X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Originally posted by nikki View Post
    I live on Maui. They are similar to 7-11.
    But the grinds are better at Minit Stop (except for the time when they had those tainted Spam musubi )

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I had lunch over my parent's house. My father said to me, "Beau, your mother and I usually have salad for lunch, would you like me to make you some?" Of course I said YES!...

Salad was fresh Manoa Lettuce with tako poke (probably leftover pupu that my father didn't finish the night before during cocktail hour! LOL) with a Vietnamese style dressing he'd made from scratch. Some look fun noodles with leftover guava wood smoked roasted chicken my father made in the Kamado. And some daikon and ogo pickled in a sanbaizu sauce that some friend had given to him. My father said, "Here Beau try some of this, I know how much you like Japanese Food." LOL...

Being a single guy, I always mavel at the wide variety of things my parents eat for lunch and dinner. Even tho I love to cook, I could never have such a large variety of food without a lot of wastage occuring (which is something I would find distasteful).

Comment

Prime Rib Peppercorn sandwich on wheat, from Quiznos. (And a glass of water.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

eric took me out for lunch, which was soki soup (sparerib soup) and bittermelon stir fry with pork, spam, eggs and tofu with rice. green tea. from sunrise cafe just off kapahulu ave, behind waioli shave ice.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Various small bag of chips and a can of Diet Pepsi (yeah, yeah raiding the vending machine).

Comment

I had lunch with P.K. and Antonio.

Guess where?

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

A jalapeno bagel, plain, with a bottle of water. Chased by about seven chicken nuggets, left over from a student's lunch.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  Chased by about seven chicken nuggets, left over from a student's lunch.
                  With their permission, I would hope. Unless you have evidence that they were your earlier bag-thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    With their permission, I would hope. Unless you have evidence that they were your earlier bag-thief.

I am not a food-scab at work. Some students have a prepared lunch delivered by a local service; the chicken nuggets were from an unclaimed lunch because several students were on an off-campus excursion.

Today's lunch: I vultured the faculty potluck. Didn't have anything to bring and would have been welcome anyway, but I had work to get done during our lunch break (conferences all day today and tomorrow, no classes), so I just picked at the carcasses when I was done. Good carcasses.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Ultimate Cheeseburger, Jumbo Jack and a really big cup of Diet Coke from Jack-in-the-Box.

Comment

16-inch Rosarina Super Sub, V-8. SO NOT PART OF THE DIET PLAN. Cheat day!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My boss and I walked over to the public elementary school to buy a school lunch for lunch today. Boy was I impressed! It consisted of shredded turkey meat in a rich brown gravy with a large scoop of white rice mixed with brown rice, several slices of fresh apple, a tossed salad, a whole wheat roll and chocolate milk all for $4.00.

Not only did it taste good, but I was amazed at how nutritionally balanced it was.

With the exception of one private school I attended, most school lunches that I remembered having, SUCKED!

Comment

Fried rice, black bean chicken and a cup of Mountain Dew from U Choice In.

Comment

Lunch? on a Saturday? didn't know such a beast even exists.

Had a late breakfast of granola cereal and a few cashews added, very few, and a bit of one-percent acidopholus milk. Gotta shop base so will grab something on the run if I'm out too late. However, now that I learned that two of my fav. Starbucks drinks are below 200 calories at 12oz. then I can just have one of those, and have happy feet while I shop, too.
                              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I made some tofu patties and pork cabbage. My husband ate leftover teri beef from last night's dinner. YUK.

Comment

Working...
                                X