No announcement yet.

Could You Survive On Your Race's Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could You Survive On Your Race's Diet?

Since I'm hapa - and could draw from Japanese food (for half my meals) as well as German/Dutch, English, French for the other half of my meals, I'd say yes, I could survive on the diet(s) of my "race(s)."

I would, however, sorely miss Italian food, (big time) -- as well as Korean, Thai, Vietnamese ... I can't think of others but know they're out there.

Of course, unlike Keith H., I LOOOOOVESSS me some natto ... I've never met a tsukemono that I didn't like (OK, I'm not a takuan person, though), and I could eat ume every day ... musubi or not. Sansei has this killer umeboshi vinaigrette that I could practically drink by itself -- it used to be in squeeze bottles on all the tables when they served lunch at the old Restaurant Row location. Of course, DK's truffle-butter sauce, served with his lobster ravioli, is also something I could drink by itself. That sauce is one of the few food items that has caused my eyes to roll back into my head. Hiroshi's seared foie gras sushi is another ...hey! Foie gras (French), sushi (Japanese) -- I could totally eat that and stay within the boundaries of this thread! Oh Happy Day! (Now, who's buying? I know enough not to ask the Scotsman )
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Re: Could You Survive On Your Race's Diet?

this thread has made me realize that those of us who have more than two ethnicities in our blood are darned lucky if we had to survive only on our races' traditional foods.

it's also made me rather hungry.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
      X