Re: how do you eat your poptarts?

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    And toasted too?
    But of course.
    Slap you silly!
    Too late.
    Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
    I hear there's even people who like that Poi stuff....
    Poi-Tarts? We may be onto something here.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
      You lucky I like you tiki or you get one stink eye.

But yes indeed, different tastes.
      I knew that would get some attention...lucky I ducked for cover.....

Speakin of Stink Eye...how come there no emoticon for Stink Eye....

RYAN!!!...........
      Can we get a Stink Eye emoticon in here please ???

And some Poi while you're at it LeiKaina hungry.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        But of course.Too late.Poi-Tarts? We may be onto something here.
        Why not...McDonalds has Taro pie in Hawaii....

Comment

And some Poi while you're at it LeiKaina hungry.
          Mmmm poi, and while you're at it, some lau lau from Ono. Mahalo.
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Flaming Pop-Tarts Spark Georgia Suit
            Trisha Renaud
            Fulton County Daily Report
            11-04-2002

Joining other jurisdictions such as Washington Township in New Jersey and Springfield, Ohio, Fulton County, Ga., now has its own flaming Pop-Tarts suit.

Allstate Insurance Co., filing on behalf of an insured, Deanna Robinson, is suing the Kellogg Co., makers of numerous varieties of Pop-Tarts, claiming that the toaster treat was the proximate cause of a Nov. 13, 2000, house fire that caused $10,742.16 in property damage.

The short complaint says that Kellogg's "negligently manufactured flammable Pop-Tarts" that caused the damage. Allstate is also suing the toaster manufacturer, Hamilton Beach/Proctor-Silex Inc. Allstate v. Hamilton Beach, No. 02VS037164E (Fult. St. Aug. 16, 2002).

Fulton County's is not the first such suit. Last year, a New Jersey couple sued Kellogg's after a Pop-Tart left in a toaster set their house ablaze, according to press accounts.

Thomas Nangle of Ohio, who was sued for allegedly causing property damage to a home after his Pop-Tarts caught fire, countersued Kellogg's for the damages.

Miami Herald humor columnist Dave Barry made that case famous in a 1993 column. Barry wrote that he had long held a "keen scientific interest in combustible breakfast foods," and so decided to conduct his own Pop-Tart experiment under properly controlled conditions: His wife was not at home. He described "scary flames shooting up 20 to 30 inches out of both toaster slots," a dramatic moment akin to Manhattan Project atomic scientists in New Mexico who witnessed "the massive blast that erupted from their first crude experimental snack pastry."

Nangle's lawyer had told the press he might call Barry as a witness, but wound up settling the case. Kellogg's paid $2,400 in what the company said at the time was a nuisance settlement. The case spawned numerous humor Web sites.

One of Allstate's attorneys in the Fulton County case, Mike O. Crawford IV, an associate with Mary A. Miller & Associates, said he didn't have details on the local fire handy. But, he said, there is "some evidence suggesting that some of these Pop-Tarts or these toaster pastries have been flammable in the past," or more flammable than they should have been.

Kellogg's, in its answer, denies any liability and has asked the court to award it costs and attorney fees. The company is represented in the Fulton County case by James D. Meadows and Christopher S. Anulewicz of Atlanta's Meadows, Ichter & Bowers. Neither could be reached for comment. Kellogg's has maintained, according to press accounts, that Pop-Tarts are safe and don't cause fires.

http://www.davebarry.com/natterings_files/poptarts.htm
            http://www-personal.umich.edu/~gmbrown/tart/
            http://www.pmichaud.com/toast/
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DsU7CuluF4

For the record, I LOVE pop-tarts. Too bad my metabolism can't keep up with them.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
              Flaming Pop-Tarts Spark Georgia Suit
              Trisha Renaud
              Fulton County Daily Report
              11-04-2002

Joining other jurisdictions such as Washington Township in New Jersey and Springfield, Ohio, Fulton County, Ga., now has its own flaming Pop-Tarts suit.

