holiday gift shopping tips and trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: holiday gift shopping tips and trips

I found the funniest thing that I'm going to buy for my boys.

This set can be found for $4.99 at the Lego shop online. I don't know why I think it's so cute but I do. I know they will dig having their own salt and pepper shakers at the table.

I am not buying this for Christmas though, just as a fun thing to randomly give them. I thought I'd post it incase anyone else thought it was cute to buy, maybe as a Christmas stocking idea or something?
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

A certain woman with her own online shop (who already posted on this thread) will be helping me with a few holiday gifts, once I figure out what I want exactly.
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

One of the reasons I have been mourning (yeah, strong word) my inability to make holiday shopping decisions is that I am such a strong book-giver when it comes to those meaningful occasions. Aside from gift cards to help loved ones in need (and I am quite the fan as both giver and receiver), nothing says love and respect like a worthy, beautiful, meaningful book. I ~live~ for the hunt, searching high and low for that quirky gem!

Back in early 2006 my favorite bookseller went bankrupt. I held on tightly to their last mail-out catalog and did my "homage shopping" by rifling through it and making meaningful choices based on whatever I read about this/that book.

Walking through a bookstore just isn't the same, and don't get me wrong; I am at my happiest when inside a bookstore. But to find that perfect book...I need a catalog to help me out (a book club would be easier, but hey, who has the time; catalog is much quicker!)

I think that when I can find that great book catalog again, then all will be right with me in the world when it comes to communicating with loved ones, with regards to gift-giving.

pax

Comment

Puai.

i'd suggest
          Kirby Wright's Molokai Nui Ahina book for some of those on your list.

Comment

We have a big family - not all of whom could afford to buy presents for everyone. We decided a few years back that the best part of presents was getting together and opening them Christmas Day. So we went to having "dollar" Christmas. We put a limit on everyone - say $10. Then get silly dollar store stuff. No item more than $5. Each person has a whole load of presents to open and everyone has a good time. And somtimes the silly dollar items turn out to be useful too.

Of course, Santa is another story........

PM - I agree with you whole-heartedly about books! There is no better gift. Now if we could only convince the kids.......

Comment

Working...
            X