Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Ice Cream or flavor(s)?

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
    B and J's has a pineapple/passion fruit sorbet that I've been wanting to try, but I've not seen it for it sale around here as of yet...it's called Carribean (something)...maybe I'll have better luck finding it in Honolulu in a few weeks.
    I saw a B&J pineapple/passionfruit sorbet called, "Jamaican Me Crazy," tonight at Star Market and I thought of ya.

It was between that and the American Pie...I picked American Pie...and I ate the whole pint in one sitting my rear end grew 3 inches. I thought the crust pieces would be soggy, but nuh uh - that ice cream is godly insane $$$.

Comment

Pololi au!

I think my favorite would have to be chocolate chip cookie dough if I had to choose one. I also like vanilla, chocolate, moose tracks, mint chocolate chip, and forbidden chocolate explosion! Mmmmmmmm! Heard of it?

E kala mai, but since I don't live in Hawai`i Nei, what is Roselani's haupia ice cream? Sounds ono but I need a description of it.
      'Alika

Comment

My first job at 15 1/2 was at Barricinni's Ice Cream and Candy (Rivergate Mall, near Nashville, TN). The stock was shipped to us from NY and there wasn't ANYTHING that wasn't good... We were allowed to eat as much ice cream as we wanted and to sample whatever candy we wanted (under the heading "know what you're selling" ? lol). For someone who loved sweets anyway it was awesome, luckily I was raised right and am no glutton so I didn't run amok, also was active enough that my weight remained constant. My typical lunch/supper at work was a dip of maple nut and a dip of pistachio ice creams.

My favorites now are the eternal Jamoca Almond Fudge, the decadent Pralines and Cream, and pretty much ANY of the Ben & Jerry's. Breyers Vanilla Bean is excellent for calming down and resetting the palate. Sometimes ya just gotta have simple.
        Speak to me in quiet ways, of moonlit nights and halcyon days~

Comment

Yesterday we ate this canadian brand.. I forgot what it was called.. but the ice cream was... Brownie Explosion.. and it was sinfully good.. yum..
          Ben n Jerrys is like super expensive here.. so we cudnt buy it

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
            Coconut, coconut, coconut! Right behind it is chocolate Frappes! Mmmm!
            And where do you find coconut ice cream? The only place I ever found it was in Bandon Oregon adn they shut down!
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
              I just went out and bought some. It wasn't even on sale.

I think I'm in love.

I'm glad that you love it! I see Kelly0040 likes it as well. I'm so mad that it's limited edition!

This happens with everything I love. *le sob*
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

If you all ever get a chance to eat at PF Chang's restaurant they have a dessert called 'spring rolls' which is essentially banana lumpia with coconut-pineapple ice cream. That ice cream is to die for! I promise you won't be disappointed. Save room and order some.

On the other hand, stay away from 'Skinny Cow' in your grocer's frozen section. Flat, flat, flat. Flatter than my singing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                  I saw a B&J pineapple/passionfruit sorbet called, "Jamaican Me Crazy," tonight at Star Market and I thought of ya.
                  Thank you, Kelly, for the correction. Here in the relative womb of B and J country, (Vermont isn't all that far from here), I cannot find the "Jamaican Me Crazy" sorbet. It is not to be had in any supermarket I've went looking for it. I will most definitely try some of it when I'm in Honolulu on Dec. 1.

You know, the apple pie ice cream by B and J's was the subject of one of the questions in Scrivener's latest edition of his trivia game. I think he is a big fan of it as well. All told, I've heard nothing but raves concerning it...evidently, it is a big hit. I CAN find the apple pie ice cream here.

Also of note, B and J's has begun marketing little bottles of milkshakes, similar to the Starbucks Frappachinos one can find in 7-11s and other similar stores. The flavors I've seen to date are: Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Cherry Garcia, and Chunky Monkey. I haven't tried one, nor do I intend to, but those I know who've tried them, generally given them decent ratings

Comment

Originally posted by nfl4evah View Post
                    If you all ever get a chance to eat at PF Chang's restaurant they have a dessert called 'spring rolls' which is essentially banana lumpia with coconut-pineapple ice cream. That ice cream is to die for! I promise you won't be disappointed. Save room and order some.

On the other hand, stay away from 'Skinny Cow' in your grocer's frozen section. Flat, flat, flat. Flatter than my singing.

And where is this hale 'aina?
                    'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                      And where is this hale 'aina?

PF Chang's is located at the bottom level of the Hokua condominium, next to Starbuck's at Ala Moana Blvd & Auahi. It's valet parking, $3 + valet tip, so if you want to save $ find on-street parking nearby. There will be a second location opening at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center next to Cheesecake Factory soon.

Comment

Originally posted by nfl4evah View Post
                        PF Chang's is located at the bottom level of the Hokua condominium, next to Starbuck's at Ala Moana Blvd & Auahi. It's valet parking, $3 + valet tip, so if you want to save $ find on-street parking nearby. There will be a second location opening at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center next to Cheesecake Factory soon.

Mahalo nui loa! If I go to O'ahu I'll be sure to stop there and try it! Sounds ono!

BTW I think I asked you guys this, but if I haven't can someone give me a description of Roselani's haupia ice cream?
                        'Alika

Comment

Mahalo nui loa! If I go to O'ahu I'll be sure to stop there and try it! Sounds ono!
                          There is a P.F. Chang's not too far from you in Boston, at least there is according to their web site, which is www.pfchangs.com I don't know if this particular location has that "spring roll" ice cream dessert available, but it might be worth investigating into if you're really interested in trying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
                            There is a P.F. Chang's not too far from you in Boston, at least there is according to their web site, which is www.pfchangs.com I don't know if this particular location has that "spring roll" ice cream dessert available, but it might be worth investigating into if you're really interested in trying it.

Mahalo e ke kane! Aloha wau ia 'oe! 'A'ole, jk. hahaha
                            'Alika

Comment

Baskin-Robbins' GOLD MEDAL RIBBON... yum.

Anyone try the Ben and Jerry's ice cream cones? I saw some in the cold case at 7-Eleven the other day.

Comment

BTW I think I asked you guys this, but if I haven't can someone give me a description of Roselani's haupia ice cream?
                                Roselani's Haupia Ice Cream is made out of coconut. It is so yummy and ono!
                                Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
                                X