Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another takeover of Iolani Palace

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    it’s really interesting how HT members on this board continue to convict Donald Alfred Love-Boltz before he’s had his day in court.
    That's true. He is innocent till proven guilty. Too bad there aren't any impartial witnesses to the incident, or a video camera.

I think he's losing in the court of public opinion because of what his group has done: forcing their way into the palace, damage property with sledge hammers and crowbars, and declaring one of their members king of Hawaii. Donald's claims of being drugged by the police doesn't help people's opinion of his state of mind...or that of the group which he is a part of.

To be honest, I first thought Donald was this bigger haole guy (ANDREW SHIMABUKU | The Honolulu Advertiser):

Perhaps most people made the same assumption too?

video footage of the 73-year-old show a frail, elderly retiree that hardly appears disposed to assaulting “oh-so-innocent” palace employees.
    Yeah. As in most conflicts, things tend to get exaggerated. "Ho! They went pick ALL da lychee! My tree stay bolo-head now!"

On the other hand, he may look frail in court because he's getting scolded, like a kid in front of their parents. On the day of the takeover he could have been pumped up with testosterone and adrenaline. Roaches look huge when they're alive, but when you whack'um, "Dang ting so small. Couldn't hurt one fly."
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
      TuNnL, it seems you are blaming the palace employee for being assaulted if I read this comment correctly.
      No, you read the comment incorrectly.

Firstly NO ONE deserves to be assaulted.
      I agree. What gave you that idea?

On top of that, I don't want to hear any collateral damage excuses from you.
      Collateral whaaaa? Not making excuses for anyone. But like myopicjoe said, Love-Boltz is innocent until proven guilty. We should be fair and not judge anyone until the facts come out.

even if someone filmed this incident and posted the assault on YouTube you'd still not believe it.
      That’s absurd! Where do you come up with these rediculous assumptions? If someone filmed the incident, there would be no huhu about it. Unfortunately, like myopicjoe says, we don’t even have video, much less film of the incident.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

TuNnl, lets rewind here. Below is a comment you made a few posts back. Take
        note of the part highlighted.

"73-year-old show a frail, elderly retiree that hardly appears disposed to assaulting “oh-so-innocent” palace employees"

In my opinion, you are blaming the palace employee for being assaulted ?
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

I’m not saying you are guilty of this, but it’s really interesting how HT members on this board continue to convict Donald Alfred Love-Boltz before he’s had his day in court.
          Which is exactly why I used the word "alleged."

Frankly, video footage of the 73-year-old show a frail, elderly retiree that hardly appears disposed to assaulting “oh-so-innocent” palace employees.
          But of course. If you're elderly, you must be incapable of committing a crime.

You would think his Army training would have disciplined the Iowa native not to engage in such a provocation.
          You can't be serious? Never been in Waikiki on a Friday or Saturday night when drunk GIs are out painting the town, huh? Such a sheltered life you must live.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
          X