Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanksgiving 2006

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    I plan on making this Chocolate Haupia pie for my family dinner( I have to bring dessert).

Chocolate Haupia Pie
    1 9-inch prepared pie crust
    7 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
    1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
    1/4 cup sugar
    Shaved chocolate, for garnish
    >> Haupia:
    1 can coconut milk
    1 cup milk
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup cornstarch
    1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake crust until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, make haupia: Whisk coconut milk, milk and sugar together in a small saucepan. In a separate bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Bring coconut milk mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and whisk in cornstarch mixture, whisking until thickened.

Microwave chocolate pieces on high 1 minute; stir to melt completely. Pour half the haupia into a bowl. Mix remaining haupia with melted chocolate and pour over the bottom of the baked pie crust. Layer white haupia over the top. Cool pie at least 1 hour in refrigerator.

Whip cream with 1/4 cup sugar until still peaks form. Garnish pie with whipped cream and shaved chocolate. Chill another hour. Serves 6 to 8.

Nutritional information unavailable.

Thanks! I'll be over on Thursday!!!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Alohabear, you can do all that cooking, or simply go to the store and buy a (supah ono) Chocolate Haupia Pie from Ted's Bakery. Or do they even sell them up in Keaau?

I hope I can find a Ted's Pumpkin Haupia Pie today or tomorrow (crosses fingers).

PZ, make sure you brine it. (broken record).. brine it. brine it. brine it. brine it.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Alohabear, you can do all that cooking, or simply go to the store and buy a (supah ono) Chocolate Haupia Pie from Ted's Bakery. Or do they even sell them up in Keaau?

I hope I can find a Ted's Pumpkin Haupia Pie today or tomorrow (crosses fingers).

PZ, make sure you brine it. (broken record).. brine it. brine it. brine it. brine it.

Das why Alohabear's gotta make em. And PZ don't brine your Chocolate Haupia Pie okay...not going taste too good!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Oahu's people can find anything...so lucky! We on the neighbor islands gotta make our own.
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

We're going out for Chinese food tomorrow! Yay! But in the morning I'll make turkey hash with poached eggs and right now I'm baking a pumpkin pie that, when cooled, will also get a layer of haupia on top. If I had been lazier, I would have just bought a pumpkin pie and made haupia to put on top, but since I'm not cooking a bird tomorrow--although I am making kalua turkey for this weekend--I figured I'd better make something from scratch!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Mahalo, Sharon Black!

Mahalo Sharon and all the volunteers and companies that are helping make tomorrow a special day for all of Oahu's hungry people!

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Mahalo, Sharon Black!

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                Mahalo Sharon and all the volunteers and companies that are helping make tomorrow a special day for all of Oahu's hungry people!

Miulang
                Tita Miulang, Unlike the masses who celebrate tomorrow, Kaukau Wagon will be serving Thanksgiving Dinner to our friends on Saturday, Nov. 25th.

On behalf of Sharon, The Kaukau Wagon Crew and our Friends....we thank you!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Pres. Bush extending an official pardon to "Flyer" the National Turkey. He and his buddy "Fryer" are headed for a life of luxury, beginning with being the Grand Marshal at the Thanksgiving Day parade at Disneyland!

Love his last comment on the clip to an audience that included a bunch of Girls Scouts: "Ever seen a turkey before? Pretty exciting, isn't it?" Um, yeah, and he stands a little over 6 ft tall and has a Texas drawl...

Miulang
                  Last edited by Miulang; November 22, 2006, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Arlo Guthrie has a MySpace page, and he's posted an updated video of Alice's Restaurant. It's not 25 minutes long in this version, it's only 18. But if ever there were a Thanksgiving musical tradition besides "Over the meadow and through the woods," this is it.
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
                      Arlo Guthrie has a MySpace page, and he's posted an updated video of Alice's Restaurant. It's not 25 minutes long in this version, it's only 18. But if ever there were a Thanksgiving musical tradition besides "Over the meadow and through the woods," this is it.
                      This is true. I don't think Thanksgiving would be Thanksgiving if I didn't torment my kids with this wacky song! Just roll up and down the dial. I think on this particular day, this song is always on somewhere!

And here is a photo of my turkey once it was out of the imu this morning. It was quite heavenly to unwrap this particular present today!
                      Last edited by lavagal; January 15, 2008, 02:06 PM.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving 2006 Everybody!

MAMA and I will be going to our Ohana's annual Thanksgiving's Lunch in Waipahuuuuu!

Den we're off to my daughter, Christy's and son-in-law's first Thanksgiving Dinner @ their New Hale in Ewa Beach!

Yiiipeeeeeeee!

Have a Great Day!

Gobble Gobble!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, GANG!!.
                          Aches & Pains
                          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Happy kalua pig day everyone...

Wait...what's today?

Comment

Happy Goosfraba to those who are doing HT time and cannot be here today....

I'd drink a beer with any of you guys.

You rat b@stards.
                              You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
                                Happy Goosfraba to those who are doing HT time and cannot be here today....

I'd drink a beer with any of you guys.

You rat b@stards.
                                hahahahaha

I don't drink Beer.

I'll have a shot of Crown Royal with ya!

Cyber Salute Sir!

Happy Thanksgiving 2006!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X