This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 10

A small serving of nachos, with chili and cheese, sold to me by the student senate as a fundraiser. I really didn't need those. Two bottles of water, which I did need.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

water and about 1/4 pound of homemade beef jerky.
      I wish Panda Cuisine was in Hilo

Comment

A couple of sandwiches and a Big Gulp of Diet Coke from 7-11.

Comment

2 McChickens and an xl Coke.

just $3.01, cuzzzz!
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Call me a little nuts ,but I went back on my chicken breast & veggie diet today for lunch and will try my best to have this discipline during the week and will save the food binging for the weekends!

I hated it when I immediately gained 6 pounds back after my eating spree after my show last week... Well, I did eat everyting in sight and on that list I made. Biggest mistake was eating two Big Island crunch bars and chocolate doughnuts in one sitting and going through a major sugar rush that must have surged my insulin level! Chocolate is a drug!

Comment

Like Mike, I hit Mickey D's today. Really hungry, after no time for dinner last night and no breakfast this morning. Noticed for the first time that they have Nutrition Facts on the packaging for the individual items. I presume my iced tea with lemon (no sugar) had low calories, but the rest of it -- fries were 570 calories, Filet Of Fish sandwich was 380 calories, and the Quarter Pounder was 510 calories, for a not-so-grand total of 1,460 calories.
              Gotta clean up my act, fer sure.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Like Mike, I hit Mickey D's today. Really hungry, after no time for dinner last night and no breakfast this morning. Noticed for the first time that they have Nutrition Facts on the packaging for the individual items. I presume my iced tea with lemon (no sugar) had low calories, but the rest of it -- fries were 570 calories, Filet Of Fish sandwich was 380 calories, and the Quarter Pounder was 510 calories, for a not-so-grand total of 1,460 calories.
                Gotta clean up my act, fer sure.

1460 calories for a single meal, yikes! But I bet it tasted so good!

Now if your doing that 1400 for a single days intake you would be feeling like I have been all these past months, ,,, Starving!!!

Comment

Duck salad on frisee with fennel and bacon; seafood chowder, iced tea, portuguese bread pudding; my lunch mate had salad with seared ahi on top. If you have time for a leisurely lunch, and a bulging wallet, there's Cassis Honolulu. Tomorrow I'll go back to more pedestrian fare, perhaps Rosarina on Maunakea, and bring it back to the office. I felt quite self conscious about getting back to the office so late!
                  Last edited by lavagal; May 30, 2007, 06:15 PM. Reason: inserted a missing comma.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Rosarina Pizza on Maunakea takeout: small antipasto salad, small Rosarina Super Sub. White tea, hot.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

A Chef's Salad today, to make up for yesterday's McDonald's debacle.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        A Chef's Salad today, to make up for yesterday's McDonald's debacle.

Lika Nui
                        Good one!

As for myself, Took the day off from work to chaperone my middle daughters fishing excursion with her class. The wife packed a pretty low fat lunch of chicken breast with veggies wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. A few carrot sticks and a bottle of water rounded that out.

I'm looking forward to my oldest daughters Friday night Hula performace at KMC. The traditional Pot Luck at the end is major grines and so far from being low fat and low carb! LOL!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/luna_fine_art/524039465/

A picture from today's fishing excursion. The kids were stoked as our group caught the first fish and the most fish!

Comment

Polish sausage and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.

Comment

A couple of sandwiches and a Big Gulp of Diet Coke.

Comment

For momths I have been passing this lunch wagon called Mr. D's Ono Steaks. On the way to fill up my truck with diesel.

Mr. D's lives down the road from me here in Hilo and used to be a Shave Ice and snack truck but changed to selling steaks.

Since my wife and I were together for a rare lunch today, she decided that we finally try his food out. Boy was I happy that we did!

His steaks were soft and tasty! I had a Pork Tonino and it tasted like it was marinated in vinegar and topped off with course ground pepper. His teri steak is another winnaH!

If your in Hilo, Stop by Mr. D's he is also very fast at getting these plates out!

Comment

Furukaki salmon with wasabi aioli, brown rice and green beans; a bowl of clam chowder; tea. From the downtown Macy's Gazebo with the really tall and handsome chef.
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X