This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

from kaimuki big city: mamasan's monster meatloaf with marsala mushroom and roasted garlic gravy over spinach with garlic mashed; not-so-big chili (you can taste the beer! yum!) with everything and brown rice. i ordered the meatloaf and eric got the chili, but we switched plates a few times. dessert was the apple pie ala mode which includes bubbies vanilla ice cream. the apple pie isn't your typical apple pie. it's a very good apple pie filling accompanied with two big fluffs of phyllo dough. it's got ice cream and whipped cream as well as caramel sauce drizzles and a sprinkling of nuts. mmmm.

we're stuffed. but hey--dessert was free. you can have dessert free at least once a year, too, if you sign up for big city's monthly emails. they send you a coupon for free stuff every now and again, including a free dessert for your birthday.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Tuna Patty on a Kaiser Roll Bun.

Water

no laugh!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Salisbury steak, fried rice, cole slaw and egg rolls, washed down with a bottle of water.

Comment

Large bowl of raisin bran in ice-water (milk upsets my stomach), with sliced peaches.

Comment

Grilled Salmon with lemon wedge.

Brown Rice

Comment

Pastele and grandule rice tonite. Dis Auntie make some ono kine with plenty meat and olives and just da right flavor.
              I wen try da foodland pastele one time, "NO CAN". Lucky thing get Auntie -n- Uncles doing da real McCoy.
              Hard for find good pasteles on Maui
              bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Salisbury steak, fried rice, mac salad, cole slaw and a bottle of water.

Comment

We ate out tonight, caught the tail end of happy Hour at Shanghai Bistro.

AWESOME, as always! Pot stickers, Mayo Prawn, Wonton in chili sauce, and a few drinks.

have been cooking in lately so it was nice to get out, even if it was just downstairs.
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

eric and i shared an ala carte crazy burrito from torito's at market city, along with a 2004 avalon cali cab-sav.

one of the best things about eric is that he's great at wine-food pairings, partially proven by the fact that this wine tasted much better with dinner than when sipping it alone, after dinner.

hey, pomai, if you like cab-savs, try this one. it's got a bit of berry pie in it. no chocolately cake flavors to offend you.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Tomorrow is BEER DAY!!!

Also a one-meal day (just pick at the food all day long).

Gotta prep frozen steaks ready to grill by game time. Also have a salmon filet planned for grill over kiawe fire.
                      Last edited by woodman; October 11, 2007, 12:09 PM.

Comment

More bran & peaches tonight.

I made udon for everyone else, the fresh kind (sun noodle co.), but you have to buy the daishi separate. 1 1/2 packages daishi per 1 package of udon because the daishi is so light (cheap buggars).

Comment

Ribeye steak, mashed potatoes, corn, beans and a bottle of water from the Steak and Fish Company.

Comment

Toss Salad, Oxtail Soup, Rice, Custard Pie, & Iced Tea from Flamingos Kapiolani!

Dinner with Cran, DD and Lil Cran.

Cran ordered the grilled Butterfish my favorite.
                            DD ordered the Rib Steak and Lil Cran had the Spaghetti.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Beef, fried rice, mac salad from the Ala Moana Foodland Deli section.

Comment

1/2 teri-burgah with cheese, half a regular french fries, 1/2 scoop potato/macaroni salad, and a can of coke

from Shiro's (yum!)
                                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X