Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good catering place for mother's day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good catering place for mother's day?

I want to show my Mom (and other women in the family) how much I appreciate what they do for me and the family by throwing them a Mother's day lunch or dinner (depends on how big this will get and my budget). So,I need a list of places that will cater on a Sunday that has a mixture of vegetarian and local foods for a reasonable price. Realistically, I'm hoping to serve 20-30 people at mealtime.

Other mother's day treats and ideas would be welcome!
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What's a good catering place for mother's day?

Good grief, Adrian...can I be your calabash mom?! You never cease to amaze me with the love you have for your family and the various ways you express it.

Do you need the food delivered? If not, what about Zippy's take out? I'm keeping your wallet in mind with that suggestion! Another idea is food from Costco. I attended a party for approx. 50 people last night and all of the food (pupus, not dinner) was from Costco. Even so, Costco has vegetarian lasagna, fresh fruit and veggie platters...lots and lotsa good stuff. Non veggie items like the Kirkland meatballs, chicken wings (and on and on!) are great.

Anyway...I'm sure you'll receive a lot of good suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
      Good grief, Adrian...can I be your calabash mom?! You never cease to amaze me with the love you have for your family and the various ways you express it.

Do you need the food delivered? If not, what about Zippy's take out? I'm keeping your wallet in mind with that suggestion! Another idea is food from Costco. I attended a party for approx. 50 people last night and all of the food (pupus, not dinner) was from Costco. Even so, Costco has vegetarian lasagna, fresh fruit and veggie platters...lots and lotsa good stuff. Non veggie items like the Kirkland meatballs, chicken wings (and on and on!) are great.

Anyway...I'm sure you'll receive a lot of good suggestions.
      My cousin works at Zippy's, so maybe I'll ask him for a discount

But if I can get other people to help to bring the food home, then that'll help with the transportation cost.

I just want a listing of places that are open on Mother's day and that serves a ride range of food. So far, we've been getting our party food from L&L and some chinese place, so I want to try and avoid them unless I don't come up with a menu by the week of the big day.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Adrain, I've used Marian Island Wide Catering over the years. They have a wide assortment of food to choose from their Menu. From a small Party to a Big Luau. They also deliver.

Marians Island Wide Catering 621 6758
        79 Mango Place
        Wahiawa, Hawaii

Auntie Alyn
        Last edited by 1stwahine; April 23, 2006, 02:20 PM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
        X