• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hallo, ween!

Originally posted by kimo55
    i assume you mean;

"couldn't care less..."
    hopefully, the more we learn, the more we learn that we don't know so much.
    and we continue learning.
    hopefully.

sad is the day when an in-duh-vidual sez;

"well, that's all i need to know. I'm full!"
    The day I stop learning something is the day I am dead. I try to learn something new every day.

"Dickie" is also a clothing term for a piece of fabric that can be inserted into the neckline of a garment to make it appear to be layered.

If people want to believe in whatever they want to believe in (God, Buddah, Allah, whatever) then that's cool. Just don't try to proselytize and convert anyone to your ideas. Everyone needs to believe in something in order to have an inner moral/spiritual core, but everyone doesn't need to believe in the same thing. Even atheists believe in something (i.e., they believe there is no god).

If you don't want to be labelled as one of the nation of sheep, think hard about your choices and be prepared to live with the consequences, but think before you act and do not act in a robotic manner just because "I don't want to rock the boat" or "it's easier for me to go along with what everyone wants". Respectful (maybe even vocal sometimes) discussion is part of the basic fabric of this country. Defend your right to have an opinion.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

"My god is the only true god. And if you don't believe me, my god will kill you and your god."
      Wow, that's one smart, tolerant and open person. ^Ditto. When it comes right down to it, you have to respect people for what they've decided for themselves. Can't force things down people's throats.

Comment

There's a school district up here (Puyallup) that cancelled Halloween celebrations in the classrooms because they didn't want to offend the Wiccans (witches). Some other schools have done away with the name Halloween and call the observation "Autumn Festival". Sheesh. I think political correctness is one thing, but depriving kids of their right to sugar highs ?

There were riots in Denver this past Columbus Day because the Native Americans were upset that history has distorted what Columbus did to the indigenous people when he first landed. Tell that to the East Coast, where in NYC and Boston they have parades to honor Italian Americans.

What till Thanksgiving! What will we call that holiday so we don't offend the Native Americans? Turkey Day? (That would have pleased Ben Franklin).

What is this country coming to, anyway?

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X