Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P.F. Chang's China Bistro

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    I would wager that Hawai`i has many, many more, and better ones still.
    Tried PF Chang's on the mainland before...decent food, but IMHO, yes, you'll find better Chinese Food elsewhere in town.

Comment

I'll try their food some day. But all the Chinese folks on the mainland, that I talked to, ridicule this place to no end.

I guess I'll have to expect modified Chinese dishes.

Comment

Tried the place tonight. The food is okay and the service is good. I just think this place just adds another choice after seeing a movie.

What's really strange is that a group of people who was sitting next to me made mention of The Cheesecake Factory.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
          What's really strange is that a group of people who was sitting next to me made mention of The Cheesecake Factory.
          That doesn't surprise me at all.

Comment

The quote below is from the thread Dining Out, What Are Your Peeves?

Originally posted by pzarquon
            I've mentioned before "getting forked." I'm a local Japanese guy, my wife's a sweet haole from Florida, and when we'd go to some Asian restaurants, they'd set the tableware without asking -- chopsticks for me, fork for her. And the real kicker is, I prefer eating with a fork, and her, chopsticks. We found it more funny than anything, and always enjoyed switching them while they were at the table.
            I should have mentioned this before but when they setup the tableware, there is a cloth napkin, inside of it are a pair of chopsticks, fork, knife and spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by i-hungry View Post
              I'll try their food some day. But all the Chinese folks on the mainland, that I talked to, ridicule this place to no end.

I guess I'll have to expect modified Chinese dishes.
              That is pretty accurate. My wife is from Taiwan and I have been living here in Taipei now for about 10 years and before that I lived in Hong Kong and Bangkok. When I was back home in Rockville, MD not too long ago, my wife and I took my grandparents there to eat. Cool atmosphere for drinks or something, but the food was not really Chinese food. It was not unedible, but it wasn't Chinese. It was something made up for Americans. Its worth a try. I might go back one more time to try to find something they do well there. If you really like Chinese food, come to Taiwan or Hong Kong or China for the real deal, or in Honolulu, ask someone who has lived for many years in Taiwan or China or Singapore to recommend a place to get the real deal.
              Last edited by Hobart; September 30, 2006, 08:11 PM.

Comment

We have them here in Portland, OR... the appetizers are OK, wasn't too into the texture of their rice. Ordered the Moo Goo Gai Pan and that just set me over the edge. Blech.
                QUAD Magazine - Urban music in Hawaii.

Comment

Working...
                X