Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is/are your most pressing problem(s) right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is/are your most pressing problem(s) right now?

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
    Until what age do you think brother and sister could share a room, if ever?
    My older brother and sister shared an attic/bedroom until we moved to a different city; she was 12, he was 14, they were ready for their own spaces at that point.

Comment

[...]Until what age do you think brother and sister could share a room, if ever?
      I shared a room with my younger brother until I was almost 14. BTW, my brother is 12 years younger than I! I got real tired of middle-of-the-night, smelly diapers!

Comment

Today's most pressing problem? It's tonight's annual meeting of my condo building's AOAO. 'Nuff said for now!

Comment

I have a son and a daughter and live in a 2 bedroom apartment. I need to buy a 3 bedroom(at least) house. Until what age do you think brother and sister could share a room, if ever?
          Give the kids each a bedroom and the parents get a couch in the living room.

(that's what happens over here)
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

My most pressing problem right NOW is dealing with the two mounds of laundry I have to fold before my wife comes back from Honolulu tomorrow evening...and I just can't get myself around to doing it as I'm addicted to HT at the same time.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              My most pressing problem right NOW is dealing with the two mounds of laundry I have to fold before my wife comes back from Honolulu tomorrow evening...and I just can't get myself around to doing it as I'm addicted to HT at the same time.

Don't feel bad, we are all in the same boat, too ,

Sometimes, I think we all should go to a (some kind of) HTA
              (Hawaii Threads Anonymous) lol.

Hi My name is Serenity, & I'm addicted to HT. lol.

We would all have laptops with us while sitting on a chair, emailing, messenging, hanging out in a forum internet, etc. probably. lol. And using that as part of our communication tool. lol.

Seriously, Hope you ended up finishing up all your laundry. Good luck.

I know that laundries can never wash themselves. Darn it!!. lol.

A hui Hou
              Last edited by Serenity; March 3, 2008, 10:31 PM.
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

If you ask me, mine is more so on the Physical side of my ailments. (NO JOKE!.) which never 100% heals & goes away. That part of that aging thing!!. Darn it all!! If I had known I would have such problems when I would get older,

I wouldn't have gotten older to begin with. lol. I would have staid young as as much as possible. lol.

Sheeesh. lol.
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                  That part of that aging thing!!. Darn it all!! If I had known I would have such problems when I would get older, I wouldn't have gotten older to begin with.
                  As the Alpha Female likes to tell me, when I complain about the effects of aging: it beats the alternative.

Comment

Ya know my wife is the Omega female as she's the last one for me. Can't go on looking for number two or three for that matter when the one you're with is still alive and kicking.

Anyway today is yesterday's tomorrow and the laundry is folded, now I just have one more load in the dryer for me to fold in a short while

Right now my most pressing problem at 1pm is realizing my watch didn't correct for the leap year and here I was waiting for DirecTV to hook up and I realize March 5th is tomorrow!

Oh yeah and I just went online and checked our joint checking account and realized my wife went to Iwilei Costco yesterday and bought the minimum $100 in stuff while in Honolulu. I'm wondering what she'll be packing in her luggage when she comes back. She has told me she wanted an indoor water fountain for her Hilo office...hmmm...

AND I just finished writing a check to Hilo Urgent Care for some work done on my 21-year old boy's sinus'. He paid the $20 co-pay and United Healthcare was supposed to pick up the rest. Well I find my cheapo Home Depot health insurance coverage doesn't include URGENT or Emergency reimbursement, so I had to pay an additional $300 for my boy's medical treatment.

His girlfriend is on Quest and she tells me she doesn't have to pay a dime. Normally I wouldn't even consider a state subsidy while I'm able-bodied and can earn a living enough to pay for health insurance. But man I'm working to cover my kids under some kind of health insurance and am still paying for the full amount because here on the Big Island getting a doctor is difficult at best so you're forced to go to an urgent care facility to take care of immediate health issues where my particular health insurance won't cover me.

So why in the world did my boy have to pay a co-pay if the other side of that payment came from my wallet? What kind of coverage is that?

