X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Japanese-Americans in Hawaii

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
    Like I said earlier, I think ... And I'm not the only one who feels that way.
    And I think you are a jackass. "And I'm not the only one who feels that way." As you are fond of saying, I'm just expressing an opinion. Oh, and another quote from your book of bile: as long as you continue to act like a jackass, I will point it out. Except that I won't. With this post, I am done with you, Palolo Joker.

You continue to show an ability to come into all kinds of threads and, rather than add to the discussion, derail them completely with your asinine and insulting manner. You see every sandbox as your personal litter box, a place for you to spread your fecal invectives. For some reason, admin has chosen to allow you to go on unchecked, while setting a double standard of chiding others who, on occasion, plummet to your level in a vain attempt to get a message through in your diminutive dialect. As long as he permits you, PJ, to set the low level of discourse, it leaves him little wiggle-room to be shocked when others choose the same path.

You are a sad, angry, pathetic, inadequate, little size-queen, whose value is so low that you are not worthy to warm yourself over the steam from my pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      For some reason, admin has chosen to allow you to go on unchecked, while setting a double standard of chiding others who, on occasion, plummet to your level in a vain attempt to get a message through in your diminutive dialect. As long as he permits you, PJ, to set the low level of discourse, it leaves him little wiggle-room to be shocked when others choose the same path.
      I plead guilty to stooping to PJ's level of banality. Unfortunately, there are too many others who share his pathetic mentality, otherwise I might still be living in paradise.

Comment

Shaun: If you want to stay current with your ability to speak Japanese, you need to find places where they speak Japanese in Seattle until you're old enough to live away from your parents.

You can take Japanese language classes at lots of places in Seattle, like the Seattle Languages International. It's not very expensive, either. Or go volunteer a few hours every week up at Keiro Nursing Home. There are lots of obasan and ojiisan who still speak Japanese (and they may even have cute granddaughters) who would probably be delighted to speak to you. Or go hang out at the Seattle Betsuin Temple. They even have a caucasian bonsan there! You wouldn't be the only "white" face in the crowd...lots of caucasians also attend that church and Obon up there is great.

Miulang
        Last edited by Miulang; November 21, 2006, 09:25 AM.
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          Shaun: If you want to stay current with your ability to speak Japanese, you need to find places where they speak Japanese in Seattle until you're old enough to live away from your parents.

You can take Japanese language classes at lots of places in Seattle, like the Seattle Languages International. It's not very expensive, either. Or go volunteer a few hours every week up at Keiro Nursing Home. There are lots of obasan and ojiisan who still speak Japanese (and they may even have cute granddaughters) who would probably be delighted to speak to you. Or go hang out at the Seattle Betsuin Temple. They even have a caucasian bonsan there! You wouldn't be the only "white" face in the crowd...lots of caucasians also attend that church and Obon up there is great.

Miulang
          Hi Miulang. Thank you very much. I think it would be cute to see my younger brother teach Japanese to a AJA girl and to see her correct his English. I don't want to see Shaun stirr innocent people here on the forum who have done no wrong to him. To this case, I think to you fellas we owe you an explanation.

I do see him being a bit obnoxious, but he wasnt well received in Japan when people began to get to know him. The problem climaxed during a Awo Odori festival in Tokushima, where he went up and kissed a cute Japanese girl dressed in a Crepe hat having a Suntory company logo, and got slapped. I ended up being the brother the only one with whom he could hang out with. He felt unreceived during his teen years there, having had no girlfriend. He figured the only way to receive love is simply by learning Japanese and play along with their American fantasy, anything to receive love.

My brother Shaun has a desperate need to belong. Shaun was not even liked in school before going to Japan. He was a bit of an outcast from the very onset of his life, and I went along with helping him massage his ego to help his little insecurities. I asked him to come out and applogize for being a goofball here, but he wouldn't so I am doing it for him.

The only reason why he retained to use his true name is because he wanted to meet up with a woman. Should he connect on the forum, he would be able to date the girl of his dreams.

My brother is a bit scary, and I am a bit concerned about him as well. He does want to truly impregnate a Japanese girl so that she won't run away from him, and stay loyal to him in having a baby. Shaun also became increasingly involved in Christianity because some missionaries friends were the only ones that really gave him the time of day when he was alone.

In some ways both of us have trouble re-adjusting here in Seattle WA, after being away for so long. We really dont have any friends.

The issue, I believe with Shaun is not so much a language issue or cultural issue between Japanese and Americans, but rather his own PERSONAL struggle for the need to belong.

Shaun wants a girlfriend who is nurturing and kind beyond anything. He will never admit it, but I do see it. I am also afraid that Shaun will be too embarassed to return to this forum after my disclosure of him. But I do want to help him, and secondly, I do think you guys deserve an explanation after all this childish tantrum he caused on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by softbaby View Post
            Hi Miulang. Thank you very much. I think it would be cute to see my younger brother teach Japanese to a AJA girl and to see her correct his English. I don't want to see Shaun stirr innocent people here on the forum who have done no wrong to him. To this case, I think to you fellas we owe you an explanation.

I do see him being a bit obnoxious, but he wasnt well received in Japan when people began to get to know him. The problem climaxed during a Awo Odori festival in Tokushima, where he went up and kissed a cute Japanese girl dressed in a Crepe hat having a Suntory company logo, and got slapped. I ended up being the brother the only one with whom he could hang out with. He felt unreceived during his teen years there, having had no girlfriend. He figured the only way to receive love is simply by learning Japanese and play along with their American fantasy, anything to receive love.

