This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 10

My colleague and I had some Italian food today. After our appointment, we couldn't refuse the aroma of the rich garlic and pasta sauce oozing out of the restaurant next door to our client. We both had their cheese ravioli with meat sauce. It was very good.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Sounds like the new job is keeping ya hopping!
      My goodness girlfriend! I'm already putting in some hours before my official start date! I see lunch in our future soon! You, me, Lynn, and any other HT folks who might want to jump in...at their own RISK!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

After going to the new Astronomy exhibit in manoa, we went over to Waioli Tea Room hoping to have some cream tea. We found out we were supposed to have called a day ahead. Oh well, I ordered the half corned beef sangwich and a cup of the cream turkey rice soup with the house iced tea. Mmmmm! We're hoping to try the tea thang maybe next Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
          After going to the new Astronomy exhibit in manoa, we went over to Waioli Tea Room hoping to have some cream tea. We found out we were supposed to have called a day ahead. Oh well, I ordered the half corned beef sangwich and a cup of the cream turkey rice soup with the house iced tea. Mmmmm! We're hoping to try the tea thang maybe next Sunday.
          Are you sure you ono for teeny little watercress sandwiches?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
            Are you sure you ono for teeny little watercress sandwiches?

Miulang
            Oh Miulang, das wai it's "cream tea". They actually serve a real Devonshire cream with their homemade scones. To die for. I can deal with them finger veggie things so long as I have my clotted cream and fresh preserves for my scones. Oooohoohooooo!

Comment

Chicken salad sandwich and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Today?....nutting worth mentioning.

Comment

On honor of Cinco de Mayo, we had pupusa chicharrones, revueltas and pollo asado at a Salvadorean restaurant called Mi Chalatan. They also served a really tasty cole slaw (kinda spicy) as a side.

Tonight, also in honor of Cinco de Mayo: turkey quesadillas with queso quesadilla!

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

In honor of my MAMA coming home today, I ordered Watercress Soup, and Special Lunch Plate with Fried Rice from Liliha Seafood Restaurant!

It's great to have her home!

Mahalo for all your prayers, pules and well thoughts.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Chicken Cup of Noodles, a couple of Tiger's Milk bars and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

From Rosarina on Maunakea Street, brought back to the office:
                        1 mini combo pizza
                        1 small antipasta

hot tea in a little while.

I like being downtown, but I will have to start packing lunch. The only thing losing bulk is my wallet!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

leftovers. i had some cedar plank left over from making a cedar plank steak so i tried soaking it in wine and water (not enough wine) for a day or 2, marinated some chicken thighs in garlic, shoyu, dill, S&P and smoked it in my bbq for 3 hours.
                          im not happy with how it turned out. its like hulihuli chicken, smells great but tastes like plain old bbq chicken, after all that prep =p
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Baked chicken, fried rice, carrots and a bottle of water.

Comment

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!

Had real food after the last 5 months on a strict diet!

Panda Cuisine's Dim Sum is out of this world! Awesome lunch and a new place for me to go to when I am in Honolulu! Talk about shocking the taste buds!

I am a happy man once again! Thank you people of Hawaii Threads for keeping me entertained and focused with your discussions here while on my diet. The food discussions truly kept me going and gave me hope!

Now that I am officially a true eater of fine foods once again, I can actually write about current experiences in dining!

Mahalo folks and continue on!
                              Layne
                              Last edited by Hilo Artist; May 21, 2007, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Pork adobo, brown rice, mixed veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

Working...
                                X