Tipping flower delivery drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipping flower delivery drivers

Everyone Tips Servers/Waitstaff at restaurants.
    Most people tip cabbies and pizza delivery drivers...
    bellman...housekeeping...etc...
    Now, about flowers...
    Do you give flower delivery drivers a tip when they deliver flowers to you?

As for me...I'm the driver!!! I want to know what you guys think.
    Yes, always
    25.00%
    Yes, but only if I have a few dollars laying around
    0.00%
    No, the sender already paid for the delivery
    25.00%
    No, since I didn't order them for myself!
    8.33%
    Never thought of tipping the delivery person
    16.67%
    Nobody sends me flowers
    25.00%

Re: Tipping flower delivery drivers

I would tip him if he didn't do a horrible job.

But I don't get flowers. Maybe because I'm a guy. The exception would be leis but those are usually given in-person.

Comment

Only once has anyone sent me flowers. The card read "thanks for last night".

I assembled her bookcase.

Comment

I don't get flowers anymore... don't like them, anyway. But, I work in an office and I often receive flower deliveries for office staff. I don't tip, since I didn't order them nor am I the recipient.

Comment

I don't get flowers and my wife gets mad if I buy them for her. As it is, she's happy with a single rose for her special occasions or a small arrangement from places like Foodland.

The flower shop I used go to charges $15 more for delivery than if I walked out with flowers. A $45 arrangement would cost me $60 delivered. Das wai da wife come mad. She'd rather spend that money at a favorite restaurant.

Tipping? I don't even think about it especially if I've already paid a fairly hefty delivery fee.

Comment

Senora, what would you say is a fair tip?

Comment

Originally posted by Senora View Post
              Do you give flower delivery drivers a tip when they deliver flowers to you?

As for me...I'm the driver!!! I want to know what you guys think.
              I've never gotten flowers & probably would tip IF I ever got some. Don't know how much, though. I'd be sooo shocked that I'd probably give the person a couple of bucks, like I do for pizza deliverers.

Now, after I left the Navy, I was the driver, too. I got a job at Polynesian Exotics, a flower shop / liquor store combo in Waikiki on Nahua; PE had a branch at the Sears Ala Moana Ctr then.

In three years of delivering flowers ('71 thru '74), I can't ever recall getting a tip. Thinking about it, I mighta turned it down. Being a broke UH student living on the GI Bill, I coulda used it, too.
              Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                Senora, what would you say is a fair tip?
                A dollar or two (or more-depending on size, if its raining hard, etc..) would be nice, expecially during the major Holidays, but that is totally up to the recipient.
                But really, just to make someone's day a little brighter with flowers- whether they are sick in the hospital, or celebrating a new baby, birthday, or "thanks for last night" (hahaha). It's just nice to be able to put a smile on someone's face. But sometimes you do run into the sourpuss who you totally think "who the heck could be sending her flowers?????" Everyone's situation is different I guess.
                I also turned away tips a few times which they were offered, but they usually say "No, please I insist"...

When I was a kid, my grandpa would bring me along on deliveries and I would come with him to the door, and I would sometimes get a dollar or two tip from whoever opened the door. I didn't really care about the tip, cause I knew he would take me out for shave ice, or mini bento or a yummy snack somewhere afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                X