Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap and Ono local/ethnic eateries on Oahu ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap and Ono local/ethnic eateries on Oahu ...

I went to Zippy's the other day, what's up with a $7-something Zip Pac. Lose money!

So where are all the other cheap and ono local eateries? I'll go first. Bangkok Chef on Nuuanu Ave. $4.75 for most of the plate lunches, and nothing over $6.95. Good-size portions and ono-licious if you like Thai.

Re: Cheap and Ono local/ethnic eateries on Oahu ...

I thought we covered this before but I can't seem to find it.

Anyways, I frequent many.

In my area:

1. Linhs Restaurant on N. King Street across Alpha Video Store.

2. BBQ Hut (same Building)

3. Uptown Cafe on N. School Street

4. Janes Fountain on Liliha Street

5. New Diners Drive Inn

6. Violet's Grill in The Kapalama Shopping Center

7. Kenney's in The Kalihi Shopping Center

8. Likelike Drive Inn on Keeamoku Street

9. Uptown Restaurant near The Chinese Cultural Plaza

10. Remington College Building ~ Get plenty Restaurants!

11. Liberty Grill on Union Mall

12. Liliha Bakery

13. Pancake House

14. Koa Pancake House

15. Mitsuba on School Street

16. Gulick Delicatessen

17. Masu's on Liliha Street

18. Mini Garden in Chinatown

19. Han Yang

20. Helena's Hawaiian Foods

21. Hi-way Inn Hawaiian Foods

22. People's Cafe Hawaiian Foods

23. Mabuhay Cafe River Street

24. New Cafe Dalisay Maunakea Street

25. Maunakea Market Place ~ Ukapila Ethnic Foods

I tired. I did all the above from memory.

Dang! Das wea all my money goes ~ FOOD! hahahaha

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; November 9, 2006, 05:44 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Boots and Kimo in Kailua. Killer macadamia nut pancakes. The place is a hole in the wall with at least a 1/2 hour wait to be seated on the weekends. People sit outside on the sidewalk waiting to get in. It's that good.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
        Boots and Kimo in Kailua. Killer macadamia nut pancakes. The place is a hole in the wall with at least a 1/2 hour wait to be seated on the weekends. People sit outside on the sidewalk waiting to get in. It's that good.
        808...I'm staying in Kailua in a few weeks. You live there...give me the skinny on all the good grinds and coffee places. Someone mentioned Morning Brew. I checked out their site...looks like a cool place.

I ate at a Mexican place that was good when I was there last time. Right Across from that Starbucks, by Macy's.
        I forget what it was called, but the food was good.
        There's a taco and a burger place in that strip mall too.

What else ?
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
          808...I'm staying in Kailua in a few weeks. You live there...give me the skinny on all the good grinds and coffee places. Someone mentioned Morning Brew. I checked out their site...looks like a cool place.

I ate at a Mexican place that was good when I was there last time. Right Across from that Starbucks, by Macy's.
          I forget what it was called, but the food was good.
          There's a taco and a burger place in that strip mall too.

What else ?
          I'm really a townie - Kailua transplant. Been living here for a few years but I'm a creature of habit. Same old same old, over and over again.

The taco joint is Maui Tacos. The best thing about the place is the fresh pineapple salsa for me. It's a great fast food option. If you've got the cash, they are franchising the place on the mainland. Google "No Lava". Probably one of my favorite fast food places in Kailua.

The other place I love is Teddy Burger right next door. The burger and onion rings are killer.

Other than that, I've gone to the Thai restaurant across the street. Most dishes are pretty good. I liked the sweet sour fish dish, the spring rolls, satay chicken stick thingys, the thai curry fried chicken. There are probably a few other dishes I liked too but can't recall off hand. There is another Thai restaurant on the other side of Kailua town near the McDonalds and the big part. Can't remember the name. Both were pretty good.

In Keolu shopping center the Food Company plate lunch place always has higher end plate lunches. There is also a Korean place with a big fish tank in it. The food is good and the owner lady is really nice. She used to have this big wheel of fortune that the kids could spin for free and win prizes. Sheer genius marketing.

As for coffee, I am boring, Venti Americano from Starbucks everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
            I'm really a townie - Kailua transplant. Been living here for a few years but I'm a creature of habit. Same old same old, over and over again.

The taco joint is Maui Tacos. The best thing about the place is the fresh pineapple salsa for me. It's a great fast food option. If you've got the cash, they are franchising the place on the mainland. Google "No Lava". Probably one of my favorite fast food places in Kailua.

The other place I love is Teddy Burger right next door. The burger and onion rings are killer.

Other than that, I've gone to the Thai restaurant across the street. Most dishes are pretty good. I liked the sweet sour fish dish, the spring rolls, satay chicken stick thingys, the thai curry fried chicken. There are probably a few other dishes I liked too but can't recall off hand. There is another Thai restaurant on the other side of Kailua town near the McDonalds and the big part. Can't remember the name. Both were pretty good.

In Keolu shopping center the Food Company plate lunch place always has higher end plate lunches. There is also a Korean place with a big fish tank in it. The food is good and the owner lady is really nice. She used to have this big wheel of fortune that the kids could spin for free and win prizes. Sheer genius marketing.

As for coffee, I am boring, Venti Americano from Starbucks everytime.
            Ice Triple shot espresso. I do the Americano when I want HOT coffee. We were in that Starbucks alot.

Thax for the tips...I hear alot about Teddy Burgers.
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
            X