Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Originally posted by Karen View Post
    Cranberee, it is sad that you can't see what I recognize, and I have posted some of it quite clearly, but you are right, your mind is set and so is mine.

Anapuni, were there a couple that actually suffered the fields, the jungles and the front lines? I suppose, if true, that there's an exception to every rule, right? Yep...however, I know the relatives, hubby, friends and his friends that were in 'Nam don't need your nor my agreement with the history that they lived, and that it was our country's policy to not have women on the front lines. In fact, the few that possibly were could have been there against policy. the many men I have heard reports from had no reason to lie, and I certainly know my hubby and his command did not serve with women in 'Nam. It was all male marines. anyone can "disagree" all they want, he was there, he lived it, as did others I am close to.

Thanks for continuing dialogue. We prove, unlike other websites that debate can happen without lowering ourselves to obnoxious levels.
    it is more sad to see what YOU ONLY recognize.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
      BTW, somebody used the term "single mother".

That phrase is used by feminist types and others to gain pity or praise.

More truthful terminology is to say; 1) divorced 2) widowed or 3) unmarried mother.

But the 99% who use the term "single mother" are actually #3 or unmarried. They don't like to be honest in that way because that description holds with it certain irresponsibity.

There is no excuse for a woman to have an unwanted pregancy in todays world, unless she was impregnated via criminal rape. I feel sorry for those. The rest were irresponsible.
      what an obnoxious little person you must be to make the above statements. I used the term "single parent", a non-generic term because I was not a "married" parent. My circumstances prior to the incident I described are none of your business. If one is not married, then one is single, whether by divorce, widowhood or no marriage at all.
      Last edited by anapuni808; July 25, 2007, 09:22 PM. Reason: to correct my phrasing
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

There is no excuse for a woman to have an unwanted pregancy in todays world, unless she was impregnated via criminal rape.

pfft. the only way this is true is if a woman is completely abstinent.

it's apparent that you're completely unaware that birth control does not protect 100% against pregnancy, even with perfect use, and that abortion is far from widely and easily available.

show me a man who declares that his mother was a strong woman, and yet detests feminists and feminism, and i'll show you a man who is still a little, snot-faced, snivelling, tantrumy whiny brat of a boy inside, impotently ever struggling yet always failing to earn his mother's love and approval.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

• Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          what an obnoxious little person you must be to make the above statements. I used the term "single parent", a non-generic term because I was not a "married" parent. My circumstances prior to the incident I described are none of your business. If one is not married, then one is single, whether by divorce, widowhood or no marriage at all.
          Sorry, I don't agree.

This is the language police of the feminst left always making the woman the victim.

Lets see, beyond abstinence, there are condoms, pills, IUDs, diaphragms, speracides and even wise "timing" methods.

But when an unmarried girl or woman gets pregnant, its EQUALLY the mans fault. Yeah right.

You know what is obnoxious anapuni808? Being so irresponsible and/or selfish and or just plain stupid to intentionally bring a child into this world with no intention to at least attempt to raise it by at least 1 mother and 1 father. And that obnoxious attitude is the norm today because people like you will lash out at anyone who suggests that it was the girls fault for getting pregnant.

Women get pregnant. They know that. Should Men consider their actions? Sure. But ultimately it is the womans fault with the exception of criminal rape and the very very few birth control "failures" that might occur.

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
          show me a man who declares that his mother was a strong woman, and yet detests feminists and feminism, and i'll show you a man who is still a little, snot-faced, snivelling, tantrumy whiny brat of a boy inside, impotently ever struggling yet always failing to earn his mother's love and approval.
          HaH! You couldn't be further from the truth but I'm sure your immagination makes you feel better.

Feminism SHOULD include women being completely responsible for their own actions. Somehow that got left out.

Your feminism does not create stronger woman, it leads to victims who attack anyone (like me) who dares to suggest that women are not always victims.

Funny kine, no?

Comment

• KK so a woman with a with a kid who was married and then split with the baby's daddy for whatever reason isn't single? The woman with a kid who's husband dies isn't single now either?

The semantics don't fly no matter how ya try to split it and make it like breeze caught dandelion fluff, 'tis still straw.

By the way KK, single Daddies in some ways had it as bad or at times worse than single mothers as far as workplace attitudes went when it came to having to take time off for school meetings/functions or child illnesses before the assorted family acts came about.

Comment

Being so irresponsible and/or selfish and or just plain stupid to intentionally bring a child into this world with no intention to at least attempt to raise it by at least 1 mother and 1 father.
              I would submit that there more men than women who lack the intentions of which you speak.
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                I would submit that there more men than women who lack the intentions of which you speak.
                Exactly. And women should make that assumption because I also think it is more true than not. Thats why an intelligent woman would be even MORE protective of her life and her body and her actions so that she's not stuck in the middle of a mess crying victim.

Comment

Ahhhhh...there's onnada bad word used today on HT.

KUNT!
                  http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=13266

HAHAHAHAHAA

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                    Boiled down, is feminism a good thing or a bad thing?
                    I tried hard to stay out of this conversation. Feminism, like unions, started as a good thing but I think factions or certain groups under the label have abused the progress made and have used the advantages to exact "revenge" on men in general. Why do I say that? Because I fail to see why when a men's rights group filing a class action lawsuit to simply reword funding for domestic violence shelters to the words "gender neutral" to include any victims of DV instead of current "women and children" only, feminist groups need to agressively oppose this. Why deny male victims of DV? Yes, it does happen because just like all races or all males, there are also good women and evil women. Men suffering from DV don't suffer as much from physical violence but more from false accusations in court or having children used against him. Why are biological dads constantly denied of their parental rights in adoption cases? Why are feminist lobbying groups opposed to giving the guy a fair shake in court for his child?

