Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please keep me in your prayers...

Aloha kakou,

I just wanted to tell you some very shocking news. Knowing that I was born blind will make you understand how bad this is.

I went to the doctor's office today, and it turns out that what my 'ohana and I thought was fluid that would clear out soon is actually a significant nerve hearing loss in my left ear that may be reversible and may not. I've already had a dose of Prednizone, which I'll be having for the next nine days, and on Wednesday I'll be having an MRI done on my inner ear to make sure that there's nothing to see that might have caused it.

Wish me luck getting better. I'll definitely keep you posted as the days go on.

A hui hou,
    'Alika
    'Alika

Re: Please keep me in your prayers...

You are so young to have gone thru and continue to go thru so much, Alex. Prayers from me to you, for sure. Hang in there.

Comment

Alika, I lift you up in prayer dear.

In Jesus name,

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

i'm sorry to hear about the news. i hope things will work out and that there won't be any problems with your hearing. best wishes and let us know how things are going.
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I pray for you I hope everything will be fine from here on in.

Comment

I hope this episode turns for the best. Keep well. We're all praying for you.

Comment

I wish you well!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Starting to pray for you now.
                Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I used to help out a guy who was deaf and blind. Kinda like a service human working thru HSOD (Hawaii Services on Deafness). He was born deaf and as he aged he became blind. One day he woke up and he couldn't see anymore.

But he adapted and is actually quite normal by personality means. It took a while to adapt but thru the services of HSOD he was able to function again. As you can imagine, touch became an all too important sense for him to integrate with society and we communicated thru ASL by touch. He would hold his hands palm forward to me and I would put my hand in his so he could feel me signing to him. We developed shortcuts in our communcations so he could adapt quicker to this inability to see.

If your hearing is going to end anytime, you may want to start gearing up for that eventuality as it can be quite a shock to wake up one morning and not hear anything. Dealing with it now will give you the strength to carry on if and when it does happen. And check out organizations such as HSOD and others that can aid you.

Good luck
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Craig,

It's only the left ear, and I can read Braille. It's all maika'i, I think.
                    'Alika

Comment

All right everybody, new news for you!

It turns out that I had the MRI on my ear done after school today. It was very long and annoying, but I held as still as I could and got through it. The only thing that the doctors could see was an inflamation on the nerve. There's nothing pressing on it. Mahalo ke Akua! (Thank God!)

Now I just have to wait and see if the Prednizone, and possibly another medicine as far as I can remember, does for me.

Mahalo to each and every one of you for all your support and aloha.

A hui hou kakou!
                      'Alika

Comment

Hallelujah, so just a matter of time for that inflammation to go away.

Do you like eating raw pineapple? the bromelain in it is a proven anti-inflammatory and so yummy. I hope so. also....if...you like raw onions and/or garlic they, too can bless you.

Will remember you in prayers, still. We all need all of the prayers we can receive.

sending you huggz~
                        Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

great news! have a good, deep sleep!
                          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Hallelujah!! Thanks be to God!

I'm so happy to hear such wonderful news.

(((Hugs)))

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha,

New update!

I had another hearing test today. On Monday I couldn't understand any words, and today I could understand 25 percent of them at a very high volume. On Saturday I'll be having a blood sugar test just to make sure that the Prednizone isn't increasing it, and then I'll be going back to the audiologist on Monday for more hearing tests. I'll keep spreading the news as it becomes available.
                              'Alika

Comment

Working...
                              X