This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

I honestly wish I hasd something good to report, but no.

As a Chef, I stay away from all the foodie things here.

Tonight my dinner was, take out food from work and a few Ice cold "waters*"

and NOW i want dinner, and the closest thing is the Coffee house, but dangit, meh, oh never mind.................

*adult beverages
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
      I know. Just teasin'.

In fact, I did the Slim-Fast® diet for a few months once, which brought me pretty close to my high school weight. Shake for breakfast and lunch, and a "reasonable" dinner.

I'm still not convinced your Honey Garlic Chicken is considered "reasonable" though.
      Well... it was reasonably delicious!

PS - i did only eat about 1/3 of the chicken and 1/2 of both the french fries and crab puffs ... Is that more reasonable?
      I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

BBQ Chicken and a bottle water from L&L Hawaiian BBQ.

Comment

Leftovers from breakfast...
          the other half of an herb baked salmon filet and half a baked yam! If I eat dinner at breakfast I'm not hungry 'til 5p!
          (I'm not mentioning anything about the pineapple-peach dump cake I made yesterday!)

Comment

1 manapua
            New York Style Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
            water
            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Fried rice, burbon chicken with mushrooms and shimp vegtables from Kelly's Cajun Express and a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

Comment

my leftovers from lunch yesterday from Boulevard Saimin:

teriyaki beef tempura (1/2)
                mashed potatoes (1 scoop)
                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Black bean chicken, noodles, manapua and bottled water from U Choice In.

Comment

last night's dinner was from the chinese place near covenant book store/soup/sandwich and hale vietnam in kaimuki on 12th avenue whose name escapes me at the moment. shame on me, bcs it's one of those affordable, friendly neighborhood joints that rarely fails to serve up quick and yummy food for the price.

cold ginger chicken
                    beef with oyster sauce, choi sum, baby corn, water chestnuts
                    fried rice with salted fish and chicken

eric and i were starving so we almost cleaned it all up. i think only three sprigs/ fronds? stems? of choi sum and maybe one water chestnut and a bite of ginger chicken escaped being devoured.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Kilinahe's famous Meatloaf w/Bacon topper!

Works every time I need something.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

That Chinese place wouldn't be Duk Kee, would it? Never tried it, but its unappetizing name always amused me!
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Corn dog, spring rolls. cole slaw and a bottle of orange Gatorade.

Comment

I had a United Airlines Minimeal in a box that I didn't open. It contained a bag of Kettle Chips, wheat crackers, peppercorn parmesan cheese spread, hormel salami slices, mott's apple sauce and two Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies.

Comment

Chicken, cole slaw, corn and fruit punch from KFC.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                                last night's dinner was from the chinese place near covenant book store/soup/sandwich and hale vietnam in kaimuki on 12th avenue whose name escapes me at the moment. shame on me, bcs it's one of those affordable, friendly neighborhood joints that rarely fails to serve up quick and yummy food for the price.

cold ginger chicken
                                beef with oyster sauce, choi sum, baby corn, water chestnuts
                                fried rice with salted fish and chicken

eric and i were starving so we almost cleaned it all up. i think only three sprigs/ fronds? stems? of choi sum and maybe one water chestnut and a bite of ginger chicken escaped being devoured.
                                Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                                That Chinese place wouldn't be Duk Kee, would it? Never tried it, but its unappetizing name always amused me!
                                yes, that's it!

you know, hung won, just a few blocks away, has a less appetizing name. and the food's not much better, either.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X