Doing a Nice Thing for a Not-Nice Reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doing a Nice Thing for a Not-Nice Reason

i know a girl who borowed her friend money to buy a car. The girl who borrowed the money to her is very well off, then the girl who bought the car got pregnant and had a baby so she didnt have the money to pay her right away. So the other trend started talking smack about her to everyone she knew, bragging about what she did and how she is sucha great friend and how the other girl is such a biagch. IMHO I dont think she should have done it at all cuz now I'm getting sick of her gossiping about it every time we talk! it depends on the degree of the act and how selfish it was

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Is this admirable, is it reprehensible, is it somewhere in the middle, or do the actions and motivations essentially cancel each other out?
      I think they cancel each other out, so might as well just do it. Short of putting that triangle fold on the TP, I try to leave a uni-sex or private bathroom a little cleaner than when I first used it. I'm also a seat and cover putter downer regardless if I was standing or sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nani View Post
        i know a girl who borowed her friend money to buy a car. The girl who borrowed the money to her is very well off, then the girl who bought the car got pregnant and had a baby so she didnt have the money to pay her right away.[...]
        Did the "friend" enter into a written contract for the loan (to also include interest) and have the loan secured by having herself listed on the title as the legal owner? If not, she's just as much at fault for lending the money as the borrower is for defaulting. If so, she can repossess the car and sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          I don't think a woman should have to deal with that nastiness when there are so many other nastinesses brought about by men. It's sort of a do-unto-others thing, even though my real motivation is that I cannot stand the thought of some woman using the restroom after me and thinking whatever's there is MINE.
          I think this is a common courtesy no matter your gender. BTW, I read a LOT of message boards and work in an office of 85% women. The stories I hear about womens bathrooms surprises (shocks?) me at times. I dont' think men are necessarily filthier than women. I'm also always reading about women "hovering" and not cleaning.. lol
          n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
            I'm also always reading about women "hovering" and not cleaning.. lol
            I have this vague feeling I read a local story, while in college, about a girl who learned to go standing up.
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
            "
            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

my friends name is nikki and her friend that she borrowed to has the same ne so its kinda hard to explain it with names, but yeah my friend did sign a contract with her, no intrest though and she is not on the title, like I was trying to say before, its like the only reason she did it was to brag about it. She did this like last year I think and right after she did it she called me up to brag to me about how good of a friend she is to borrow her other friend the money. Then went in to say that she won't even get it back cuz the other girl will make up ecxuses not to pay her. U might wonderwhy in her friend then, but its cuz our parents were friends in highschool together and like best friends

Comment

OK, toilet things aside,

I just bought my sweetie an awesome surfboard, practically new, and just plain awesome.

Why?

Because I really like the one that he bought, and I was hoping to trade him this cool new one for the beater board that he has, that I really like. I REALLY LIKE his board!! I even named it! I want it for my own!
                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                  Because I really like the one that he bought, and I was hoping to trade him this cool new one for the beater board that he has, that I really like. I REALLY LIKE his board!! I even named it! I want it for my own!
                  LOL

So eeeeevil
                  "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                  "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                  "
                  Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
                  X