Allstate Insurance Co., filing on behalf of an insured, Deanna Robinson, is suing the Kellogg Co., makers of numerous varieties of Pop-Tarts, claiming that the toaster treat was the proximate cause of a Nov. 13, 2000, house fire that caused $10,742.16 in property damage.

The short complaint says that Kellogg's "negligently manufactured flammable Pop-Tarts" that caused the damage. Allstate is also suing the toaster manufacturer, Hamilton Beach/Proctor-Silex Inc. Allstate v. Hamilton Beach, No. 02VS037164E (Fult. St. Aug. 16, 2002).

Fulton County's is not the first such suit. Last year, a New Jersey couple sued Kellogg's after a Pop-Tart left in a toaster set their house ablaze, according to press accounts.

Thomas Nangle of Ohio, who was sued for allegedly causing property damage to a home after his Pop-Tarts caught fire, countersued Kellogg's for the damages.

Miami Herald humor columnist Dave Barry made that case famous in a 1993 column. Barry wrote that he had long held a "keen scientific interest in combustible breakfast foods," and so decided to conduct his own Pop-Tart experiment under properly controlled conditions: His wife was not at home. He described "scary flames shooting up 20 to 30 inches out of both toaster slots," a dramatic moment akin to Manhattan Project atomic scientists in New Mexico who witnessed "the massive blast that erupted from their first crude experimental snack pastry."

Nangle's lawyer had told the press he might call Barry as a witness, but wound up settling the case. Kellogg's paid $2,400 in what the company said at the time was a nuisance settlement. The case spawned numerous humor Web sites.

One of Allstate's attorneys in the Fulton County case, Mike O. Crawford IV, an associate with Mary A. Miller & Associates, said he didn't have details on the local fire handy. But, he said, there is "some evidence suggesting that some of these Pop-Tarts or these toaster pastries have been flammable in the past," or more flammable than they should have been.

Kellogg's, in its answer, denies any liability and has asked the court to award it costs and attorney fees. The company is represented in the Fulton County case by James D. Meadows and Christopher S. Anulewicz of Atlanta's Meadows, Ichter & Bowers. Neither could be reached for comment. Kellogg's has maintained, according to press accounts, that Pop-Tarts are safe and don't cause fires.

http://www.davebarry.com/natterings_files/poptarts.htm
              http://www-personal.umich.edu/~gmbrown/tart/
              http://www.pmichaud.com/toast/
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DsU7CuluF4

For the record, I LOVE pop-tarts. Too bad my metabolism can't keep up with them.

Well..at least Poi isn't combustible....

Comment

Well when you add all the preservatives and imitation this and that, even poi could do some damage...heck you can't bring it on a plane so it's gotta be dangerous.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Oh! Yes it is! SOUR SOUR SOUR!!! Den wait foa a couple of hours...go to da lua den KABOOM!!!

But wuz ONOLICIOUS!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Oh! Yes it is! SOUR SOUR SOUR!!! Den wait foa a couple of hours...go to da lua den KABOOM!!!

But wuz ONOLICIOUS!

Auntie Lynn
                    OK, this thread is going down a dark path....

Comment

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
                      more flammable than they should have been.
                      My favorite part of the story.

Just HOW flammable should a Pop-Tart be?
                      And how was that acceptable level of flammability determined?

I guess there are still "fun" jobs to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        , along with some mystery jelly filling that, when heated, turns into "Tongue Napalm".
                        LOL too funny.

Toasted preferred but I go both ways Also, I only eat plain jane strawberry nothing else... frosted ugh me no likey.

Comment

Re: How do you eat your Pop Tarts?

Thought I'd revive the thread b/c I saw a Toaster Strudel commercial talking about how much kids prefer them to Pop Tarts. Any thoughts? I HATE Toaster Strudels, but love Pop Tarts. Anyone else have a preference?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I've heard that toasted poptarts can cause fairly bad burns if the goop inside drips on you.

Comment

Never ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The fudge and vanilla fillings are basically cake frosting.

Comment

Working...
                                X