What's that smell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's that smell?

Da Rolling Eye, oh no! No one really DID that to you?! I can't fathom that happening and having to put up with it. You needed like a ton of potpourri, the quality kind, to bake in that car for a week in the sun, or.....well, how is it, now? Still being driven??
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
      Busted a gut laughing at this!!
      I was inspired by your "forum-monogamous" comment a while back, Karen

Thank you for making my time at my desk anything but...work. Actually HT has a lot of folks that do just that.
      Ditto. I read HT way too much at work. Meh. If they made work more interesting it wouldn't be a problem

I gotta crash. Hope you have a great weekend. aloha huggz~
      Sleep well and have a good one too.
      Last edited by MyopicJoe; April 26, 2008, 12:44 PM.
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
      "
      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
        Try leaving a bag of garbage in the trunk of a car for a week, parked in the sun. Thought something up and died in some obscure nook under the back seat.
        That was around 7 years ago and it still comes out when we park it out in the sun. Tried everything including carpet deoderizer with baking soda, Febreeze, Lysol, whatever's supposed to kill odors. HAH!
        oh, boy! talk about ripe!

reminds me of the time we left an empty kim chee bottle in the recycling bin in the car in the sun (talk about run on sentence). phew! that smell lasted for days.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Is it the new Advertiser website?
          Burl Burlingame
          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Didja ever smell something and immediately it started to bring back a memory from many years back, probably from your childhood? Oh man, I can't even remember precise details but I smelled something a few mos. back and then it brought back the old toys from the sixties, the kaleidoscopes that were in long tubes. Man! that took me to my childhood house in Austin, Tx. and a couple of other memories.

Trips my trigger when that happens. It's priceless...

Comment

Didja ever smell something and immediately it started to bring back a memory from many years back...Trips my trigger when that happens. It's priceless...
              The cascade of memories when you catch a wisp of scent is delightful, even when the memory is a bit embarassing.
              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
              "
              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

impromptu toilet leads to jail: http://starbulletin.com/2008/04/26/news/story09.html

what the heck was this guy thinking? imagine the stench?!
                "chaos reigns within.
                reflect, repent and reboot.
                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                  Is it the new Advertiser website?
                  I'm with you on that one!

Comment

One of my favorite smells will never ever come back. That is the colored popcorn that eminated throughout most of the Downtown Hilo Kress Store that is long gone.

Speaking of "That Smell"....

http://www.youtube.com/v/sV_toedW2L0&hl=en
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      One of my favorite smells will never ever come back. That is the colored popcorn that eminated throughout most of the Downtown Hilo Kress Store that is long gone.

Good one, mel. I like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjAPoN8qs0Q

Comment

Good posts! Man, waking up and smelling bacon or ham and eggs, and baking bread/biscuits takes me back to my childhood weekends. It isn't so much about the food either, it takes me back to the time of what seems a million weekend mornings, Sundays mostly when the family wasn't all rushing out the door, a relaxed, family time and the way Mom made the house smell but we all greatly contributed to...cuz of the love.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post

When it comes to popcorn, I could be blindfolded and could tell when I was on the ground floor of Sears Ala Moana back in the 60's where the popcorn machine was located, filling those cardboard boxes full of those popped kernels.

Itsu's is the place to go for flavored/colored popcorn in Hilo nowdays.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Good posts! Man, waking up and smelling bacon or ham and eggs, and baking bread/biscuits takes me back to my childhood weekends. It isn't so much about the food either, it takes me back to the time of what seems a million weekend mornings, Sundays mostly when the family wasn't all rushing out the door, a relaxed, family time and the way Mom made the house smell but we all greatly contributed to...cuz of the love.

Gee one thing that made me consider moving here to the Big Island was when I was living in Kaimuki and I would wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs. Oh yeah my wife's up and making breakfast for us.

Then I realized it was my neighbor Mr. Wee making breakfast for his family next door. My bedroom window and his kitchen window were about 12-feet apart and unfortunately I lived downwind from him. Darn.

Comment

Craig, LOL! Dang bummer......I hear ya. Our first lot in Mililani was so small that I could hear neighbors sneeze and things like that.

Comment

Craig, LOL! Dang bummer......I hear ya. Our first lot in Mililani was so small that I could hear neighbors sneeze and things like that.
                                The first time I saw a zero-property lot was in Waipio Gentry when we were setting up remote reading gas meters there. I had to get the permission from the tenant/homeowner and the adjacent neighbor to work on a meter. Oh man the horror stories I could tell you about the things I saw people do to their neighbor's walls.

Comment

Working...
                                X