Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell Us Something We Don't Know

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    Do you agree that green Skittles taste like Pine-Sol?
    Not really knowing what Pine-Sol actually tastes like...

Comment

I've had over 70 stiches put into my head following childhood accidents. Straub was convinced I was abused. Also, I auditioned for Sir Richard Harris for the understudy role of Tom of Warwick when Camelot came to town many years ago, and got the part at his request. But the little bugger I under-ed for never got sick. Blast!
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
        I auditioned for Sir Richard Harris for the understudy role of Tom of Warwick when Camelot came to town many years ago, and got the part at his request. But the little bugger I under-ed for never got sick. Blast!
        If I ever see you, I must remember to yell, "Run, Boy! Ru-u-u-u-nnn!!!" Might make you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Not really knowing what Pine-Sol actually tastes like...
          DuH? Pine-Sol tastes like green Skittles! Man do I have to explain everything to you?
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Okay here I go:

First of all, my ethnicity is Chinese but I like anything Hawaiian ranging from the culture, the language, and the music. I love going to concerts and supporting local Hawaiian musicians who I became friends with. The musicians that I became good friends with are the guys from Kaukahi, the guys from Manoa DNA, Weldon Kekauoha, Bryan Tolentino, and Alika Boy Kalauli IV.
            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

I told Ryan that I'd write this up when an opportunity arose.

My younger brothers (Ted & Kerry) and I left the military around 1970-1971. Me Navy; them Army.

We were all Democrats and lived on School Street above Mitsuba.

While attending UH to finish my ME degree, I became fast friends with Carl, a young Kalani grad. Carl was very active in the Young Republicans.

Somehow, he convinced me to register as a Republican. Why? So I could attend that year's (1972?) Republican convention in the long-gone Dome on the corner near the Hawaiian Village Hotel.

One caveat: I had to convince my brothers to register as Republicans & become my VP, and Secretary / Treasurer of the previously non-existent Republican district. I, of course, was President. They acceded to my request.

While I attended the Platform Committee, I had them attend the Credentials, Rules, etc. Committees.

My brothers tell me that I "forced" them . . . but truss me, no, they're disremembering.
              Last edited by Palama Kid; March 19, 2008, 08:07 PM. Reason: Clarification
              Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                I told Ryan that I'd write this up when an opportunity arose.

My younger brothers (Ted & Kerry) and I left the military around 1970-1971. Me Navy; them Army.

We were all Democrats and lived on School Street above Mitsuba.

While attending UH to finish my ME degree, I became fast friends with Carl, a young Kalani grad. Carl was very active in the Young Republicans.

Somehow, he convinced me to register as a Republican. Why? So I could attend that year's (1972?) Republican convention in the long-gone Dome on the corner near the Hawaiian Village Hotel.

One caveat: I had to convince my brothers to register as Republicans & become my VP, and Secretary / Treasurer of the previously non-existent Republican district. I, of course, was President. They acceded to my request.

While I attended the Platform Committee, I had them attend the Credentials, Rules, etc. Committees.

My brothers tell me that I "forced" them . . . but truss me, no, they're disremembering.
                You're lucky they nevah dismembered you!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
                  I have a huge Skittle habit.
                  Just the other day, I saw packages of:
                  > Chocolate Skittles
                  > Wild Cherry M&Ms

I don't know about you, but that briefly (and pleasantly) messed with my head. Probably would have been even more pleasant had I tried either one.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                    You're lucky they nevah dismembered you!

Actually, lavagal, we had a great time. Was an experience we haven't forgotten. There must be an attendance list somewhere, don't you think? If I ever run for office in San Jose (no chance of that) especially as a Democrat, I hope all you HTers will be circumspect. No one else need ever know of this.

As you all must know, this district was sooo Democratic; Republicans kinda welcomed us to organize. Besides, there'd be absolutely no chance for us to attend the Democratic convention . . . none at all.

I think we're all Democrats again. I think. We don't really talk politics.
                    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                      If I ever run for office in San Jose (no chance of that) especially as a Democrat, I hope all you HTers will be circumspect. No one else need ever know of this.
                      Kinda makes me think about how no one said anything about my earlier comment:
                      Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      > I was, for many years, a registered member of the Republican Party. (And not for "subversive" reasons, either.)

Comment

Such a pity that this thread died out...such a lovely one, too.

Allow me to drag it out from the proverbial dusty attic, if only for a little while.

Let's see...something about me that you don't know...
                        I'm an avid porcelain doll and decorative mask collector.
                        I'm very anxious around deep water, and I'm scared to death when I'm in it.
                        Billy Connolly is my idol.
                        Everyone wanted to take prom pictures with me because I made them look tan.

Right, someone else have a go. I love threads like this.
                        Last edited by LonLeroux; May 27, 2008, 03:48 PM.
                        Hail to the Chief Bloomenbergensteinenthal, shiksa.

Comment

Hmmm...let's see...I'll run off a bunch of stuff that you guys probably don't know about me...

Ihavelotsofshoesandjustasmanynecktiesanddifferentc olognes(64)IjustsignedupforXboxLiveandloveplaying" RainbowSix:Vegas2"I'mscaredofheliumballoonsbecause Idon'tlikethesoundofitpoppingbymyearsIsleptwithmyf riend'sexIcollectedmyfingernailclippingsfor5yearsI trippedmyteacher'sdaughterinthe5thgradeoutofspiteI takemorethanonenewspaperfromthemachineandI'venever triedalcohol,tobacco,ordrugs. WHEW!
                          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Okay, I can understand the "no drugs" part, but not even a wee drink or a cigarette?
                            Well, aren't you just as pure as the driven snow.

Comment

Originally posted by LonLeroux View Post
                              Okay, I can understand the "no drugs" part, but not even a wee drink or a cigarette?
                              Well, aren't you just as pure as the driven snow.
                              Not a teeny-weeny bit. I'm not even Mormon, but I won't allow any of that in this temple *taps abs*
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                                Not a teeny-weeny bit. I'm not even Mormon, but I won't allow any of that in this temple *taps abs*
                                Is that because of health reasons? Or some sort of strong personal conviction?

Forgive me for prying, but that's interesting to me. If I get too nosey, do tell me to shut up.

Comment

Working...
                                X