Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Donna from C&C addressed the Board.

She submitted a letter to the NB Board asking Aala Park be changed to Hiram Fong Park. I asked her before the meeting who was making the request.

She said his family.

I told her to tell his family to go look for a "PARK" in their district.

All of our NB members are against re-naming Aala Park.

MANUELA Boy is safe.

Love and ALOHA,

Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      You made me laugh but it's actually quite serious. I was born and raised in Kalihi/Palama/Chinatown/Aala Park. My parents owned businesses in the area. Aala Grocery Store on Aala Street was a major hang-out. My parents were big political supporters of Gov. Burns and Mayor Blaisdell. Yep, Dad was for Burns and Mom was for the Republican Mayor. heheheh Our store was the headquarters for t-shirts during Political Seasons. There was no Senator Hiram Fong.

They should name a park where he lived or the district he represented. My MAMA should have the honor. She's known by everyone in Chinatown and Aala Park!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
      I hope that on your campaign flyers and website that you make sure that the voters know how your family and you had businesses throughout the years in your neighborhood.

Comment

Donna from C&C addressed the Board.

She submitted a letter to the NB Board asking Aala Park be changed to Hiram Fong Park. I asked her before the meeting who was making the request.

She said his family.

I told her to tell his family to go look for a "PARK" in their district.

All of our NB members are against re-naming Aala Park.

MANUELA Boy is safe.

Love and ALOHA,

Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna

This is the first I heard that the family was trying to change the nameof the park. Please do all you can to keep the name change from happening. Aala Park is an institution. Everyone knows where it is and we all have our memories of it, good and bad. But that's Aala Park!

Comment

Ha, Leo! Manuela Boy?/no can! is the first thing that came to my mind.

I've always wodered what was the reason for such drastic change to this area, as it certainly once was an epi-center for the community, and now it's nearly a ghost town.

I'd love to hear much more of it's history, and personal experiences, from back in the day.

It was great to see the 'beautification' of Aala Park, only to sadly watch it revert back to where nobody wants to go there, again.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            I've always wodered what was the reason for such drastic change to this area, as it certainly once was an epi-center for the community, and now it's nearly a ghost town.

I'd love to hear much more of it's history, and personal experiences, from back in the day.

It was great to see the 'beautification' of Aala Park, only to sadly watch it revert back to where nobody wants to go there, again.
            Ron, I would gladly give you a one on one history/tour of Aala Park. Included would be tales from my MAMA.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

• Sounds like a date, but, you gonna make me wait?!

Mahalo for the most excellant and unexpected offer!

Very cool, we'll stay on this for the not so far future.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Two Announcements:

Pop's with his Koi. (Kalei and Blaine's Dad)

Kalei posted the following on Twitter earlier today:
                "Someone stole 6 Koi out of my dad's pond. He's been raising them for years. Some worth in the $1000's. People are so mean."

Be on the look-out for any Koi's in your neighborhood.

Also, I resigned from my Neighborhood Board 15, SD-1. I will be submitting a request on Wednesday to be a NB Member for SD-2. According to the rules and regulations, I have to go in front of the Board and tell them why I deserve to be a NB Member. Whatevers. For one thing, I don't sleep at meetings, I know the difference between a nay and a yay. Seriously, I love my community and am hoping my fellow NB Members Vote for me.

Lynn Vasquez Dela Cerna

Comment

Two Announcements:

Pop's with his Koi. (Kalei and Blaine's Dad)

Kalei posted the following on Twitter earlier today:
                  "Someone stole 6 Koi out of my dad's pond. He's been raising them for years. Some worth in the $1000's. People are so mean."

