X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Here's our photos:

And starring from left to right: SARI SARI, SHRIMP SARCIADO, and THELMA'S SPECIAL.

Approximately, 45 minutes after receiving our food.

And, exactly 5 minutes out of the driveway!

Auntie Lynn...to me, it's ono and I've only cared for homemade Filipino food not the restaurant taste.

ericcyn...umm, so because we ordered it, ate it all up and enjoyed it you don't respect us?
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

IP, the food looked swell, the empty plates looked sweller, but da keed, so cute! Congratumalations, li'dat!

Lunch for me was a cheeseburger in paradise (with a nod to all the Parrotheads). Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack In The Box, and an iced tea with lemon.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        Is it betta den Golden Coin?heheheh

Auntie Lynn
        Anything is better than Golden Coin. Cardboard...is better than Golden Coin!

I wish my boss told me before lunch that I was to help her rearrange boxes today. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the Mini Mochiko Chicken curry from Hokkaido Ramen.

I wore the wrong pants today.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          IP, the food looked swell, the empty plates looked sweller, but da keed, so cute! Congratumalations, li'dat!

Lunch for me was a cheeseburger in paradise (with a nod to all the Parrotheads). Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack In The Box, and an iced tea with lemon.
          Thanks Lika, he's cute but oh so hillarious too!
          ___
          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
            Auntie Lynn...to me, it's ono and I've only cared for homemade Filipino food not the restaurant taste.
            The next time I'm out dat way I go try. Your son is a cutie!

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
            So TRUE! The service is bad, the prices are high and the taste is so yuccky!

Auntie Lynn
            Last edited by 1stwahine; October 4, 2007, 02:08 PM.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
              wow! i'm jealous! if you guys manage to eat there without ordering "thelma's special" lechon kawali, you'll have my respect!
              Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
              Here's our photos:

And starring from left to right: SARI SARI, SHRIMP SARCIADO, and THELMA'S SPECIAL.

Approximately, 45 minutes after receiving our food.

And, exactly 5 minutes out of the driveway!

ericcyn...umm, so because we ordered it, ate it all up and enjoyed it you don't respect us?
              HAH!!! I KNEW IT!!! it's a rare one who can go to thelma's and NOT order the thelma's special and then demolish it, the way you guys did.

don't respect you? of course not! in fact, i am glad to know you are in the "lover-of-lechon-kawali" club. anyone who can go to thelma's and resist ordering the special then demolish it in the proper way you did must be from another planet and lacking human taste buds. or they're vegetarian/vegan, etc. (and there's nothing wrong with that--just means more meat in the world for me). but going to thelma's and not ordering it is rather like going to leonard's bakery and not order the malassadas--it's just WRONG!

of all the fili places to eat, i'd rank golden coin with max's of manila. in other words, i wouldn't mind if i never ate at either place again. not that they're bad, just that there are waaaay better places--thelma's among them. in kapolei, i like juleez, and in town, i like mabuhay on river street. my family used to go to jesse's a lot but rats from the river nearby are kinda hard to control and even tho the food there is quite good...i just can't get the rat thing out of my mind.

I wore the wrong pants today.
              i know that feeling all too well! hence my having just bought a couple of new pants in a size someone of my (lack of) stature probably shouldn't have a waist big enough to wear.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Cup of Chicken noodles, bag of chips and a bottle of Mountain Dew Livewire (or is that Livewire Mountain Dew).

Comment

of all the fili places to eat, i'd rank golden coin with max's of manila. in other words, i wouldn't mind if i never ate at either place again. not that they're bad, just that there are waaaay better places--thelma's among them. in kapolei, i like juleez, and in town, i like mabuhay on river street. my family used to go to jesse's a lot but rats from the river nearby are kinda hard to control and even tho the food there is quite good...i just can't get the rat thing out of my mind.
                  It's been a while since I've been into any Filipino restaurant, but does anyone know where I can get good fried silet (deep-fried pig intestines)? It doesn't have to be from a restaurant, but I've been craving it lately. Mmm..dip em in vinegar. YUM.

Mom suggested that San Nicolas place in Kalihi...but if anyone else can point me elsewhere, that'd be great. My tummy thanks you.
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

HAH!!! I KNEW IT!!! it's a rare one who can go to thelma's and NOT order the thelma's special and then demolish it, the way you guys did.

don't respect you? of course not! in fact, i am glad to know you are in the "lover-of-lechon-kawali" club. anyone who can go to thelma's and resist ordering the special then demolish it in the proper way you did must be from another planet and lacking human taste buds. or they're vegetarian/vegan, etc. (and there's nothing wrong with that--just means more meat in the world for me). but going to thelma's and not ordering it is rather like going to leonard's bakery and not order the malassadas--it's just WRONG!
                    Oh okay...admittedly a little lost for a bit, but I am A LOTTA full so the brain isn't so sharp...yet. It was NOE who introduced me to Thelma's and those three dishes, and now it's on our lists of "we haven't been too ? lately" which includes HIGHWAY INN!
                    ___
                    "Be god to each other."

Comment

of all the fili places to eat, i'd rank golden coin with max's of manila. in other words, i wouldn't mind if i never ate at either place again. not that they're bad, just that there are waaaay better places--thelma's among them.
                      Golden Coin is JUNK! Max's is only foa da name. Dey known foa their chicken. I make betta chicken.heheheh Prices are too high. Mabuhay or Cafe Dalisay is where I usually go. Mabuhay is more family oriented. Jesse's is good and the prices are reasonable. I didn't know about the rat problem.

Every Sunday, P.K. and I go to have lunch at Maunakea Market Place. There's several Pilipino Counters as well as other ethnic foods to choose from. From Kari Kari, Bangus Sinigang, Dinoguan, Pinacbet, and Bood Bood, Ginitan for desserts. They have it all.

Auntie Lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; October 4, 2007, 02:30 PM.

Comment

A friend took me to lunch at Cassis today, Chef Mavro's restaurant in Harbor Court, where Palomino used to be. The restaurant is nice, the food is pretty good (I had the cassoulet), but really, the only adjective that I came away with was, "Expensive!" Most lunch items were $20-$26, basically putting the cost of a midday meal into the "nice dinner" budget zone.

I'd eat those dishes for half the price, but the food quite simply isn't that good. At least I can now say I've been there.

Comment

Man. There aren't enough Os in GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSS to describe some of the food being discussed here. Yes, I'm ignorant, but not TOTALLY ignorant. I have eaten at some of the places mentioned recently, and...I confess that I'm just not open-minded enough to get into it.

I consider it a failing on my part. But also on an ENTIRE CULTURE'S part!
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It's been a while since I've been into any Filipino restaurant, but does anyone know where I can get good fried silet (deep-fried pig intestines)? It doesn't have to be from a restaurant, but I've been craving it lately. Mmm..dip em in vinegar. YUM.

Mom suggested that San Nicolas place in Kalihi...but if anyone else can point me elsewhere, that'd be great. My tummy thanks you.
                            Fried Silet!!! Masarap at Mabuhay!! Really Crisp and get bituka too.

Scriv, you gotta taste this dish. It's Chittlings!

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              Scriv, you gotta taste this dish. It's Chittlings!
                              I'm not eating those in English OR in Filipino.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                                I'm not eating those in English OR in Filipino.
                                It sounds Gross but it's soooo ONO! Just once. Close your eyes.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X