Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interracial and Sterotypes and Melting

Originally posted by beaker
    The more "mixed race" couples the better, because it gets us sooner to the end of this divisive "race" BS, and closer to getting along properly as individuals.
    Such ideal thoughts are great in theory, but I suspect that people for some reason crave that "us vs. them" mentality in order to maintain some kind group societal cohesiveness/sense of belonging and some kind of self esteem/confidence as individuals AND as a group (one group vs another). Once it's no longer ethnic divisions, other divisions (socioeconomic, political, by country, gender, etc.) will always exist to take its place on center stage instead. Sad but true...people seem to need to feel superior in some way by putting others down by whatever silly division necessary. Gotta love pack mentality and genetics, shrug.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
      I always think it's funny when you get these Hawaiian activists complaining "haole this and that" , but they get one haole chick with them. I saw this a lot when I lived in Ka'u. What brah, the local wahine to much for you?

For me I'm 100% japanese, but have never been with a Japanese woman. i married a Haole from the mainland because we met online and clicked( no computermouse jokes please). My son from my first marriage, is Hawaiian-Filipino,Mexican & Japanese. Women of my own race (although beautiful ) never appealed to me.
      I'm in the same boat. For the most part I'm Caucasian (with a 1/4 Ilocano) and while there are many beautiful caucasian women out there, I am not attracted to them. I find African American women extremely appealing. However while walking in WalMart or the local mall, I am always drawn (girl watch) to the darker skinned women no matter what their ethnicity.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
        I don't think it is so simple as hating "because" of race. It's hating(your word) because of actions and attitudes. The fact that those actions and attitudes are predominant in a group carries suspicion that extends to all members of the group.

If all my enemies are of a given group does it follow that all members of that group are by necessity my enemies? Of course not. That's the enlightened part. IMO of course.
        I agree with you... how can you say you "hate haoles" ,but be with a haole girl or say "frickin' haoles"(or any other race), but you yourself have haole or mixed blood?
        Like Braddah Noland said in his song "Are You Native?" .....one world ,one race, all natives of the planet Earth!
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
          I agree with you... how can you say you "hate haoles" ,but be with a haole girl or say "frickin' haoles"(or any other race), but you yourself have haole or mixed blood?
          Like Braddah Noland said in his song "Are You Native?" .....one world ,one race, all natives of the planet Earth!
          I have Irish and English blood in addition to others. I have British friends. I have dated English girls. I also have strong opinions about the wrongs done the Irish people by the British. I see no inconsistency in that.

The lovely sentiments of Braddah Noland do not address the imminent extinction of unique cultures and ethnicities brought about by contact with more populous cultures that exhibit imperialist tendencies, be they American, European or Asian.
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
          X