Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Toddler thrown onto freeway

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    Sadly, innocents die at the hands of the insane.

K>
    Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    This sad excuse for a mother was not 'insane'. She was a crook, a scammer, a selfish drug and crime addled individual, who's irresposible choices resulted in an innocent child's violent death.
    He can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Kaonohi is referring to Matthew Higa (the suspect in this case), not Nancy Chanco.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Baby Cyrus seemed to be surrounded by despicable humans. Poor little guy never had a chance.
      "Surrounded by depsicable humans." You're not exaggerating.

Let's run them down, shall we?

1) Nancy Chanco (mother) - ice user. Past criminal history of theft, contempt of court.

2) David Belt (biological father) - ice user. Was serving time in prison on drug charges at the time of Cyrus' death. (Since released.)

3) Lilo Asiata (grandfather) - drug dealer. Known as the Godfather of Waikiki.

4) Shane Mizusawa (mother's boyfriend) - ice user.

5) Shelton Higa and 6) Matthew Higa (neighbors) - father & son who smoked ice with Chanco.

As far as David Belt's lawsuit is concerned,..... what a joke! If that man cared anything about his son while he was alive, he would have straightened out his life and stayed out of trouble after Cyrus was born. Instead, he gets incarcerated and it was in confinement that David Belt hears about his son's death. And now he wants to sue??? Fine, let him sue Matthew Higa, Nancy Chanco, and Lilo Asiata. But the state should be immune from any liability for this. If the "concerned" father wants to cash in on his son's death, not one cent should come from taxpayer money.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        Let's run them down, shall we?
        I suspect there are many who would like to do just that.

With the resurrection of this thread comes resurgence of the sadness.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
          He can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Kaonohi is referring to Matthew Higa (the suspect in this case), not Nancy Chanco.
          As far as 'insanity,' I have heard it described as: DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT.

I think that may apply to many of the principals.

FWIW, T, I hold anyone involved as at least partially responsible.
          The perp, the mom, the dad, other relatives, caretakers and friends....
          SOMEONE should have been in the right place at the right time with the right people. If not: someone, or someones screwed up.

Sorry - this is inexcusable. Argue if you will, I will not be moved.
          Perhaps someone made a mistake... hired an incompetent caretaker... but why? If you care for your children, you screen your caretakers, or care for them yourself.
          Last edited by Kaonohi; January 29, 2010, 06:08 PM. Reason: InSaNiTy!
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Until we have a system to separate mentally ill from the general population, we can expect more such incidents.
            I'm curious as to what you mean by this.
            Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
            Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Until we have a system to separate mentally ill from the general population, we can expect more such incidents.
              Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
              Me too.

Auntie Pupule
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I said:
                It is sad that an innocent was sacrificed to mentally ill parents and caretakers.

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                Me too.

Auntie Pupule
                Well, let's see...

We licence people to:
                drive cars,
                drive trucks,
                fly airplanes,
                carry guns,
                own guns,
                sell guns,
                run a business (tax 'license'),
                teach elementary & high school,
                do massage,
                engage in certain other professions, etc.

The most important job in the world (being a parent) requires almost nothing: no license, no approval, no test, no oversight. All you need is the right equipment connected at the right time with no preventive measures. So easy even a cave person....

There are no required courses, little if any public education, and even their parents may have taught them nothing.

What is the leading cause of death in the world? Birth, of course; becoming a parent.

If we want to prevent, or reduce or even postpone deaths such as this thread examines we must take steps.

Obviously, obtaining a licence to become a parent is not currently feasible in America - it may already be de rigueur in China. We can, however have classes, mandatory classes, in parenting either late in elementary school or early in high school. Not sex education - too many religious groups already have opposed that - parenting education.

We CAN, and should, license childcare - even baby sitting. Take a class, pass a test, get a license. And there should be mental health screening of caretakers to prevent such events as this one we're discussing.

The most important job in the world, and it's left up to amateurs.

No wonder.

That clear it up?

K!
                ~ ~

Comment

No.

I will take it to PM.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    No.

I will take it to PM.

Auntie Lynn
                    Sometimes I'm a bit obscure and too loquacious on top of it.

Short, simple version:

1. We need comprehensive training in parenting for everyone wanting to become a parent. Basic stuff that lets people know the immense responsibility it is.

2. We need licensing for child caretakers other than parents. This registration would also include screening out of people who are potentially obviously dangerous, not everyone with mental illness (many people are able to be good parents and caretakers if their condition is managed).
                    Felons, repeat misdemeanors, former bullies, etc., can be identified and can work elsewhere.

How's that?

K?
                    ~ ~

Comment

Agreed.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

In the news again today:
                        Higa's attourney is contending that the child was dead before Higa threw it into traffic.
                        The allegations include the actions of the boyfriend of the mother.

Children should not have children. Parents need to be responsible!

K?
                        Last edited by Kaonohi; January 31, 2010, 01:06 PM. Reason: Kause! That's Y!
                        ~ ~

Comment

In the news again today:
                          Higa's attourney is contending that the child was dead before Higa threw it into traffic.
                          The allegations include the actions of the boyfriend of the mother.

Children should not have children. Parents need to be responsible!

K?
                          K-den!

Can the autopsy prove that the body of Cyrus Belt was deceased before Higa took him and threw him off the freeway?
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I suspect not otherwise they would not have charged Higa with murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              K-den!

Can the autopsy prove that the body of Cyrus Belt was deceased before Higa took him and threw him off the freeway?
                              In the Star-Bulletin it was controversial:
                              1. Lack of bruises on Cyrus' body, autopsy inconclusive so far,
                              2. Mom's comments about freeway cameras (??? were there any?).

Looks like something for the courts to decide.

What an awful moment in our history....
                              ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                "Surrounded by depsicable humans." You're not exaggerating.(...)Fine, let him sue Matthew Higa, Nancy Chanco, and Lilo Asiata. But the state should be immune from any liability for this. If the "concerned" father wants to cash in on his son's death, not one cent should come from taxpayer money.
                                Absolutely right, FM.
                                Perhaps part of the problem is that the State continues to support people who refuse to support themselves. They get a stipend for food and lodging and resort to criminal activities to support their drug habit.

I don't have an answer - just the question: are we doing this right?

K*
                                Last edited by Kaonohi; January 31, 2010, 02:51 PM. Reason: 2 Acknowledge FM's smarts.
                                ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                                X