My brother Shaun has a desperate need to belong. Shaun was not even liked in school before going to Japan. He was a bit of an outcast from the very onset of his life, and I went along with helping him massage his ego to help his little insecurities. I asked him to come out and applogize for being a goofball here, but he wouldn't so I am doing it for him.

The only reason why he retained to use his true name is because he wanted to meet up with a woman. Should he connect on the forum, he would be able to date the girl of his dreams.

My brother is a bit scary, and I am a bit concerned about him as well. He does want to truly impregnate a Japanese girl so that she won't run away from him, and stay loyal to him in having a baby. Shaun also became increasingly involved in Christianity because some missionaries friends were the only ones that really gave him the time of day when he was alone.

In some ways both of us have trouble re-adjusting here in Seattle WA, after being away for so long. We really dont have any friends.

The issue, I believe with Shaun is not so much a language issue or cultural issue between Japanese and Americans, but rather his own PERSONAL struggle for the need to belong.

Shaun wants a girlfriend who is nurturing and kind beyond anything. He will never admit it, but I do see it. I am also afraid that Shaun will be too embarassed to return to this forum after my disclosure of him. But I do want to help him, and secondly, I do think you guys deserve an explanation after all this childish tantrum he caused on the forum.
            Your explanation does help me understand a little better why he thinks the way he does. Has he gone for professional counseling yet? Even going to a group counseling session with his peers would probably be really really helpful for him as he goes through his teenaged years (so that he understands that he isn't alone in feeling the way he does). It sucks to be a teenager, especially one who doesn't yet know who he really is or where he fits in. And coming back to this country after a few years away doesn't help. Teenagers tend to be overdramatic anyway (hence the Romeo and Juliet analogy) but I think he really needs some professional help before he does something even more dramatic and physically hurts himself, or worse, someone else. One thing your family doesn't need is for him to adopt the Goth culture and totally alienate himself from you and your parents (in case you didn't already know it, there is a large Goth music scene in Seattle, and one of their things is that they like to accept people who don't fit in anywhere else).

I'm not sure if you were already in Seattle when a loner who hung out on the fringes of the Goth scene in Seattle went berserk and killed like 6 people after a rave party, but I really hope something like that doesn't happen to your brother.

Miulang
            Last edited by Miulang; November 21, 2006, 11:07 AM.
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Leo the Ass Licker View Post
              With this post, I am done with you
              Fantastic, you hypocritical self-centered jerkoff. I'll be done with your sorry excuse for a carcass when I feel like it.

Originally posted by Leo the Ass Licker
              As long as he permits you, it leaves him little wiggle-room to be shocked when others choose the same path.
              The same could be said for the off-topic, self-important puke that you post to HT. And for someone who throws the personal insults around quite often, you sure do get your panties in a bunch when they're directed at you. Kiss my ass.

Originally posted by Leo the Ass Licker
              You are a sad, angry, pathetic, inadequate, little size-queen, whose value is so low that you are not worthy to warm yourself over the steam from my pee.
              That gave me quite a laugh. It must have taken you a while to come up with that one.

Please, the next time you come to Hawaii, post about it here on HT.

Oh, and keep trying to be an Internet gangsta. It's sooooo scaaaaaary.
              Last edited by Palolo Joe; November 21, 2006, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Re: Learning Japanese

softbaby, I'm going to cut through the song and dance. Your brother needs HELP! He is very fortunate to have a loving brother like you. He is disturbed. Please seek treatment for him before it's too late.

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn

Note: Holy Shit! Did ya see the post above me? WOW!
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I need a vacation!

This thread is not only creepy from Shaun... but now we have his "brother" saying things on his behalf...

And I won't go down PJ's road right now... as his latest posts obviously shows his true colors.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                    And I won't go down PJ's road right now... as his latest posts obviously shows his true colors.
                    Just as Leo the Licker's shows his. Just as some of the crap you post shows yours.

And go read the previous posts. I didn't go down any "road" in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      softbaby, I'm going to cut through the song and dance. Your brother needs HELP! He is very fortunate to have a loving brother like you. He is disturbed. Please seek treatment for him before it's too late.

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn
                      very well said 1stwahine...

Unless the two of them are just playing the HT game!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                        This thread is not only creepy from Shaun... but now we have his "brother" saying things on his behalf...
                        Yeah, why do I feel like I'm in the middle of a Something Awful prank...

Comment

I give softbaby the benefit of a doubt right now, because I sure as hell don't want to have to read a story in the Seattle Times one of these days that a 16 year old kid named Shaun either committed suicide or went into a school or shopping mall and started shooting at people because they wouldn't accept him.

You don't make fun of people who are mentally ill or trivialize the disease. It is a category of genuine medical conditions which can be treated successfully. And there's that old nugget: "There but for the grace of God..."

Miulang

Comment

I agree with Miuling, giving Softbaby and Shaun the benefit of the doubt. What could we possibly lose here in discussion with them? Maybe a little shock and maybe some heated discussions, but at the end of the day, nothing lost right? Because indeed, if this is not a prank, we've indirectly helped a youth struggling to find himself.

Softbaby, do appreciate the explanation. It does help account for a lot of the extremes of the previous posts. Heck, you should tell Shaun there's no shame or harm for him to join back the discussion. Part of being able to fit in is to be able to receive flak, pick yourself up, and keep going.

Comment

Forget it. We're done here. Palolo Joe, Leo Lakio, time out. Take three days and get it out of your system. Of course, if you think there's a "double standard" here, feel free to share your wisdom elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X