I never went on any government subsidy because I can work. But gee whiz when I see how Quest can get you free medical insurance that's better than my POS United Healthcare coverage, I wonder why I work at all. I should just quit Home Depot, and let the State of Hawaii pay for my car insurance, health insurance, food bill and whatever else kind of government subsidy is out there for me.

BUT...I don't because I think there are others who really need a subsidy support and for as long as I have my health, I'd be just as bad as the next guy ripping off society if I took it.

As my black and proud co-worker tells me with his fist to his chest, "Pride man I got my pride and das all I need", I look at him and reply with my fist up in the air, "Imua Kamehameha" and we both bust out laughing like some self righteous assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      {{{{{HUGS to WORN}}}}}
                      I know exactly what you're going thru. While not a "problem", it is a tragedy.
                      Thank you. No more words. Just plainass sorrow.

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                      his last name didn't happen to be BIN LADEN?! wouldn't you know it, he's working at HD and craig found him. lol.

the most pressing problem right now for us is that "mom" is end-stage alzheimer's. has been on hospice for some time now because she has adult failure to thrive. she eats and eats, but doesn't gain any weight. she will probably come off hospice in april. that program is supposed to be short term. so anyway the problem is, we hired a caregiver. she's really good with mom. she dropped a bomb shell: "i'm going to the p.i. for 4 months." had we known that, we wouldn't have hired her. so we got someone else, a guy. he goes to drill every first weekend of the month. so we will be trying out another guy tomorrow. he just lost his mom. might be too hard for him. also, he's 6'5'' and barely makes it into the bathroom. mom needs assistance. got some leads from catholic charities. they don't seem to be panning out. anybody here want to work friday, saturday and sunday from 1230pm -730pm. rates are negotiable. no rest for the weary. being a caregiver is very, very stressful!
                      I hope you find that perfect caregiver, Lehua. My Mom in NY has the most wonderful companion. The situation there reminds me of "Driving Miss Daisy" except that the caregiver is a female. You just have to laugh when you see the two of them together---the Bickersons. They routinely give each other a hard time. They're actually growing old together and I think they have bonded wonderfully. It gives great comfort to know that your loved one is being watched after by someone who truly cares.

I can pass your request on to people at work, if you want. PM me if you are still in need.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post

I hope you find that perfect caregiver, Lehua. My Mom in NY has the most wonderful companion. The situation there reminds me of "Driving Miss Daisy" except that the caregiver is a female. You just have to laugh when you see the two of them together---the Bickersons. They routinely give each other a hard time. They're actually growing old together and I think they have bonded wonderfully. It gives great comfort to know that your loved one is being watched after by someone who truly cares.

I can pass your request on to people at work, if you want. PM me if you are still in need.
                        aloha, fellow windwardian (is that a word?!),

right now, we will be alternating between to males. one is a cna and the other is working on getting certified. he also works as a companion at one of the elder care facilities.

i will definitely keep you in mind as one just never knows?! we tried going through catholic charities and other sources, but it didn't pan out. i think it has to do with working on the weekends.

thank you for your support,

kani-lehua from kailua, o'ahu

my, it's a beautiful day!
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        reflect, repent and reboot.
                        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Putting up the new garage door opener. The old one failed the other day. The new opener and "stuff" to put it together sits in the patio awaiting installation. I'm debating whether to attempt to put it up myself or pay someone $300 to do it for me.

Another pressing problem is learning all the new channels for DirecTV. I just pulled the plug on Dish Network yesterday because I hated seeing that stupid "Error" screen on the upper channels for over six months. Plus with DirecTV I opted for the HD package so watching TV has become a wonderful experience.

Comment

MOVING!!!!
                            And, Tatt, I'm so bummed that you're off island right now! Your posts of moving questions and tales of your move have been really helpful and encouraging for me! Hope you can come back soon! (more moving stories?)
                            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                              Give the kids each a bedroom and the parents get a couch in the living room.

(that's what happens over here)
                              My American wife wouldn't hear of it. Where would her oversized bedroom set go?
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Getting replaced by a robot at a job I've held for six years and having my hours emaciated. Anyone need a freelance writer?
                                Don't be mean,
                                try to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X