't joking, yelling, and singing within earshot of the whole dining room, the tableware was dirty, they refill their ketchup bottles (and don't even bother to clean off the dried, black gunk under the cap), and three flies were near-death and flopping around on our window table.

I'm sure at night, when everyone's slightly toasted and the lights are down, all these sins magically vanish. It's the dirty secret of any bar. But the place was practically empty for lunch, and I think there's a very good reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                        I wouldn't knock that. Sauerkraut makes everything taste better, and this is really close to one of my own creations: kim chee pizza. Try it. Use the thick, white parts of the won bok.
                        I never thought of that. Sounds good...I'll have to get some Noh's kimchee spice.
                        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Was in the mood for turkey or ham sandwiches but all they had was egg salad sandwiches, so had the $4 bento and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Costco trip for some polish saugases and a Diet Coke.

Comment

Cheeseburger and a salad at The Shack in Kailua.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well, lunch was candy. Japanese milk caramels from Hokkaido that a classmate brought for us all to try, to be exact.

1) Genghis Khan flavored. As in lamb meat dish flavored. I was told this is given to visitors in Hokkaido a lot, along with the next caramel. Least liked out of all that I tried but it's not so disgusting that I'd puke it up. You wouldn't really want to have more than one at a time, though. It's just so odd, lamb flavor comes in strong and then it tastes a little sweeter/milkier after...

2) Sapporo Draft Beer flavored. My first taste of beer is a milk caramel, hurrah Didn't taste that bad. Better than Genghis Khan..

3) Potato flavored. Interesting. Did taste like roasted potatoes perhaps. Goes well with...

4) Corn flavored. Tastes freakishly just like sweet corn...liked it!

Lastly...

5) Hasukappu flavored. Basically a blueberry-ish wild berry flavor, and definitely the best one, nice taste to it.

Fun day in class, all in all! Surprisingly the little caramels filled me up.
                                myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Working...
                                X