Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state are you from? This includes locals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What state are you from? This includes locals from here !

Born in Chicago, lived there, as well as Indiana, Michigan, Arizona, Oregon and Hawaii.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Let's See..born In Germany1966,to Hawaii,to Georgia,to Texas,to Palolo,to Georgia 1971..back To Hawaii In 81.now Back In South For Most Of Time Since 82...whew...

Comment

Born and Raised Hawaii Kai, Oahu. Up in Washington State, coming home for good finally in about a month.

Comment

Re: What state are you from? This includes locals!

I was born at the former Kaiser Hospital in Waikiki (Honolulu, HI). Remember that? Wyland did a gigantic Humpback Whale mural on the Ewa side of the building. I can't remember when they imploded that.

Grew up in Kaneohe. Now make Waikiki and Hawaii Kai my dual residency. lol
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Born and raised on Oahu (Kalihi/Kailua)
            Military time in S. Korea, SE Asia and Ayers Massachusettes
            Back home to Oahu (Kailua/Laie/ Makiki)
            Short time in Asia and Europe
            Back home to Oahu (Aiea/Waipahu/Kapolei)
            Moved to Vancouver Washington 2003
            Relocated to Washougal WA on the Columbia River 2004
            May move back to Hawaii in 2008.......maybe, still thinking about it!

Comment

Since I’m new to HT it’s interesting to see where everyone is from, lots of West coast people here.

I was born in San Francisco, grew up in HalfmoonBay – (Mavericks country) – college in Napa/Sonoma - JamaicaWest Indies (nine years) back to San Francisco moving to Kauai in September. Could never live far from the ocean…
              "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post
                Since I’m new to HT it’s interesting to see where everyone is from, lots of West coast people here.

I was born in San Francisco, grew up in HalfmoonBay – (Mavericks country) – college in Napa/Sonoma - JamaicaWest Indies (nine years) back to San Francisco moving to Kauai in September. Could never live far from the ocean…
                How was living in Jamaica?
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Interesting learning experience – beautiful place, (development is rampant, hardly recognize Negril on my last visit six months ago) – very severe culture - most tourist have no idea of what really makes Jamaica tick…one can live and work there for years and you will always be a “foreigner”. I loved living on an Island but Jamaica just became too violent for me…
                  "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post
                    Interesting learning experience – beautiful place, (development is rampant, hardly recognize Negril on my last visit six months ago) – very severe culture - most tourist have no idea of what really makes Jamaica tick…one can live and work there for years and you will always be a “foreigner”. I loved living on an Island but Jamaica just became too violent for me…
                    I experienced the "violence" as a visiting backpacker myself. Do you mind my asking if you are black?
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Oahu Born Bruddah

Was brought into the world and lived in Honolulu well Liliha Territory then I moved to Waimalu then went to Makiki for a bit then Waikiki and my final residence on Oahu was Waianae before fleeing to the Bay Area where I stay now.

Comment

"I experienced the "violence" as a visiting backpacker myself. Do you mind my asking if you are black?"

No Sinjin I’m not black, I’m Portuguese so after a few months in the sun I can get pretty dark…but it would not have mattered if I was black because black Americans experience the same negativity as white Americans. It’s an economic issue, (you must give me what you have or you are a racist – bad minded person) along with the most ethnocentric attitude I have experienced anywhere in the world. The country is riddled with “issues” probably one of the most violent places in the world, not just toward the tourist but most of all toward each other . But everyone pretends it’s all Irie and if anyone should dare to say otherwise they are racist, bad minded, and hate Jamaicans. But one thing I will say the Island is very seductive, magical land of enchantment, too bad the people are victims of the slavery mentality. It IS an interesting culture filled with contradictions and conflict.

Comment

I was born in California... moved to O'ahu when I was 4.... Moved back to California when I was 16ish... moved to Missouri when I was 34.... Still have Family In Honolulu that I wish I could see more often...
                          Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Does confusion count? I am still learning the island...it's nice and many things to do. I have live all over the world and wherever I am last,is what I claim. So for now, Hawaii.

Comment

Born in Kailua, raised in Kahalu'u.

I grew here, you flew here....eat me!

Comment

I grew up in New Mexico, lived on Oahu for years, then to Ohio for a couple of years (where the DH is from), and we are soon to be back in Hawaii!

Comment

Working...
                                X