This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 10

Char siu chicken, fried rice, mac salad and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Beef curry bowl ($3.95) from the Kapiolani Coffee Shop's new location in City Square. The meat and vegetables were all at their appropriate level of tenderness and they threw in a free soda to boot (opening day special)!
      "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
        Beef curry bowl ($3.95) from the Kapiolani Coffee Shop's new location in City Square. The meat and vegetables were all at their appropriate level of tenderness and they threw in a free soda to boot (opening day special)!
        sheesh. for lunch, i had hospital cafeteria version of roast turkey, stuffing, and multi-colored steamed beans for nearly six bucks, plus the iced coffee i bought myself to replace the iced coffee i left in the car when you dropped me off at work this morning and you subsequently drank.

and all you brought me home was a kapiolani coffee shop menu.

oh wait. i better take back any complaint. you're on the couch, reading HT from your HTCP3600 and as soon as i say i'm ready, you're taking me out for late night drinks and pupu. if i'm not careful, all i'm gonna have is a barely cold bud light and jack in the box.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Took the family to Makino's in Mililani. What a mistake. They had less than one roll of each of 6 kinds of sushi, none of which was any good and were in a filthy open top refridgerator. The food line was always short on food and there were bunches of little black bugs flying around the salad/fruit bar and sushi. Boiled peanuts were starting to go south, as in slimy. Employees in the back talking on their phones cussing and swearing within earshot of customers. I complained once before, but this is the worst it's been. Looks like we won't be going there anymore.

Comment

Cheeseburgers and a bottle of Diet Coke Plus.

Comment

I went to Kenny's in Kalihi with MAMA. She ordered the Chicken Adobo. It came with two fried Lumpia's.

The Chicken Adobo was Horrors!!! I dunno wea dea got their recipe but I even asked the filipina waitress if she cooked her Chicken Adobo lil dat at home? She said "No Way!"heheheh The Lumpias were cooked in old oil. They were the ugliest Lumpias I've ever seen.

I ordered Fried Akule. It came with Rice, Miso Soup and Pickled Cabbage.
              Iced Tea
              $14.00

It was worth it.

Kenny's has always been a favorite restaurant for MAMA and me. However, now the prices are ridiculously HIGH!!! If I going pay dat kine $$$, moa betta I go eat wea I guaranteed the kaukau going be onolicious!

Just my opinion.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yesterday I visited a friend who works for the state, and had the furikake ahi from Simply Ono Lunchwagon on the grounds of the Frank F. Fasi Building. Mmm! Today, I'm meeting a couple of other friends at Coffee Line in Manoa (inside the Y across from UH). Never been there...

Comment

Fish Diningding. Consists of the following: Bangus(Milk fish), squash, pilipino beans, eggplant, slices of tomatos and onions in soup from Mabuhay Restaurant.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Steak, brown rice, mac salad and a can of soda.

Comment

Sandwich of Canadian bacon, salami, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, all toasted on garlic bread; salad; Dr. Pepper.
                      (45 minute exercise walk uphill to get to the restaurant first.)

Comment

Braised root vegetables with brown rice. (Carrots, parsnips, leeks, celery root, shallots and garbanzo beans carmelized in butter and brown sugar, then thrown in the oven with veg broth for an hour. Mmmmm.)

Comment

Diningding. I like the sound of that. Or at least, what I think is the sound of that.

Well, the lunch I was supposed to have with friends in Manoa got tabled when I found out, at 11:20 a.m., that there was an "all hands" staff meeting here at my office. One that was brewing for weeks. And one for which I was the only employee not to receive notice or an invitation. Sheesh.

At least lunch was provided for the meeting... Quizno's!

Comment

Paul,
                            When's the last time you went out for some ice cream? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*
                            "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

eric and i were ono for hawaiian food (all the stuff we've been reading 'bout helena's), so we rolled down the hill to ono hawaiian food. literally. well, cept we rolled in my car.

i didn't bother looking at the menu before ordering for us:

the combination lau lau - kalua pig, which came with lomi salmon, pipikaula, sweet maui onions, haupia and choice of poi or rice. we opted for poi and paid $0.50 more for the large. i asked for side order rice as well as an off-menu item, butterfish with stew gravy. in our thirties, we now rarely drink carbonated/sugary beverages, but decide to go old school and asked for diamond head strawberry soda and hawaiian sun passion orange juice. Tab came out to about $26--more than i remember paying in my high school and college days.

given that we were starving (this was a 4:00 p.m. lunch, and all we lazy slobs had for breakfast, which itself was at 1:00 pm., was toast with butter and jalapeno jelly), i ordered the right amount. the bounty of food was enough to keep us on the very edge between omigawd i'm stuffed to oooh, that was satisfying. and do i hafta say twas ono?
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Steak, mashed potatoes, corn, string beans and cup of Diet Coke.

Comment

Working...
                                X