Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HPD starting island wide pedestrian safety program

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    .... if they not using their brians to cross the street over...
    ya know...
    the life of brian. whaddya gonna do?

Comment

I'll never forget this one teenage girl crossing near a high school. She actually STOPPED in the middle of the crosswalk to finish an argument she was having on her CELLPHONE with (I assume) her boyfriend, or whoever. All at once, everyone began honking their horn. As she left the curb she gave all the passing motorists the finger.

Amazing.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
        STOPPED in the middle of the crosswalk to finish an argument she was having on her CELLPHONE
        that is the thoughless arrogance of many cell fone users. Blocking entrances, standing in the middle of walkways while their cell fone conversation stops the world.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          that is the thoughless arrogance of many cell fone users. Blocking entrances, standing in the middle of walkways while their cell fone conversation stops the world.
          About a year ago I was in the produce section of the Safeway store in Kailua and happened to notice that there were 8 other people in the same section... and every single one of them was talking on their cell phone.
          And as for stupid pedestrians, about half an hour ago I was stopped in the front of a line at a red light on Kamehameha Highway in Kaneohe. The light turned green and I started to roll forward... until two teenaged girls looked up at the light and went ahead anyway and stepped into the crosswalk right in front of me (mere inches from my moving bumper) and ambled on across against the red, even though I was rolling and cars from the other direction were rolling!
          Airheads.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

"Walk this Way" - To the tune by Aerosmith

Finally heard a PSA on pedestrian safety. 105.1FM KINE (Cox, Inc.) airin' it.

Mayor Mufi Hanneman as speaker. What I don't get is he only mentions safety suggestions towards the PEDESTRIAN listener, but not the drivers.

There's obviously a higher ratio of DRIVERS on the road than pedestrians.

Perhaps there's another installment never aired yet on the DRIVER side of it.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: "Walk this Way" - To the tune by Aerosmith

Originally posted by Pomai
              Finally heard a PSA on pedestrian safety. 105.1FM KINE (Cox, Inc.) airin' it.

Mayor Mufi Hanneman as speaker. What I don't get is he only mentions safety suggestions towards the PEDESTRIAN listener, but not the drivers.

There's obviously a higher ratio of DRIVERS on the road than pedestrians.

Perhaps there's another installment never aired yet on the DRIVER side of it.
              Maybe its geared towards peds who listen to KINE on their walkmans.

But did anyone see any police enforcing this yet? Unless they're in unmarked cars along the street, then this isn't working.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
              X