You know that's not true. Perhaps so many men detest feminism because the cause of feminism has been hijacked?

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                      Sinjin, I regard you among the open-minded among the HTers. What do you mean about our femininity?
                      As I suspect I am not without the taint of misogyny, I will attempt to address this as soon as I can get a pedicure. Me thinks I might end up with my foot in my mouth and therefore I would want the flavor to be as pleasant as possible. Bear with me, please.
                      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Sorry, I don't agree.

This is the language police of the feminst left always making the woman the victim.

Lets see, beyond abstinence, there are condoms, pills, IUDs, diaphragms, speracides and even wise "timing" methods.

But when an unmarried girl or woman gets pregnant, its EQUALLY the mans fault. Yeah right.

You know what is obnoxious anapuni808? Being so irresponsible and/or selfish and or just plain stupid to intentionally bring a child into this world with no intention to at least attempt to raise it by at least 1 mother and 1 father. And that obnoxious attitude is the norm today because people like you will lash out at anyone who suggests that it was the girls fault for getting pregnant.

Women get pregnant. They know that. Should Men consider their actions? Sure. But ultimately it is the womans fault with the exception of criminal rape and the very very few birth control "failures" that might occur.
                        You make absolutely no sense at all! How did you get the above from my posting about medical insurance? You know absolutely nothing about me. I can't tell if you're accusing me of being an unwed mother (not the case), a rabid feminist bitch (not the case) or just flaunting your ignorance. Whatever the case, this will be my last response to your insane postings. Go off some place & take a chill pill, get your head on straight and then come back & make lucid postings. You usually make sense - this has to be an aberration.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

In the political arena, women are making slow gains in equality. Here is a list of women who occupy the top positions in their governments (the most recent one is in India this year).

This website looks at the generational changes between women who have been elected to Congress. We are now into the 4th generation of this cycle.

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                            I tried hard to stay out of this conversation. Feminism, like unions, started as a good thing but I think factions or certain groups under the label have abused the progress made and have used the advantages to exact "revenge" on men in general. Why do I say that? Because I fail to see why when a men's rights group filing a class action lawsuit to simply reword funding for domestic violence shelters to the words "gender neutral" to include any victims of DV instead of current "women and children" only, feminist groups need to agressively oppose this. Why deny male victims of DV? Yes, it does happen because just like all races or all males, there are also good women and evil women. Men suffering from DV don't suffer as much from physical violence but more from false accusations in court or having children used against him. Why are biological dads constantly denied of their parental rights in adoption cases? Why are feminist lobbying groups opposed to giving the guy a fair shake in court for his child?
                            Thank you for putting it so well joshuatree.
                            It has in many ways become a revenge tactic as opposed to an equality achiever. Since equal opportunity by definition, means the same chance to all parties concerned. While revenge is exacting some form of punishment. Guess we all still have some work to do, eh?!

I've been very general in my responses on this thread up till now, as I see others have brought personal life experiences on board...

Being born in '62 means that my whole life I've been indoctrinated with a different view towards women than previous generations of males. Agreed?

My Mother was one that always was way ahead of her time. She got divorced in the fifties to leave an abusive husband along with other fairly advanced actions.
                            My first wife and I left Hawaii for California while still teens, got married and had a daughter there. A few years later we got divorced (I wasn't perfect but not the true cause of it). We had promised each other previously and at that time that we'd move back to Hawaii to raise her. It was on our divorce papers.

First I was court ordered to sell my 31' sailboat because it was "community" property. While she knows that she invested no money or energy into that boat. Sure loved to sail the bay on it though. Anyways...

I left for Hawaii first with our daughter and when her mother arrived I gladly let her take a turn. Well she split back to Cali, having not quit her job or breaking up with the man she was having the affair with. She destroyed him later but that's another story. I couldn't afford to go back now and since our papers were from there I'd have to deal with it there. So I ended up becoming the "Summertime" Dad. Along with 15 years of child support for a daughter I hardly got to see. Her mother moved with her to Australia when she was 6. My daughter had 3 actual (married to her mother) step-dads and numerous boyfriends in between. None of this was my choice. Not what I wanted. Seems more like a "Man in a women's world" to me???

She's 24 now and working on her Master's in psychology.

Thanks for listening everyone. I'll get off the couch now.
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

MM, California is the definitive COMMUNITY PROPERTY state ........... sorry about your sailboat, among other things.

Comment

"...show me a man who declares that his mother was a strong woman, and yet detests feminists and feminism, and i'll show you a man who is still a little, snot-faced, snivelling, tantrumy whiny brat of a boy inside, impotently ever struggling yet always failing to earn his mother's love and approval."
                                And show me a woman that still complains about how bad it is, while driving her own car to work after dropping her kid off at school/daycare, then gets home in the evening where her man takes her out to dinner and pays for a babysitter and I'll show you...
                                oh never mind!

"We may never be equal but deserve the opportunity that equality provides."
                                I borrowed this from an earlier post.

I'm done with this thread. I wish us all the very best.
                                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X