This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christianity - Heaven & Hell

Shesh we must be wearing out this thread. We should go over to the Ideal Liberal Govenment thread...nothing updated since this morning!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      Sorry the Poof theory is limited to Costco members only. You must be a Sam's club member.

my theory is Sam's a poof. And if you get near his club, he's spank ya with it. slowly. and gently.
      I won't EVEN go near "member"

Comment

When I push up crocuses, I certainly am not going to care about heaven or hell. About the only ones who will care about my soul might be some well-meaning LDS'ers, who will perform a Baptism for the Dead to ensure that my soul rests in peace eternally, even though they may not even know me.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Oh Damn I had to bring up that Wal-Mart issue again. Boy this volley is better than watching the last second bidding on Ebay stuff!
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            Yeah, when I'm not terrorizing forums, I'm playing those stupid games! Question: what's the best way to rouse a rabble?

Miulang

ahhh yes. Anagram.

My gram's name is ann.

no that's not it.
            But anagram is whatcher doing i think.

easy kine; where it rearranges to say anythings else;

mo bettah kine
            rearranges thesauruslike:

* The earthquakes
            That queer shake

* Debit card
            Bad credit

* Slot machines
            Cash lost in 'em

* School master
            The classroom

* Eleven plus two
            Twelve plus one

* Dormitory
            Dirty room

* Punishment
            Nine Thumps5

* Desperation
            A rope ends it

* The Morse code
            Here come dots

* Snooze alarms
            Alas! No more Zs

* A decimal point
            I'm a dot in place

* Astronomer
            Moon starer

how bout ambigram;
            what kine dat!?
            the ambiguously opposite arranger:
            the Nuclear Regulatory Commission = your rules clone atomic nightmares.

how about antigram:
            An anagram which is antonymous of the original phrase;
            violence = nice love.
            Last edited by kimo55; August 25, 2004, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              Oh Damn I had to bring up that Wal-Mart issue again. Boy this volley is better than watching the last second bidding on Ebay stuff!

this volley is a ball!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                ahhh yes. Anagram.

My gram's name is ann.

no that's not it.
                But anagram is whatcher doing i think.

easy kine; where it rearranges to say anythings else;

mo bettah kine
                rearranges thesauruslike:

* The earthquakes
                That queer shake

* Debit card
                Bad credit

* Slot machines
                Cash lost in 'em

* School master
                The classroom

* Eleven plus two
                Twelve plus one3

* Dormitory
                Dirty room

* Punishment
                Nine Thumps5

* Desperation
                A rope ends it

* The Morse code
                Here come dots

* Snooze alarms
                Alas! No more Zs

* A decimal point
                I'm a dot in place

* Astronomer
                Moon starer

how bout ambigram;
                what kine dat!?
                the ambiguously opposite arranger:
                the Nuclear Regulatory Commission = your rules clone atomic nightmares.

how about antigram:
                An anagram which is antonymous of the original phrase;
                violence = nice love.
                And don 't forget about the barellinas and flutterbys!

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

While reading the book I, Robot there was a reference to one of the characters encountering St. Peter who happens to be at the enterance to Heaven. And I am thinking, yeah there has been lots of references of St. Peter at the enterance to the pearly gates. So is this the same St. Peter who was one the apostiles of Jesus right?

If so, then keep in mind St. Peter was alive around 2000 years or so ago, then he died and now he has the job of seeing people before they enter Heaven. Now call it favortism or cynorism since St. Peter knew the Son of God but the questions I have is who was the person that used to have the job of being at the enterance to the pearly gates before St. Peter and whatever happen to that person?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                    the questions I have is who was the person that used to have the job of being at the enterance to the pearly gates before St. Peter and whatever happen to that person?

aaaah the mysteries of heaven and of the lord, my child, will be fully exposed to you when you reach the penultimate destination. god's mysteries will be revealed to you when you are revealed to god.

'sides;
                    why you like know erryting now? Donchu want a lil suspense in your life?!

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                      we seem to all have some pretty serious delusions about death and dying around here. ..

Mel, your religious intolerance and spiritual arrogance is showing.

An individual's concepts and perceptions of death and dying are their own. ...a very personal thing and something which oftimes serves as a major thing in their life which gives them succor or peace of mind; their concept of what comes after and its passage. To claim these beliefs, feelings and ideas they openly and trustfully voice in this online ohana; to label them as "delusional" is ethnocentric, myopic, oppressively judgemental and religiously fascistic; as a "moderator", we give you more credit than that.
                      Last edited by kimo55; September 4, 2004, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Lani is home, I think is like Hawaii and Kehena is the opposite of that.

Christ showed the forgiveness that we all must take up.

Comment

Originally posted by aloha_girlz
                          Lani is home, I think is like Hawaii and Kehena is the opposite of that.

Christ showed the forgiveness that we all must take up.

Huuuungh!?

Comment

This is so absurd.

The Christian concepts of "heaven" and "hell" are absolutely ridiculous.

You get ONE chance to live a life?! If you succeed by "Christian" notions, you go on up to "Heaven", nod to Saint Peter as he lets you past the Gates, and then what??? You play a harp for eternity, dance on the golden streets? Won't you get bored?

I'd miss most of my friends if I went there.

On the other hand, you are going to tortured with fire and brimstone for all eternity???

Totally absurd.

I think the Buddhists have a much better idea of what is going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55

>Originally Posted by mel

>we seem to all have some pretty serious delusions about death and dying around here

Mel, your religious intolerance and spiritual arrogance is showing.

An individual's concepts and perceptions of death and dying are their own. ...a very personal thing and something which oftimes serves as a major thing in their life which gives them succor or peace of mind; their concept of what comes after and its passage. To claim these beliefs, feelings and ideas they openly and trustfully voice in this online ohana; to label them as "delusional" is ethnocentric, myopic, oppressively judgemental and religiously fascistic; as a "moderator", we give you more credit than that.
                              Look, I don't remember making that statement in this topic. It seems a lot of messages from the closed old WalMart topic got yanked and tacked in over here... not by me. I did not wish to participate in this topic matter. I deleted my posts in this topic that originally appeared in the WalMart topic. This topic is in somewhat of a mess now. This will be my only post in this topic. I had not originally partiicpated in this "heaven and hell" topic and choose not to be a part of this topic.

I think once an old topic is closed, it should just stay that way with all of its original messages intact, whether on topic or off....

Perhaps the board is beginning to fill up and maybe all the messages need to be purged and we all start fresh and new all over again.

That's it. I am off topic here but then I never wanted to be in this topic. I just had to spill my 2 cents here on this matter.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I've posted an explanation at the Front Desk. This particular thread split was definitely a mistake. Mea culpa. Perhaps we'll try a more focused analysis of existential issues at a later time.

Comment

Working...
                                X