X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 10

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Now, you needed that to show to Plaintiff's attorneys years ago. Woulda resolved everything, right?
    Nah, divorce attorneys don't resolve anything fast. Billable hours, ya know.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Since the weather in Seattle took a brief turn for the better, we closed the office (it's been a harsh week, what with yet another change in 'management structure') and went to have fish on the waterfront. Halibut for me; halibut, cod or salmon for others.

Then a couple pitchers of beer - one IPA, one Porter. Then it was time to haul our collective okole back up the hill to the office once again. Little "real" work got done after that.

Comment

Went to Bob's Pizza after a couple of hours at the beach. I had me the 1/2 white pizza. Yooowwzaa! Wife had the bacon burger on chiabatta bread. Said it was better than Kua Aina. More homemade tasting. Mel had the keiki pepperoni pizza without the pepperoni. The cooks forgot. Aside from that, service was great and the head waitress asked Mel what she should do about the missing pepperoni. Mel said to just bring her what was supposed to come with it. They gave her extra and Mel was in heaven. Stopped off at that nearby ice cream place after lunch and had some homemade mint chocolate chip, cappucino and kona coffee flavors. Pretty darn good stuff.

Comment

A couple of sandwiches from the HCC Cafeteria and a bottle of Mountain Dew from a nearby vending machine.

Comment

turkey, green apple, sliced brie, field greens, basil aioli, all on thick cut wheatberry bread. Big ol Green tea.
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

Blackened ahi, sweet wasabi sauce, brown rice, tossed salad with balsamic dressing. Pu'uwainani's Lunch Wagon at Haulekauwila & South. Bottle of water. mmmmm. Healthy!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Crunchy taco, soft taco, and a bean burrito.
                mmmmm, NOT healthy!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Cajun Chicken Fettucine from Ryan's Grill (last night's leftovers) and 2 bottles of water.
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Wednesday? Bento on a plate at Sam Choy's:

Yesterday? Shoyu chicken from Korean B.B.Q. Corner in Iwilei (and this is the mini portion, folks):

Today? Hawaiian plate from Nico's at Pier 38:

I better eat nothing but salads this weekend.

Comment

Leftover fried rice from breakfast, leftover Foodland fried chicken and leftover ham. Ho da salt!

Comment

Yesterday - 60th birthday party for our halau's guitarist - and he likes pie. So, a buncha pupus first (as well as some ono kalua pig from a Hawaiian restaurant in Duvall, WA) - then DESSERTS to da max!

AF used Miulang's recipe for Okinawan sweet potato pie with haupia topping; a lot of "what IS that?" reactions, followed by "really? I gotta try that," and eventually "oh, that is wonderful!" (including a professional pastry chef who is the birthday boy's SIL.)

Comment

Pint of chow fun and pork hash from Kwong On. I saw the lup cheong manapua and immediately started craving it so I decided to get that too.
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Yesterday - 60th birthday party for our halau's guitarist - and he likes pie. So, a buncha pupus first (as well as some ono kalua pig from a Hawaiian restaurant in Duvall, WA) - then DESSERTS to da max!

AF used Miulang's recipe for Okinawan sweet potato pie with haupia topping; a lot of "what IS that?" reactions, followed by "really? I gotta try that," and eventually "oh, that is wonderful!" (including a professional pastry chef who is the birthday boy's SIL.)
                            Oooohh...kalua from Lei's? (Did you get the mac salad, too?)

I'm glad your friends liked the sweet potato pie...for all its "purpleness", it is rather startling when you first look at it. Another local expat friend made a pie from my recipe too and took it to a potluck in Oregon. She said none of the people there wanted to get near it (must've been the intense purple color of the filling). Or as Moki said, "too bad for them...more pie for me!"

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              Oooohh...kalua from Lei's? (Did you get the mac salad, too?)
                              Nah, Benny & Tonya just brought the kp and a fruit salad - but NO complaints! We got Benny to play guitar and sing, before the day was done.

Comment

Steak dog with mild garlic sauce and a can of Diet Coke from that hot dog vendor at CompUSA.

Comment

Working...
                                X