Be on the look-out for any Koi's in your neighborhood.
                  how unfortunate

Also, I resigned from my Neighborhood Board 15, SD-1. I will be submitting a request on Wednesday to be a NB Member for SD-2. According to the rules and regulations, I have to go in front of the Board and tell them why I deserve to be a NB Member. Whatevers. For one thing, I don't sleep at meetings, I know the difference between a nay and a yay. Seriously, I love my community and am hoping my fellow NB Members Vote for me. Lynn Vasquez Dela Cerna
                  right behind you aunty!!!! let me know when and where you are meeting the board members
                  Last edited by Seeking Penance; November 15, 2008, 03:18 PM. Reason: just cause
                  stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                    right behind you aunty!!!! let me know when and where you are meeting the board members
                    I'm glad you asked.

It's the same NB Members. Kalihi/Palama 15.

It's a matter of formality. Ding bat regulations.

But I have to go in front of dem and plead my case. LOL

Kapalama Elementary Cafeteria
                    7:00 p.m.
                    Wednesday November, 19, 2008

Comment

I'm glad you asked.

It's the same NB Members. Kalihi/Palama 15.

It's a matter of formality. Ding bat regulations.

But I have to go in front of dem and plead my case. LOL

Kapalama Elementary Cafeteria
                      7:00 p.m.
                      Wednesday November, 19, 2008
                      right next to you! 7 it is!!
                      stay forever young

Comment

John Leduc of Makiki contacted us and donated four huge koi to restock our dad's fishpond. I took a couple of photos of Pops with the new fish. They're posted on my blog.

http://www.zztype.com/blog/?p=204

Mahalo,

Blaine
                        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                          John Leduc of Makiki contacted us and donated four huge koi to restock our dad's fishpond. [...]
                          How cool is that! How did Mr. Leduc learn about the theft, Blaine?

Comment

Workers Say Lack Of Training Hurt Medical Examiner Investigations

HONOLULU -- A KITV investigation looked into allegations of problems at the Honolulu Medical Examiner's Office.

"Two male investigators recently quit working there and have filed gender discrimination complaints against their female supervisors. They claimed there is a shocking lack of training for investigators that could hurt death investigations.

Blaise Atabay, 29, was an investigator for the Honolulu Medical Examiner's Office for a little more than eight months before he quit in October.

Medical Examiner Dr. Kanthi De Alwis released a statement saying, "the city wants to reassure the public that the investigators are properly equipped to do their jobs, as was confirmed by accreditation by the National Association of Medical Examiners."

A national board of death investigators has credentialed only one of the department's eight investigators."

http://www.kitv.com/news/18028573/detail.html

* Dr. Kanthi De Alwis was appointed by Mayor Mufi. She has 6-8 suits against her. Susan, Sharon, and three other employees. As well as families. She was also found by the Ethics Commission to be guilty of six counts of Ethic's Violations that have not been enforced.

Please watch Keoki Kerr's follow-up report tonight!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I sat with Rep. Joey Manahan and Rep. Karl Rhoads while the announcement was made about my resignation and vacancy for Sub-District 1 and 2. The appointment for SD-1 was first. Darrin Ching was elected by unanimously by the board. I was nominated by Chairperson Bernie Young and second by another member. Voted unanimously by ALL the board as well. I went to the front, took my oath and took my seat....and we continued the meeting.

Yeah. I'm still TREASURER.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Workers Say Lack Of Training Hurt Medical Examiner Investigations

HONOLULU -- A KITV investigation looked into allegations of problems at the Honolulu Medical Examiner's Office.

* Dr. Kanthi De Alwis was appointed by Mayor Mufi. She has 6-8 suits against her. Susan, Sharon, and three other employees. As well as families. She was also found by the Ethics Commission to be guilty of six counts of Ethic's Violations that have not been enforced.
                                Mahalo, Auntie!
                                Why can't we have honesty in government instead of favoritism?
                                Who is Mufi going to owe now (which WE will pay) that helped get him elected?

I saw one bumper sticker before the election:
                                MUFI: Do we NEED him? Can we AFFORD him?

I think we shafted ourselves once again.

Too little, too late.
                                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X