Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Retirement Communities in Honolulu

Kani-lehua, thanks for your help!

I just enabled PM... at least, I think I did. Well, I'll see if I start to get messages.

Comment

I know a married couple and a widowed woman who live at Pohai Nani and love it. The couple live in one of the cottages and the woman lives in an apartment. There was quite a waiting list for the cottages, so when one became available, the couple immediately took it and THEN sold their home in Kailua.
      Are your family members still independent or are they in need of assistance?

Comment

i believe st. francis healthcare system is building a mixed retirement/assisted living community complex where families can live w/their elders. it's called the franciscan villas and will be in ewa, iirc. check stfrancishawaii.org.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

additionally, i believe 15 craigside has only 10 or so units left unsold out of ~100.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
            sharilyn: please check your private messages.

hawaii kai retirement community: holidaytouch.com or 396-0720
            alexander manor: ALEXANDERMANOR.COM or 526-1559
            I saw that too in, I believe, today's Advertiser. Went to their website as well. Interesting concept, but I do have one question (don't know if it can or should be answered, since the website does not address this), but my gut question was: how much does something like this cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
              but my gut question was: how much does something like this cost?
              Check out this 15Craigside site, about half way down in the Q&A there is some fee discussion. I think the info is already a year or so old, so the prices are probably higher now.

http://www.15craigside.org/faq/frequ...-question.html
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

One Kalakaua is another retirement community in town. I've had some patients that said that they enjoyed living there. They have everything from independent living apartments to assisted living to skilled nursing care. They have individual units that go up for sale periodically as well as some people that rent their units. In addition to the buy in or the rental amt., there is a maintenance fee for services.

http://1kalakaua.com/1k-Index.htm

Comment

Thank you, everyone. Well, now my in-laws are having second thoughts. I will continue to research, just for my info. I imagine this is a difficult decision for them, so we'll have to be patient.

Comment

Working...
                  X