Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

In response to this mornings article:

The Advertiser by Mary Vorsino
    High hopes and dashed dreams in Kalihi public housing areas
    http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...808180353/1001

"The problems at Mayor Wrights have decreased.

The "rapid response team" is dangerous to have. Residents will be called when a crisis occurs and be responsible to difuse the situtation? I think not. It puts them in danger...we have HPD. Anything can happen in seconds. It takes months of hard physical and mental training to be ready for whatever circumstance. And then sometimes it's not enough.

We are going through a major change. The bad aches are being taken out. For once, I see the difference at MWH. It takes time and for all of us to work together. Director Chad Taniguchi and his staff are to be commended. Also, Sen. Suzzane Oakland-Chun, Rep. Karl Rhoads, The Tenant Association, Joanna Chaves and Staff of MWH.

The ramblings of one resident who is known to grumble and make pilikia without finding solutions is not the way to resolve issues.

Just my humble opinion."

Love and ALOHA,

Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna
    Resident, Mayor Wright Housing
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Mayor Wrights Housing is my home.

I raised my children within her walls.

I've seen the worst and the best of MWH.

As the saying goes..."We've come a long way baby!"

The Advertiser is running a series about Public Housing written by Mary Vorsino. My personal feelings about Public Housing is well known. I was the one who was without Hot Water for thirty days. Yes, I remain very vocal as well as an advocate/lobbyist. My main concern is for the safety and betterment of my community.

Problems? Of course, we have problems. We've been fighting for change a long time. I made a choice several months ago, to bow down and be humble. It wasn't about me nor the other side. It was for the community.

We celebrated Ethnic Day last month. MWH was spic and span. Our Security
      Guards looked sharp in their brand new orange vests and white gloves. Our VIP Visitors included Mayor Mufi, Senator Gordon Trimble, Council Member Romy Cachola, Director Chad Taniguchi, and leaders of the community. We had booths and donated ethnic kaukau made by residents. Awesome entertainment. Pride at MWH!!!

Another meeting in October with Management is scheduled.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Lynn,
        I thought of you as I read the series. Quite extensive and an excellent effort on the paper's part to bring these challenges to light regarding Hawaii's public housing. The profile today of Chad Taniguchi should be encouraging to those who live in the nearly 190 public housing developments across the state.
        Lynn do you know Chad? He should know YOU.

Aloha!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
          Lynn,
          I thought of you as I read the series. Quite extensive and an excellent effort on the paper's part to bring these challenges to light regarding Hawaii's public housing. The profile today of Chad Taniguchi should be encouraging to those who live in the nearly 190 public housing developments across the state.
          Lynn do you know Chad? He should know YOU.

Aloha!
          Hi! Girlfriend!

Yes, I know Chad very well. He's brought major changes to Public Housing. It's because of him...things have changed for the better. He's reachable and a man with vision. He listens and wants to know what is going on with the residents unlike the ones before him.

Love and ALOHA,

Lynn

Comment

Neighborhood Board 15 Meeting
            Kapalama Elementary School Cafeteria
            1601 N School St, Honolulu, HI 96817
            7:30 p.m. - 9:00 P.M.

On the Agenda:

1. Change Aala Park to Hiram Fong Park.

Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              On the Agenda: 1. Change Aala Park to Hiram Fong Park.
              Okay, Auntie, make 'em a proposal -- you'll agree with that IF they change "Senator Fong's Plantation" here on the windward side to "Aala Plantation."
              Equal trade.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Okay, Auntie, make 'em a proposal -- you'll agree with that IF they change "Senator Fong's Plantation" here on the windward side to "Aala Plantation."
                Equal trade.
                You made me laugh but it's actually quite serious. I was born and raised in Kalihi/Palama/Chinatown/Aala Park. My parents owned businesses in the area. Aala Grocery Store on Aala Street was a major hang-out. My parents were big political supporters of Gov. Burns and Mayor Blaisdell. Yep, Dad was for Burns and Mom was for the Republican Mayor. heheheh Our store was the headquarters for t-shirts during Political Seasons. There was no Senator Hiram Fong.

They should name a park where he lived or the district he represented. My MAMA should have the honor. She's known by everyone in Chinatown and Aala Park!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  Equal trade.

might that be known as a "1031 exchange"? lol.
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  reflect, repent and reboot.
                  order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Aala was once a thriving community. Many families and businesses were promised a new and better Community. The Rise and Fall of it all happened very fast. Many were relocated. Many were not. For some, the end of their business.

I know the true story.

And I will fight to keep it Aala Park.

Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna

Comment

I remember the park being full with families, kids running all of the place, filipino men flying their box kites and playing that kick game with the bamboo ball. There were a whole bunch of shops, restaurants and mom and pop stores. Our neighbor, the Bantilans, had a jewelry and watch repair shop. Good memories of the park.

Comment

why do "they" want a name change?
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        reflect, repent and reboot.
                        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                          why do "they" want a name change?
                          Because some IDIOT is proposing it and I'm going to find out who!

I'm going to get ready.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
                            I remember the park being full with families, kids running all of the place, filipino men flying their box kites and playing that kick game with the bamboo ball. There were a whole bunch of shops, restaurants and mom and pop stores. Our neighbor, the Bantilans, had a jewelry and watch repair shop. Good memories of the park.
                            It's MEMORIES like these that I am fighting to save AALA PARK!!!

Comment

Go get 'em, Auntie! Whack whacks!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

"Go Hiram Fong Park hia moe" --- ???
                                MANUELA BOY no work li`dat.

Comment

Working...
                                X