Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer on the beach!!!!

Hi Guys!

My husband and I are walking along a Cornish beach yesterday and talking about our future in Hawaii. One of the comments he made was that we both have to work hard in Hawaii in order to meet the standard of living and have a bit of luxury in life. However, his luxury is quite cheap. All he wants is a relaxing weekend: play football/soccer, go boggie boarding with his son, watch the sunset, drink a bottle or two of his favourite beer on the beach and relax.

Is it prohibited to be drinking alcoholic drinks on Hawaiian beaches? What is the current law about alcoholic drinks in public places?

I am looking forward to your input guys.

Re: Beer on the beach!!!!

On the island of Oahu it is.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      On the island of Oahu it is.
      Unless it is an event sponsored by the State or City.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

In the state of Hawaii, it's illegal to drink in public, period. Even open containers in public are technically illegal.

Our police department also strictly enforces DUI laws, which is good. Been there, busted by that long time ago. Live and learn. Fortunately I only got pulled over and never injured someone else or myself. And that's my confession for the day. My apologies for not being perfect.

Of course no one will bother you if you're cool and just sipping somethin' casually with friends.

Drink responsibly, and most of all, don't drink and drive.

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

Comment

What Pomai said. If you're not somewhere teeming with people and you're not causing problems, you'll be pretty much left alone. It also helps if you're discreet, so at least if any men in blue are about, they can pretend they don't know what you're doing. Do you know what a koozie is?
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It's all about the RED CUPS.

http://www.beerolympics.org/

Comment

A Bubba-Keg, with a screw on lid, will hold 2 - 12 oz beers, keeping them cold for an hour or more.

Just tell them it's coffee.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I prefer McDonald's extra large cups! And they are available in Waiks!
                  Sing with me, everyone!
                  "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
                  like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------
                  http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
                  The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
                  http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

There's a whole list of prohibited activities on beaches such as Ala Moana. No drinks, no pets, no staying after dark, no littering, no fireworks, ect. and there are a some people that want yet more rules.

Hawaii = A Nanny State

Comment

Have you noticed how beer bottles, broken or not, are left all over at places we like to go to? Few tourists would do that so that only leaves us locals! I've never understood that, since these same people will probably be frequenting that very place again soon. Why leave it a mess???
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                        Have you noticed how beer bottles, broken or not, are left all over at places we like to go to? Few tourists would do that so that only leaves us locals! I've never understood that, since these same people will probably be frequenting that very place again soon. Why leave it a mess???
                        Unfortunately, I think that is mostly kids at night. A bunch of us here will go around picking stuff up in the morning or afternoon when we come across it. Then the next morning, there are more bottles. Cigarette butts are another issue. Most of the "grown-ups" are very aware of the trash situation and try to make sure they don't leave stuff.

Comment

You've heard the term: "YOUTH ............ it's wasted on the young!"

Our young still have lots to learn.

Comment

There are some beaches on the Big Island where drinking beer is allowed. Coming from Oahu, I was stunned at that. When the county council considered banning public drinking, it failed. Apparently drinking is a way of life here on the Big Island and this ban would be too disruptive of that lifestyle. And we wonder why the Big Island has the highest DUI's in the state. Hmmm....
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                              ...Hawaii = A Nanny State
                              Lol...and more baby boomaz...day stay a comin' for you

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                              Thank you! Very true! I drink responsibly...but pretty regularly...in public places (and don't drive afterwards). I don't leave bottles nor cigarette butts myself (I always pinch out the cherry, then trash the butt), and pick up bottles I see and leave them next to trash cans (for the guys and ladys who collect on a daily basis.) Most of the bottles I see are Heines and Buds. Come on, localz, I know it's you...you guys gotta leave the beaches better than how it was when you got there. Especially at Diamond Head! Naupaka doesn't grow on glass gonfunnit! Cut the opala out! (yes...I'm yelling )
                              Last edited by DKP; July 31, 2007, 09:33 PM. Reason: Drunk...but at home...so...it's responsible :)
                              Sing with me, everyone!
                              "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
                              like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
                              http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
                              The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
                              http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X