anybody been to ginza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody been to ginza?

there's a relatively new japanese eatery in the space where bea's and then later kay's used to be on kapiolani, across from market city and next to a chevron. anyone eat there yet? i'm pretty sure it's called ginza, but i may be wrong. one eve as we drove by, we noticed them holding an elaborate grand opening ceremony, replete with what appeared to be a chanting buddhist monk standing at the ready to whack a gong. we're intrigued but fear gastronomic disappointment.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Re: anybody been to ginza?

I think you mean Gazen. I haven't been there, but here's a recent review by Nadine Kam of the Star-Bulletin http://starbulletin.com/2006/12/10/features/eater.html.

Comment

Re: anybody been to ginza?

ooooooh! thank you! that's exactly the restaurant i meant...i suppose passing by in a moving car, all i remembered was the g, n, a, and z in the name.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
      X