Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you look your age?

Originally posted by nkth View Post
    Hated it when I was young, but love looking younger than my age now!!!
    Same here!

When I was 6months preggers with oldest DD, came up to visit the in-laws and attend hubby 5th high school class reunion. We were at the Science museum here in Boston. I was 25 yrs old at the time. While standing in the cafe line a woman came up to me and started bitching to me about me being a pregnant teenager. I just laughed at her then I ordered the largest double cheeseburger...mmmm.......

I spend a lot of time shopping with youngest DD and grandchildren. Peeps think that I'm DD's friend....

A couple of months ago I had a co-worker ask me what elementary school sys my kids attend. She was shocked when I told her that they are out of college and I have grandchildren.

Last summer one of the ladies I golf with was surprised to find out I had grandchildren. She thought I was 30! I told her "not with a 25year old daughter!"

When peeps tell me I look young for my age, I always reply with, "I know!"

Lovena
    Lovena

Comment

When my 4-year old son was still an appendage to my left arm/waist, I would walk around the mall or at the bank during the days and people would say, "My what an adorable grandson you have" Hmmm...I should have put him in the arms of my 12-year old boy and say take care of your own kids next time, just to see the look on their face
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I used to look older than I was...
        Then for a while I looked younger than I was...
        And now I'm just right!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          And now I'm just right!

25 right?

Comment

Strangely enough, I go both ways. I guess it depends if I got lucky the previous night

Most people still think I'm in my 30's when they meet me, but when I tell them I'm 45...they usually stare for a bit...and then say, "yeah, that sounds about right"

And then there are the times when I'm out and a hot 21+ girl will walk by me when going to the bathroom and say "excuse me uncle". That hurts more than anything.

And AbsoluteChaos, I'm dying to know how old you are now. My guess would be 27-ish. Does my guess give me a "thank you" or a slippah whack ?

DD
            www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
              And AbsoluteChaos, I'm dying to know how old you are now. My guess would be 27-ish. Does my guess give me a "thank you" or a slippah whack ?
              DD
              Haha--you are very, very close--only off by a year, actually.

Comment

And then there are the times when I'm out and a hot 21+ girl will walk by me when going to the bathroom and say "excuse me uncle". That hurts more than anything.
                I prefer that to the alternative: "outta my way, creepy old guy."

Comment

Strangely enough, I go both ways. I guess it depends if I got lucky the previous night

Most people still think I'm in my 30's when they meet me, but when I tell them I'm 45...they usually stare for a bit...and then say, "yeah, that sounds about right"

DD

For some reason lots of young people here call the older generation aunty or uncle. Man I never knew I had so many neices and nephews until I came to Hilo

Comment

I think the "look younger than your age" thing runs in my family as people think that my dad and I are brothers.

I get carded all the time. I think it's the way I dress. I still wear a ball cap and have a younger disposition about myself.

My wife is the same age as me (33), and I always get asked "so how old is your wife anyway?" because people think she's still a teen as she's the pretty petite asian lady who still fits and wears the same clothes as in high school/college, because she's frugal. No one ever guesses she had our son either. I think that's hillarious people still ask me heh.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      For some reason lots of young people here call the older generation aunty or uncle. Man I never knew I had so many neices and nephews until I came to Hilo
                      the flipside of this is how often I find myself defaulting to "this is my nephew" upon introductions, instead of explaining the eight degrees of integration that enjoins our lives. (I usually say "this is my 'ohana" more often than anything).

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                        And now I'm just right!
                        Since I was already married and had a daughter by 20, people would think I was 25 or slightly older.
                        Then up to around 35 people would still guess around 27!
                        So I guess I looked somewhat the same for close to 20 years!

But now, balding and gray in my beard, "I" think I look 46ish?
                        Not quite sure what others believe?
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X