How moke you stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How moke you stay?

I dunno, to me, most of the questions are kinda dumb... like they don't really have anything to do with whether or not you got the moke factor. Mokes writing online journals or worse, having screenames lol. Getting moke points for living on the west side, riding the bus... yeah right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K
      Nah, it's kinda embarrassing dat I still stay one moke even though I spent ten years on da mainland. I expected to score between 45 and 60 percent. Of course, da quiz is probably "culturally-biased" vis-a-vis folks dat stay in da rural parts of da neighbor islands.
      Eh, no be shame for being one moke! Everybody in Hawai'i too busy trying to be like peeps on da Mainland. You one endangered species in da 'aina! You one local treasure! Keep it up!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

You scored a 52% on the "How Moke Are You/You Stay?" Quizie!

2993 people had a score lower than yours

3784 people had a score higher than yours

202 people had a score the same as yours

Who knew!

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          Everybody in Hawai'i too busy trying to be like peeps on da Mainland.
          Really? That's news to me. I see more mainland residents trying to act local than locals trying to act mainland.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
            Really? That's news to me. I see more mainland residents trying to act local than locals trying to act mainland.
            Well, according to some starry-eyed idealists, anyone in Hawaii who isn't living under a thatched roof with four generations of family and eating locally-grown foodstuff - or anyone who dares have a job and earns (gasp!) American money and actually purchases items he or she didn't grow or build themselves - is "trying to act mainland."

Which would be, of course, just about everyone.

Then there's "just" fostering rampant development, desecrating tikis with cartoon characters, building "big box" stores, driving Hummers (or using your car horn)... that could be "acting mainland" too.

I'm not taking this test. I know I'm about as "moke" as a slice of white bread. Hell, I'd fail a "how local are you?" test too. Fortunately, a test doesn't dictate who I am.

Comment

LOL 59%... Not bad fo one haole. No wonder I cannot make friends living on the mainland for the last 5 years... hahaha
              Haolewaiian Girl
              >~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~<

Comment

yeah yeah whatevers...

me? 40% Geez I nevah tink I had any in me at all!
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

This farmboy originally from Ka'u on the Big I , (hardly a moke heaven) ,whose usual attire is a t-shirt and bib overalls during the working portion of a day, (a get-up no self-respecting moke would be seen in) somehow managed to score a 45%. 45% moke?

Comment

Working...
                  X