Menehune Fishpond for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Menehune Fishpond for sale!

Just wish I could get all my Menehune cousins to pitch in and buy it collectively. We could then create a menehune only commune and have what was ours back.

Don't freak out anybody... It's just a joke.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      The family that's selling the land could donate it to the Nature Conservancy and get some tax credits for doing so. The Nature Conservancy is about the only nongovernmental, nonprofit organization that apparently gives a rat's okole about preserving what is left of ancient Hawai'i wilderness.

Miulang

But we're assuming that the family that is selling is wealthy. They may not be. Seems unlikely but they could be land rich and cash poor. They could
      also be native Hawaiian with many people involved in the sale and the majority are opting to sell. I may be totally off but I knew someone
      who lived nearby and there is one family that held water rights toward the top of the ahupuaa.
      and could be the kupuna passed away and now this sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bcliquot
        But we're assuming that the family that is selling is wealthy. They may not be. Seems unlikely but they could be land rich and cash poor. They could
        also be native Hawaiian with many people involved in the sale and the majority are opting to sell. I may be totally off but I knew someone
        who lived nearby and there is one family that held water rights toward the top of the ahupuaa.
        and could be the kupuna passed away and now this sale.
        No, I believe the current owners are Japanese American. They put the property up for sale because the kids didn't want it (give me the money! )

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X