To The A**Hole In The Blue Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To The A**Hole In The Blue Mustang

"Overworked and understaffed" is always the excuse. Been that way for decades and will probably continue in the future. Sorry to sound so cynical, but living in Wahiawa and knowing/seeing/hearing the problems we have, the cops seem to do a whole lot of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
      "Overworked and understaffed" is always the excuse. Been that way for decades and will probably continue in the future. Sorry to sound so cynical, but living in Wahiawa and knowing/seeing/hearing the problems we have, the cops seem to do a whole lot of nothing.
      It's not cynical, it's true. If it's not a murder, child abduction, or something big, you're not gonna be priority #1. Which is why I suggested that if TATTRAT can pursue leads with the DMV, do so, do whatever investigative work one can do legally and if you hit on something, pass it over to the police. That should pressure them to act.

Comment

I've been wondering about how you were actually injured in this incident, Tatt. You mention that you were plowed over by the A**hole in the blue Mustang. Were you physically hit by the Mustang, or did you have to take some extreme evasive action in order to avoid really being slammed by it? I'm thinking that if you were hit by the Mustang, surely there must be some sort of body damage that, (if the Mustang was indeed a typical tourist Mustang ragtop, as you suspect it is) is eventully going to have to be explained to the auto rental agency. Isn't Hertz a big renter of Ford products? If you have to start doing some research on your own, I wonder if you could somehow access the list of blue convertable Mustangs that Hertz rents in Honolulu, through a police request, if such an action exists, and see if there are any that have been reported as damaged with a license plate ending in 838? For your sake, I sincerely hope it doesn't come down to where you have to fight this battle on your own and the HPD can come through for you. I wish you the best of luck in this, and I hope you keep us all apprised of what comes of it all.

Comment

Tatt...I agree with the others. You need to be proactive. Maybe the HT Posse can help?

You may not get any financial restitution but it might give you some satisfaction knowing that the perp was revealed.

Please update us on your injuries. How are you feeling?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Tatt...I agree with the others. You need to be proactive. Maybe the HT Posse can help?

You may not get any financial restitution but it might give you some satisfaction knowing that the perp was revealed.

Please update us on your injuries. How are you feeling?

Proactive, yes. And why do I feel now that when I call THEM, I AM BOTHERING THEM?! I mean damn, Sorry to ask if you are doing your job! A little more then frustrated...

At this point, even though I COULD grow the Magnum P.I. mustache, and I am on the right island, no amount of my sleuthing will/would amount to much. I would love nothing more then to see the person that clipped me, but I feel like I will not have that satisfaction. Not a matter of money, or suing, I just want to give the person a piece of my mind, seriously, WTF!...n/m, I am cool for real. I know karma can be a bitch...

As far as injuries, I am SORE. My knee has taken on some very interesting colors(bruising, not infection), my face looks like hell(nothing new there:-)), and overall, people think I am still done up for Halloween.

My work has been super cool with everything. I spent the last couple of days doing nothing more then popping a few pills, having an adult beverage and napping in 3 hour intervals. A great friend, and chef, flew in on Halloween and was WAY bummed to see me and hear of this. Today, I felt guilty for laying around(knowing he didn't come 18hrs to sit at the condo)and got out this morning and hobbled around all day showing him the sights. Everything from Pali lookout and all the way around(the long way) to the Chinaman's hat...I AM BEAT! WAAAAAAAY Over did it. Now my leg hurts, and my arms from the damn crutches...

...Sorry about the long post/rant.
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              A couple of years ago we had a theft situation here and we were able to provide the police with a security cam photo and with five of the six letters/numbers on the license plate.
              They never pursued the matter.

My wife got her purse stolen out of our VW Vanagon while at Kanewai park near UH. I called HPD and the police woman told me she couldn't lift the very obvious fingerprints off of the sliding glass window of our van. Despite an eyewitness that gave a very solid description of the car and suspect (w/license plate number), the case remains cold. That was back in the early 90's.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

"Cold Case" Files seem to be an epidemic.

Perhaps ther should be a "SOLVED Mysteries' show for HI?
                flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                  "Cold Case" Files seem to be an epidemic. Perhaps ther should be a "SOLVED Mysteries' show for HI?
                  It would have to be a one-time "special" as opposed to a weekly "show" since there are only enough Solved cases for one episode.
                  Seriously, I somewhat understand HPD's problem, as they're so horribly understaffed while at the same time overwhelmed with cases. They obviously have to prioritize based on the severity of the crime. And I seem to recall reading that HPD ranks pretty high nationally in solving cases.
                  Anyway, I hope you get satisfaction, one way or another. Ever consider hiring a private investigator to follow up on the leads you do have?
                  Hope you feel better soon, brah.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Yo, Tatt -- any new developments?
                    How ya healing?
                    Update, please!

Comment

Thanks for asking...

Healing=Pretty well, the face healed up ok, my knee is finally scab free but raw pink flesh, hand and feet the same. The joint itself is really stiff. I went to the North Shore today and did a bit of bodyboarding and I am a little sore, but I feel better.

As far as the law is concerned, Ihave not heard a THING. Whenever I call the HPD, they kinda give me the feeling like I am VERY low on the priority list. At this point, I feel nothing is going to come of it.

Once again, thanks for your concern! many mahalos!
                      flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

Man,

I just read this now. Sorry to hear about this TATT. Amazing, the guy just left huh ?

Hope you're doin ok. I had a very near miss last night in Santa Monica with the misses. We were on the little road going out onto the pier, where there are TONS of peds walking everywhere.

Half our fault,as we decided to cross the street suddenly, but the guy was STOPPED. By the time we got in front of his GIANT SUV he put pedal to metal, basically floored it and just missed us. I yelled when he was coming at us. He didn't even brake.

We could easily have ended up looking like you or worse. The guys fat friend just looked at us from the passenger window...No "I'm sorry" gesture or anything. A##HOLES.

Well, I hope they catch the bastard that did this to you.
                        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Damn, tikiyaki. Glad you and your better half are unscathed.

Seems like some people are just oblivious to what is going on around the...not good when behind the wheel of 2 TON vehicle.
                          flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                          God

Comment

Thanks for the update, Tatt. Please let us know IF they ever catch the basta*d.
                            Good news about your health -- the ocean heals all.

Comment

Tatt,
                              Great to hear you're feeling better. And just in time for the holidays! I'm hoping we all make it safely through this hectic time of year.
                              "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Wow! Sorry but just read this thread just now too. Glad to hear that you're recovering. Hit and run... that's messed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X